Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2020, 02:43 PM

26,739 posts, read 26,834,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
El Monte has had NO cases that I know of, but we knew with the asshatness of "Freedom" idiocy and especially the TIK TOK crowd that we're going to get hit.
El Monte has no cases? They've had 7,995 confirmed cases as of today.

Old 12-17-2020, 04:34 PM

ICU capacity here is at zero percent. This is horrible.

The availability of intensive care unit beds throughout Southern California reached critical mass Thursday, with 0% open, the latest sign of how the worst wave of the coronavirus is hammering hospitals and pushing healthcare systems to their limits.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...covid-19-surge

Old 12-17-2020, 06:18 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,670,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
ICU capacity here is at zero percent. This is horrible.
It is indeed. And I still see people walking around without their face covered. I don't know if they're incredibly naive, incredibly inconsiderate, or both. I'm leaning towards the lattermost.

Old 12-17-2020, 10:11 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,555,130 times
Too many people have quit listening to the recommendations. Instead they're thinking, "I can do whatever I want; I don't care about these stupid restrictions." And then they're going out and spreading COVID-19 far and wide. I hope that family Thanksgiving dinner was worth it!

I find it sad that we didn't learn anything from what happened in New York last spring - or from history. The third wave of the 1918 pandemic was the worst by far.

I really feel bad for all of the healthcare workers. They're on the front lines every day trying to save people.

Old 12-18-2020, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Too many people have quit listening to the recommendations. Instead they're thinking, "I can do whatever I want; I don't care about these stupid restrictions." And then they're going out and spreading COVID-19 far and wide. I hope that family Thanksgiving dinner was worth it!

I find it sad that we didn't learn anything from what happened in New York last spring - or from history. The third wave of the 1918 pandemic was the worst by far.

I really feel bad for all of the healthcare workers. They're on the front lines every day trying to save people.
And then there are people like us. People who have been living by the rules since last March, and we're like, "WTF is the matter with all you cheaters? We would have possibly been out of this mess a long time ago if it wasn't for you people!"

Every day I'm becoming more like Michael Douglas' character from the film Falling Down.

Old 12-18-2020, 02:40 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,633,438 times
Quote:

You do realize that most of the rest of the nation isn’t living under restrictions like we have and isn’t under the same rise in cases we’ve experienced, don’t you?

Old 12-18-2020, 02:43 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,633,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
Mom and I were talking about this in the early spring. She's in El Monte, a city that for decades has had special by-laws concerning long term and rehabilitation Care Homes. The poorer, or more stable comm. like El Monte, S. El Monte, don't travel much. El Monte has had NO cases that I know of, but we knew with the asshatness of "Freedom" idiocy and especially the TIK TOK crowd that we're going to get hit. It seems to be happening now.

Mom is 93. That vaccine, IF EFFECTIVE (?) is going to take six months to a year, IF THINGS GO WELL. it's not a panacea for being responsible to vulnerable members of society.
Dr Fauci said herd immunity by May or June. That coincides with around half the population getting the vaccine plus the number of those who have had it. Herd immunity is reached when about 60-70% are immune so late spring or early summer seems about right.

Old 12-18-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
I actually think that what they're thinking is more along the lines of, "I won't get this virus because I'm healthy." At least this is what I seem to hear from people I know who aren't following the mandates. Or "You can't really get it from an airplane; the air is recirculated." Or "I want to see my grandchildren." Or "Eating out? There's no scientific evidence that this contributes to the virus." Lots of denial out there.

Old 12-18-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
You do realize that most of the rest of the nation isn’t living under restrictions like we have and isn’t under the same rise in cases we’ve experienced, don’t you?
What? Death rate per 100 K in California in the past 14 days is 6.2. Have you checked all the states that are much higher than ours? (And this is the L.A. sub forum.)

Old 12-18-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post

1. L.A. is a megalopolis. Cities such as BF Wyoming are not comparable.

2. From the beginning, some residents (perhaps 50% of all residents), have disregarded at least one of the CDC guidelines.

Case closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles