Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:12 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,315,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Part of Beverly Hills is 323, you do know that? It's one of 3 cities that are split between 310 and 323 - the others being West Hollywood and Culver City (although virtually no one lives in the tiny part of CC that's 323, it's commercial/industrial)
beverly hills PO? adjacent? the core of BH is 310
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 12:20 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,628,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
beverly hills PO? adjacent? the core of BH is 310
BH PO is 310. Most of BH is 310. But there is a significant chunk of BH that's 323. My female friend in BH whom I've mentioned is in 323 (although she has a 310 cell phone). It's not like the bit of CC in 323 which is tiny and insignificant.

"BH Adjacent" can mean many different areas which could be in either 310 or 323 depending on where they're at.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
BH PO is 310. Most of BH is 310. But there is a significant chunk of BH that's 323. My female friend in BH whom I've mentioned is in 323 (although she has a 310 cell phone). It's not like the bit of CC in 323 which is tiny and insignificant.

"BH Adjacent" can mean many different areas which could be in either 310 or 323 depending on where they're at.

OK, tell me something new. What part of BH is in the 323? And what part of CC

Obviously hte most visible and known parts of BH (north of Wilshire) are in 310

Old 01-11-2011, 12:37 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,628,882 times
Quote:
OK, tell me something new. What part of BH is in the 323? And what part of CC

Obviously hte most visible and known parts of BH (north of Wilshire) are in 310
In the cases of both BH and CC, east of La Cienega.
BH between La Cienega and San Vicente (the eastern border of BH once San Vicente crosses La Cienega) has a considerable number of homes, apartments, and businesses. The part of CC east of La Cienega is very tiny, and I've never heard of anyone actually living there. (La Cienega on the west, Fairfax on the east, Washington on the north, and the La Cienega/Fairfax intersection on the south.)

Old 01-11-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
In the cases of both BH and CC, east of La Cienega.
BH between La Cienega and San Vicente (the eastern border of BH once San Vicente crosses La Cienega) has a considerable number of homes, apartments, and businesses. The part of CC east of La Cienega is very tiny, and I've never heard of anyone actually living there. (La Cienega on the west, Fairfax on the east, Washington on the north, and the La Cienega/Fairfax intersection on the south.)
OK, this could be a confusing thing up to debate. What are the city limits of Beverly Hills? It's like the city of West Hollywood. It ranges from block to block, up and down (i.e. around Romaine and those streets south of SMB, one block is LA, then back to weho). I didn't realize beverly hills ever went east of la cienega.

edit: I mean i've seen parts of BH that claim to be east of la cienega then they use city of La as their address? weird

Old 01-11-2011, 01:25 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,084,600 times
Good god now I understand why L.A. metro always was a bad fit for me. All this obsession with area codes, and zip codes too, for that matter. Maybe fodder for another self-obsessed L.A. thread is how tacky Valley zips are compared to [somewhere else in the city].

Nevertheless, I could not resist. I looked up my area code on Urban Dictionary. Boy was I relieved to find out that, "805 is basically Ventura County and Santa Barbara..." And most importantly, "It's not a status symbol. It's an area code." LMAO!

Urban Dictionary: 805

Old 01-11-2011, 08:45 AM

1,955 posts, read 10,989,403 times
Quote:
edit: I mean i've seen parts of BH that claim to be east of la cienega then they use city of La as their address? weird
It's one of those cases in which the land is one city's jurisdiction, but the post office serving the area is from the adjacent city.

BHPO is one of those cases. The hills above Beverly Hills is technically Los Angeles, but the post office serving the area is Beverly Hills'.

City of Industry is another one - it spans from the 605 to the 57, and may have a zip code of Pico Rivera's, Hacienda Heights', Rowland Heights', La Puente's, or Walnut's.

The same goes for area code splits, hence why in some cases, parts of one city has one area code while another has a different one; in my area, the northwest part of Walnut has a 626 area code because the telephone switches come from adjacent West Covina, whereas the rest of Walnut has a 909 area code. Likewise, the east side of Rowland Heights has a 909 area code because the switches come from Diamond Bar, whereas the rest is 626.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:10 AM

277 posts, read 380,128 times
Who are these people you speak of?

Old 01-11-2011, 10:12 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,822,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
Who are these people you speak of?

Who are these people who spoke (really wrote) that you write of?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:07 AM

277 posts, read 380,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Who are these people who spoke (really wrote) that you write of?
Who are these people who really wrote, then spoke that you just wrote of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles