Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 01:51 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,337,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftChicago View Post
Sounds like Pasadena might be the best bet of the three. Anyone have any thoughts about Los Feliz or Silver Lake, or something around Griffith Park? How would these compare for traffic/driving up to Santa Clarita or out to Pasadena?
Los Feliz is what borders Griffith Park (on this side). I live in Los Feliz and it's nice here. Los Feliz Village is chic and fun. I can also ride the subway. For you, I recommend Old Pasadena. It's the most walkable of the areas you mentioned. I lived there before and it's my favorite of all the places in the world I've lived. It has everything you mentioned and the architecture is gorgeous. It has a little more laid back vibe than some other parts of L.A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 09:21 PM

4 posts, read 20,208 times
I would have to agree with everyone else. I have lived near Pasadena for the past 10 years and finally was able to afford to move to Old Towne Pasadena itself a year and a half ago. I love it! Especially for young professionals, there is so much to do! It's definitely the most expensive of the 3 areas you've mentioned but much nicer. I went to school up in Berkeley, and would have to say that if you are looking for independent coffee shops, etc. with the Berkeley feel then choose Los Feliz or Silverlake. Pasadena is more urban-suburban professionals, though lots of nice art schools and museums in the area. But the others are more arty.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:14 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,699,095 times
Cool Los Feliz-Silverlake to Pasadena commute time

Hollywood area (incl Los Feliz, Echo Park) to Pasadena is always a half-hour day or night (unless accident jams things up etc.). Only way to go is as follows: 101 N towards Ventura for just a couple miles, take Universal City exit (Lankershim north), leads to Cahuenga north for a couple blocks, then Hwy 134 east to Pasadena. Coming back to Hollywood area on weekend nights can really, really bog down with hideous traffic (Ughhhhhhhh..........)

Old 10-16-2007, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,850 times
Default Burbank, Pasadena and Studio City

Burbank and Pasadena are good choices for the type of location and lifestyle you wish to have in Los Angeles. But I'd also recommend Studio City, which is the most conveniently located neighborhood/town in Los Angeles (with short access to the valley, westside, downtown Los Angeles and Santa Clarita). Studio City is a safe neighborhood with great restaurants and shops (neighboring Sherman Oaks also offers many boutiques, shops and restaurants). You can find additional interesting information about Studio City, Burbank and Glendale at realtycounselors.com .

Last edited by TheBlogger; 10-16-2007 at 08:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles