Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2021, 08:59 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,695,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Hard to eat decent food today as all plant life and meats are not what they were. Fertilizers, insect killers, GMO, DNA, the additives in drinks like in diet soda, alterations in plants, tons of sugar in everything and more, have changed even the best foods to poor foods. Makes money for the big corporations, but costs people their health.

Now lifestyle is a different matter. Get off the chair, out of the house and out of your car and walk, walk, walk, walk and do so fast, not just a stroll, and it will make a difference. We have become extremely sedentary and it has a huge impact on our health. Yes get out of the bars, restaurants and lazy gatherings and do physical work not just exercises. Too many hire other as they do not want to do it. Everyone choice. I used to live as above, then changed diet and how I lived physically. Lost over 80 lbs and look a LOT better and feel a LOT better and have been able to reduce even some of the meds I must take due to such improvements. Everyone's choice.

This can build a better immune system and aid in avoiding major issues with most any illness.
You're 100% correct on that. But what people don't realize is that how certain things have been shut down & with people allowed to work at home. We are going to see a HUGE spike in other heart related issues years from now because of how everybody stopped staying active. Think about the millions of people who still have not gone back to the gym. There are a lot of people who don't have the discipline to go outside and run/walk but will go to the gym. Some places it's just to cold to go outside and do those things.

Old 01-14-2021, 01:01 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,667,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
You're 100% correct on that. But what people don't realize is that how certain things have been shut down & with people allowed to work at home. We are going to see a HUGE spike in other heart related issues years from now because of how everybody stopped staying active. Think about the millions of people who still have not gone back to the gym. There are a lot of people who don't have the discipline to go outside and run/walk but will go to the gym. Some places it's just to cold to go outside and do those things.
I lift weights for exercise -- shoulder presses, bicep curls, hammer curls, upright rows, and lateral lifts. I get plenty of cardio from that. If somebody can afford a gym, they can afford to invest in free weights. Or get an all-in-one machine. And if those options do not appeal to somebody, there are 197,587,861 other forms of exercise somebody can do in their home that will get their heart rate up. It's not like the Jane Fonda Workout just came out on VHS yesterday and almost nobody has heard of it...

Old 01-14-2021, 02:40 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,785,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I lift weights for exercise -- shoulder presses, bicep curls, hammer curls, upright rows, and lateral lifts. I get plenty of cardio from that. If somebody can afford a gym, they can afford to invest in free weights. Or get an all-in-one machine. And if those options do not appeal to somebody, there are 197,587,861 other forms of exercise somebody can do in their home that will get their heart rate up. It's not like the Jane Fonda Workout just came out on VHS yesterday and almost nobody has heard of it...
Yep and I am increasing my exercising. But most don't. Those who really care about it, find ways, but most just stay in a chair at home , at a bar, coffee shop or a restaurant.

Old 01-14-2021, 02:58 PM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Yep and I am increasing my exercising. But most don't. Those who really care about it, find ways, but most just stay in a chair at home , at a bar, coffee shop or a restaurant.
What's with all your head smacking, Racer? No one can go to bars or coffee shops now, anyway.

Old 01-14-2021, 03:22 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times
Quote:
Months ago I heard there's a shortage of equipment to order. I already had some items.

In Los Angeles, it rarely is true that it's too cold to go outside to exercise.

Old 01-14-2021, 03:29 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,667,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Months ago I heard there's a shortage of equipment to order. I already had some items.

Jumping-jacks require no equipment. Why can't people do 1,000 jumping-jacks instead of going for a jog and spewing their mouth garbage all over my neighborhood?

Old 01-14-2021, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Actually, it is, at 6:30 a.m. (Another reason that I miss the gym.)

Old 01-14-2021, 04:24 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times
Quote:
Jumping-jacks require no equipment. Why can't people do 1,000 jumping-jacks instead of going for a jog and spewing their mouth garbage all over my neighborhood?
You must live near San Vicente with your jogging obsession

Old 01-14-2021, 04:32 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times
Reason: corrupt Newsome, his cohort Ferrar, and all the misinformation and NOT advising good health habits to any of the people,, nothing about keeping strong immune system...Mr. French Laundry cheat.

I live on San Vicente and am not a jogger, never was.

Old 01-14-2021, 06:03 PM

People living in the most impoverished neighborhoods of L.A. County are now averaging about 36 deaths a day per 100,000 residents. By contrast, those living in the wealthiest areas are experiencing about 10 deaths a day per 100,000 residents.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...id-death-rates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles