Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 04:03 PM

817 posts, read 753,390 times

Advertisements

Interesting read in the Times

It’s not hard to find California Trump voters, if you know where to look - LA Times

In a very telling moment, Hillary Clinton maligned me and millions of other Americans as racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic and Islamophobic "deplorables." Yet, so many like me live in L.A.

I'm so tired of this line of attack that normally taunts conservatives. Well let me be very specific in my response. I believe in expanding opportunity, not welfare; that's not racist.

I believe every life is worth protecting, particularly the unborn; that doesn't make me sexist.

I believe marriage is between one man and one woman; that's not homophobic.

I believe in borders, the rule of law and our sovereign right to decide who to let into our country; that's not xenophobic.

I believe radical Islam is a mortal threat to America and Western civilization; that is common sense, not Islamophobia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 05:10 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,147,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
Interesting read in the Times

It’s not hard to find California Trump voters, if you know where to look - LA Times

In a very telling moment, Hillary Clinton maligned me and millions of other Americans as racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic and Islamophobic "deplorables." Yet, so many like me live in L.A.

I'm so tired of this line of attack that normally taunts conservatives. Well let me be very specific in my response. I believe in expanding opportunity, not welfare; that's not racist.

I believe every life is worth protecting, particularly the unborn; that doesn't make me sexist.

I believe marriage is between one man and one woman; that's not homophobic.

I believe in borders, the rule of law and our sovereign right to decide who to let into our country; that's not xenophobic.

I believe radical Islam is a mortal threat to America and Western civilization; that is common sense, not Islamophobia.
I live in the greater LA area too and also support Trump because there is no other real alternative. However, unlike yourself, I support same sex marriage. Though I find it an abhorrent means of birth control, I support the right to abortion. I would place some restrictions on abortion like a ban on the 3rd trimester, much like what they have in Germany.

Of course we need borders and we need them enforced. Anyone who says otherwise is inviting anarchy.

Individual Moslems can be amazing people, but the religion -- and I have studied it -- is at its core, problematic. Of course, and to be fair, I am an atheist and thus find other religions to be problematic as well. Nonetheless, Christianity has been reformed. With respect to Islam, Winston Churchill put it best in The River Wars (1899):

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:51 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,795,985 times
This belongs in the Politics forum.

Neither Trump nor Clinton will be getting my vote. I will not be responsible for putting one of them in the position as president.

This entire political race as been a huge joke.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:54 PM

8,343 posts, read 6,435,284 times
If Clinton gets in your right to worship as you please is gone
Your investment in guns is gone.
Your right to free speech is gone.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:03 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,825,744 times
Johnson/Weld 2016!

Old 09-26-2016, 06:05 PM

264 posts, read 250,614 times
California has not voted Republican in a presidential election in 28 years and there's no sign it will do so anytime soon.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:09 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,990,256 times
Debbie Wasserman Shultz and Julian Assange gave the election to Trump. As soon as it was exposed that the DNC held a soviet style primary election, they pretty much lost nearly half their support.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:23 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,409,113 times
Interesting thread however demographics are not in favor of Trump here. This is one of the Bluest of Blue zones, overall.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Debbie Wasserman Shultz and Julian Assange gave the election to Trump. As soon as it was exposed that the DNC held a soviet style primary election, they pretty much lost nearly half their support.
You mean Putin gave the election to Trump

Old 09-26-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Interesting thread however demographics are not in favor of Trump here. This is one of the Bluest of Blue zones, overall.
It's going to be interesting. Everyone I know in LA is either a Trump supporter or was a Bernie supporter and I don't think most of the Bernie supporters are going to vote for Hillary. And once you get outside of LA and SF the rest of the giant state of CA is very conservative. It's just a matter of who shows up at the polls. If all of the Bernie supporters really do stay home then I think Hillary will have a hard time winning CA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles