Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:09 PM

2,071 posts, read 12,014,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kftselios View Post
More info on the area of the apartment on Mira Mar . . . it is below E. Anaheim but a little above 7th Street.
South of 7th on Mira Mar is fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 06:37 AM

369 posts, read 1,960,051 times
Your Mira Mar location is ok, much better than the Lemon. Still, I would want to be below 7th on that street if possible. As advised by others, the closer to the water the better. Obviously budget is a concern, but safety is key.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:38 AM

369 posts, read 1,960,051 times
Maybe if you gave some idea about how much you can afford for rent we can offer more suggestions...

Old 03-07-2008, 07:05 AM

100 posts, read 543,913 times
#1 is right between Wrigley and the north end of downtown... not a good choice.

#2 is good but make sure not to go west of Redondo at night (Rose Park area which is one of Long Beach's bad areas).

Old 03-07-2008, 03:59 PM

81 posts, read 327,031 times
Default don't forget these areas!!

what is your budget? everyone always forgets about bixby knolls, california heights areas in long beach and they are in the north and beautiful, safe, etc. i know they have some of those "blue ribbon schools". are you looking for a house or apt? i have seen, driving through, some nice looking apt building tucked into sfr neighborhoods in bixby knolls with good schools. you might get more for your $$ there and love the neighborhood.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:03 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
And further north are the Carmelitos (public housing) and a trailer park.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:22 PM

916 posts, read 3,698,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever78 View Post
what is your budget? everyone always forgets about bixby knolls, california heights areas in long beach and they are in the north and beautiful, safe, etc. i know they have some of those "blue ribbon schools". are you looking for a house or apt? i have seen, driving through, some nice looking apt building tucked into sfr neighborhoods in bixby knolls with good schools. you might get more for your $$ there and love the neighborhood.

I agree Bixby Knolls, Cal Heights, etc. are very nice. It depends on your priority. Those houses are big, lots of character, big yards, etc. But it's further from the water. Depends what you're looking for I guess.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:50 PM

14 posts, read 47,458 times
Does anyone else know - Are there any other apartments/condo complexes similar to "133 Promenade along Pine Ave or is that structure a one of a kind?

I'm looking for a very nice one or two bedroom apartment right in downtown close to the blue line. Subscribed to Westsiderentals and have found quite a few in the highrises along Ocean Blvd. but was wondering if there's any more even further downtown as well that might not be up on that site.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,985 times
Just wondering if you decided to live in Long Beach. We are a family of three considering moving to Long Beach. We currently live in San Marcos, CA, suburbs of San Diego. So we are use to immaculate, new neighborhoods, lots of kids in the neighborhood - a paradise. Unfortunately, a new job takes my husband to Culver City. Oh, does anyone know what the commute is like from Belmont Shores? Thank you.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:25 PM

916 posts, read 3,698,852 times
If you want a new neighborhood there are only a couple of options in LB. Most of LB is older. I like this better because there is a lot more character in the houses. The newer stuff is very cookie cutter but if that is what you are looking for I think the only option would be the Spinnaker Bay area. It's pricey though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles