Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 02:53 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post

The gangstas on twitter were wrong then, they promised the "streets not police were gonna get him"...

They gotta interview his mom so we can hear how he's a good boy that goes to church every Sunday and would never hurt a fly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 06:57 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Agree . Per LAPD it sounds like he was still hanging with gang members.

Big surprise.

He also unfortunately appears to have been a racist, sadly . Aren’t there better role models out there ?

“On Victory Lap's Kendrick Lamar collaboration “Dedication,” Hussle raps, “Royalties, publishing, plus I own masters/ I'll be damned if I slave for some white crackers”

Yeah, they're are better role models out there. Unfortunately many black people would consider most of them corny, cheesy, sellouts, ect. The black community takes waaaaay too much direction from rich spoiled athletes, entertainers, and ex-cons, that yell out loud with half the facts.

The real ironic thing is, at one point Nipsey Hussle made a song called "F--- Donald Trump". I think its fair too say he much bigger problems than President Trump.

Old 04-02-2019, 10:13 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Yeah, they're are better role models out there. Unfortunately many black people would consider most of them corny, cheesy, sellouts, ect. The black community takes waaaaay too much direction from rich spoiled athletes, entertainers, and ex-cons, that yell out loud with half the facts.

The real ironic thing is, at one point Nipsey Hussle made a song called "F--- Donald Trump". I think its fair too say he much bigger problems than President Trump.
Why is he a role model again? Because he opened a business in the hood that sells $100 t shirts where I'm sure every employee is a friend or family member. That's not providing a service to the neighborhood. There are real role models in the world.

Old 04-03-2019, 02:36 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
Wow they caught him pretty damn Fast. Looks like he wasn't really hiding at all, he was trying to check himself into a mental health facility
Too late for that Bro, he's going to at minimum be charged for with Murder 2

I still think TMZ did more to catch This guy than LAPD did.
This dude took a good mans life because he was called a Snitch(Allegedly)
Bloods and Crips together have already killed 2 of Eric holders family members in retaliation
I personally think thats what flushed him out in the end.

Old 04-03-2019, 02:53 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,897,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah I read something saying he hired a lot of people from the community and formerly incarcerated, so wouldn't be surprised.

On twitter, in regards to the suspect a lot of people are saying "the streets will get him , not police". It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I see the Mayor and LAPD are putting a lot of tweets out about this. Too bad every killing in L.A doesn't get as much attention.

Last week 26 people were shot and 10 killed in L.A

https://patch.com/california/los-ang...sle-live-video
It sounds crazy I know, but in that same sentence he also said despite these murders crime is still down by 17% since 2018. I think what we're seeing now is people are becomimg less desensitized to murders in our urban centers, and many younger generations understand how serious murder really is. You really see this with Chicago even though Chicago has

Old 04-04-2019, 08:06 AM

408 posts, read 581,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Wow they caught him pretty damn Fast. Looks like he wasn't really hiding at all, he was trying to check himself into a mental health facility
Too late for that Bro, he's going to at minimum be charged for with Murder 2

I still think TMZ did more to catch This guy than LAPD did.
This dude took a good mans life because he was called a Snitch(Allegedly)
Bloods and Crips together have already killed 2 of Eric holders family members in retaliation
I personally think thats what flushed him out in the end.
Thanks for the update. Definitely got scared quick and went to get checked in. However, the universe said nope lets go to where you are SAFE aka Prison for now. I really do wish the streets got to him first though. A lot of people are hurting right now, and his toxic masculinity of being called a "snitch" pushed over the edge to Murder a great man.

Old 04-04-2019, 09:40 AM

Like I suspected , his suspected killer was an aspiring rapper

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...403-story.html

Old 04-04-2019, 11:31 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times

Interesting times.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Interesting times.
Yeah but LAPD. and the Mayor also invited Nation of Islam to a press conference ..

So not too sure if I’d trust their judgement so much .

Old 04-04-2019, 02:26 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,251,052 times
I sincerely wish there was a moral panic directed at gangs and gang violence, the same way moral panic has engulfed other parts of everyday life. I only heard of his name, and I gave up listening to ̶r̶a̶p̶ all music a while ago, but I do remember hearing "stop the violence" rhetoric before he was born. People in numbers can put it to an end, or imagine the same thing happening to their children and others in 10 years or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles