Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 03:50 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,472,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
whoa whoa whoa, home boy. You just lost all credibility, there.

I'm standing my ground!

Órale , homes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 05:00 PM

545 posts, read 513,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm noticing that afternoon traffic on the freeways is starting to build back up again. It's not as bad as before, but I can definitely tell that more and more people are out driving around now.

I think people are getting covid fatigue and are basically blowing off the stay at home orders.
I know young people my daughter's age are done with Covid and are starting to thumb their noses at the orders and are going out anyway

Old 12-22-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Yuma is barely AZ. One shift of the Colorado River and it could be Mexico or California. It still isn't as good as LA. It is more akin to San Diego, which is okay for tacos, but less diverse than LA. Most of what you get in SD and Yuma is Sonoran.
I think the higher-end Mexican restaurants -- think dark lighting and margaritas and more of a cuisine menu -- are better in San Diego but LA has the better Mexican "street food" for lack of a better term.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:06 PM

52,203 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka View Post
I know young people my daughter's age are done with Covid and are starting to thumb their noses at the orders and are going out anyway
The A hole governor here has us locked down to be out only for essentials. LOL, the stores are supposed to be operating at 30 to 40 percent capacity. I go to my local Ralphs and it's loaded up with people just like it always was. Even big corporations like Ralphs are starting to blow off some of the rules.

I see tons of people out, no one is paying attention to not being out but for essentials only. I can absolutely guarantee it. I also know that there are some police agencies here that have openly said that they aren't going to bother hassling people about COVID restrictions.

Newsom can go sit in a restaurant with 12 plus people at a table indoors with no masks and no distancing and yet he is pulling this crap on us.

Screw that dude.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The A hole governor here has us locked down to be out only for essentials. LOL, the stores are supposed to be operating at 30 to 40 percent capacity. I go to my local Ralphs and it's loaded up with people just like it always was. Even big corporations like Ralphs are starting to blow off some of the rules.

I see tons of people out, no one is paying attention to not being out but for essentials only. I can absolutely guarantee it. I also know that there are some police agencies here that have openly said that they aren't going to bother hassling people about COVID restrictions.

Newsom can go sit in a restaurant with 12 plus people at a table indoors with no masks and no distancing and yet he is pulling this crap on us.

Screw that dude.
Yep, people are basically telling the Gov to shove it

Old 12-22-2020, 08:28 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
At the expense of themselves and those around them. Cut off your nose to spite your face. Tough guys

Strange thing is there's been very little recent impact on the small number of stores I've been going to for more than half the year. Doesn't happen to include a Ralph's, though I never had anything against the chain, and I even found a Trader Joe's that is marginally acceptable. I guess I picked well and shop at the right times. I still feel my quality of life is directly worse due to the pandemic and would urge others to stay away.

Old 12-23-2020, 07:27 PM

850 posts, read 796,132 times
Well looks like CA just hit 2 million cases so I guess I'll just stay where I'm at.

Old 12-25-2020, 10:39 PM

158 posts, read 159,381 times
-Highest GDP in the country
-#6 economy in the world
-You can sell Mexico, Canada, Hawaii and the Pacific Islands from here plus the 40million in your own state
-Top 5 on roi in Real Estate

You better have great income though and an open mind. There are many places to live here where there’s no homeless. Don’t listen to the haters, most can’t afford to live here so they get their panties wet and leave the state for “mansions” in Arkansas.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:11 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oping00 View Post
Well looks like CA just hit 2 million cases so I guess I'll just stay where I'm at.
Good idea. I remember back in the spring at the beginning of the pandemic, there were a few threads started by people thinking about moving here, and many of us figured that if they just waited a few months...
Needless to say, we were wrong.

Old 12-26-2020, 06:31 PM

158 posts, read 159,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Good idea. I remember back in the spring at the beginning of the pandemic, there were a few threads started by people thinking about moving here, and many of us figured that if they just waited a few months...
Needless to say, we were wrong.
They can stay where they are. We are overcrowded in some areas anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles