Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 10:26 PM

6 posts, read 22,774 times

Advertisements

While yes there are a lot of crime in L.A. if you were to stop at a gas station to use the rest room in the middle of the night, you would probably be alright. Just make sure you go to one that is on the main road, and has lights outside. I tend to not go to gas stations just because the restrooms are extremely dirty, I usually stop at a fast food place. There are usually cameras there, so people won't try anything around there. Now I too am a very very white guy, but I have gone to compton, watts, L.A, etc at all hours of the night. As long as you keep to yourself, you will be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 01:39 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times
A way to read Gang Graffiti is to see what is written and if a lot of names or Graffiti is crossed out (X'd out) then there is a turf war going on. If a war is going on Random shootings will happen.

Crime comes from all races in Compton. Mainly, Blacks killing blacks. All Hispanics killing blacks. And Mexicans killing Non Mexican Hispanics.

Mexican gangs will respect another Mexican unless a green light is given from the Prison system. It all comes from the prison system with Mexican gangs. They are more organized and truer to organized crime syndicates then other street gangs.

Mara-Salvatrucha is a whole different story. They will fire on anyone and they have a long standing war with 18 Street. Any SalvaTrucha Neighborhood is very dangerous.

Unfortunately racial tensions are very high in Los Angeles with a war going on between all Hispanic Gangs and Black Gangs. At one point it was reported in the news that a green light was given out on any black males regardless if gang affiliation was known.

Old 05-06-2007, 04:17 PM

332 posts, read 2,149,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
The Italian mafia? Where am I, 1955?

BTW, the "Russian" mob is actually Jewish.
I'm not sure if you're hinting at anti-semitism with this post by putting quotes around Russian, but yes, they are mostly Russian Jews. They are a huge problem in LA as well. Being Jewish myself, I associate with a lot of Jews in LA, and I have to be wary of not getting caught up with the wrong crowd.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:12 PM

11 posts, read 100,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT1212 View Post
Hey people, well unfortunately i live in Compton and this city has been having the most murder rates per capita in the untited states in most of the past and recent years. This city has roughly about 55% hispanics, 40% african-amercans, and less than 5% of pacific islanders, whites, and american indians. And well since ive been all over the US quite a bit, i have noticed definitely that us hispanics are the cause for the most dangerous crime, murders. im sorry but its true guys, we're the ones to blame for all these murders and tortures. Well living here in Compton i have seen some TERRIBLE things this place is a death sentence while there are not alot of rapes, robberies, etc, the most dangerous crimes, murders and tortures, happen all the time! It sucks because i know soo many people who died from a homocide, it angers me!
To be honest I'm pretty sure u don't live in Compton and never have been. U are just saying some of the facts from this site like

"This city has roughly about 55% hispanics, 40% african-amercans, and less than 5% of pacific islanders, whites, and american indians."

And

"while there are not alot of rapes, robberies, etc, the most dangerous crimes, murders and tortures, happen all the time!"

I'm a Hip-Hop fan and which forum I ever visit there are always kids who say that they're from Compton. They think it's cool to be from Compton and since it's Internet everybody can make up everything.

And u are obviously one of them. Some may not see it but I can figure that out just that easy...

Old 06-27-2007, 09:20 PM

636 posts, read 2,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcreep View Post
While yes there are a lot of crime in L.A. if you were to stop at a gas station to use the rest room in the middle of the night, you would probably be alright. Just make sure you go to one that is on the main road, and has lights outside. I tend to not go to gas stations just because the restrooms are extremely dirty, I usually stop at a fast food place. There are usually cameras there, so people won't try anything around there. Now I too am a very very white guy, but I have gone to compton, watts, L.A, etc at all hours of the night. As long as you keep to yourself, you will be fine.
Why do some whites refer to the level of their whiteness as if that makes
them more a target of crime? "I'm white white white white, white as marshmellows" lol.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:52 PM

179 posts, read 921,379 times
you say hispanics as if hispanics aren't white or black or american indian or ASIAN!

Old 06-28-2007, 01:27 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,272,422 times
Why don't the mexican gangs target the white population and try to own those neighborhoods?....not saying that is a good thing but just curious

Old 06-28-2007, 01:42 AM

179 posts, read 921,379 times
might be because they are white? or maybe they are black.... dun dun dun... stop being racist peoples... mexicans and hispanics are just a blanket term. they are white, nazi, balck, asian, etc. It just ain't that simple.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:11 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,272,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstrak_tokatl View Post
might be because they are white? or maybe they are black.... dun dun dun... stop being racist peoples... mexicans and hispanics are just a blanket term. they are white, nazi, balck, asian, etc. It just ain't that simple.
wasn't being racist...racist is if i thought someone of another race should use a different water fountain....white in america is usually what all blacks call people like Bill Gates or Britney Spears.....they dont call Jose Luis Castillo white

Old 06-28-2007, 09:09 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,067,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Mara-Salvatrucha is a whole different story. They will fire on anyone and they have a long standing war with 18 Street. Any SalvaTrucha Neighborhood is very dangerous.

Unfortunately racial tensions are very high in Los Angeles with a war going on between all Hispanic Gangs and Black Gangs. At one point it was reported in the news that a green light was given out on any black males regardless if gang affiliation was known.
Hey, there's a neighborhood sorta around my area in Houston that had "MS-13" sprayed on some crummy building.

I'm not sure if that was sprayed on by some dumb kids or if real street punks and inner city thugs created that.

I have a bit of curiosity to get a photo of that graffiti, but, for some reason, I have some fear inside me that prevents me from looking to get a photo of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles