Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 03:40 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times

Advertisements

Oops, can you not see the deleted message? Sometimes I get confused as to my screen and your screen! Lacassine waterboy posted earlier but it had to be deleted because...it had to be deleted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 09:39 PM

768 posts, read 4,387,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Oops, can you not see the deleted message? Sometimes I get confused as to my screen and your screen! Lacassine waterboy posted earlier but it had to be deleted because...it had to be deleted!
Nope, no deleted message on my screen. But it's all good, I understand! Thanks for being so on top of things.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:29 PM

2 posts, read 13,479 times
Default Lacassine

I dont know too much about the project in Rayne, from what I understand from the developer is that it will be a Movie theme'd type park ex. "Disney type", so no, it will not be the same type project. When the Rayne theme park opens, Rayne will explode, the tax and spin off economics will do everything for that little town. As the news stated on the size, its enormous, we'll be guest and are excited to not have to drive to Orlando to get that entertainment value

Lacassine is closer to Lake Charles

I designed it, and I know it will do for Lacassine and Jeff Davis Parish, what the theme park will do for Rayne, only a smaller scale.

I dont know what all I can say, I dont want to get out of lines with web site rules and dont want to advertise, I dont own it so, dont know what all I can say, I will ask the web host if I can post the type of slides and water features or maybe even post the new web site for park and everyone can see "the plan"............its been a blast!!!!

Old 02-16-2008, 09:43 PM

768 posts, read 4,387,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacassine waterboy View Post
I dont know too much about the project in Rayne, from what I understand from the developer is that it will be a Movie theme'd type park ex. "Disney type", so no, it will not be the same type project. When the Rayne theme park opens, Rayne will explode, the tax and spin off economics will do everything for that little town. As the news stated on the size, its enormous, we'll be guest and are excited to not have to drive to Orlando to get that entertainment value

Lacassine is closer to Lake Charles

I designed it, and I know it will do for Lacassine and Jeff Davis Parish, what the theme park will do for Rayne, only a smaller scale.

I dont know what all I can say, I dont want to get out of lines with web site rules and dont want to advertise, I dont own it so, dont know what all I can say, I will ask the web host if I can post the type of slides and water features or maybe even post the new web site for park and everyone can see "the plan"............its been a blast!!!!
Come on now... do you actually believe the Rayne project will be larger than what Six Flags has in Arlington, Texas? I highly doubt it. This is Louisiana... I'll have to see it to believe it.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:07 PM

6 posts, read 24,390 times
Default parks

A few years ago a woman tried to open a park north of Opelousas on I-49. I think it was going to be called Dixie Land. It ended up being a con along with her recording and picture studio and she went to jail.
They converted the park in New Orleans to a Six Flags and it didn't do well even before Katrina. Astroworld/Six Flags closed with millions of people in the area. There is Blue Bayou Water Park in Baton Rouge that has a nice water section plus a few rides. Not saying they won't get it. Maybe the company did buy it for future use. But considering La track record for such things it does not look like it would be a smart thing to do. If they were going to build somethign like that I-12 on the other side of Baton Rouge would be wiser. More population, more of a tourist destination, could draw families from the Ms coast. Would gain the Bass Pro/and Cabelas traffic.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:15 PM

1 posts, read 7,037 times
The outdoor waterpark will be about 16 acres, with 2-3 of acres of indoor. It will be in Rayne, and Schlitterbahn and Disney have nothing do with it. Mark my word

Old 02-29-2008, 10:00 AM

794 posts, read 3,358,422 times
Default Not holding my breath but always hopeful.

Wow, if neither Schiltterbahn or Disney (what about Six Flags Warner Bros?) have anything to do with it, then how can anybody expect it to become a big draw? I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see driving out to Rayne just for another Blue Bayou style water park. I don't believe the market is there, but then again I'm not an economist either. Louisiana could use something big to stimulate the economy, but Louisiana doesn't need another failed joke project that gets people's hopes up just so it can dry up and blow away with the wind again.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 6,309 times
Default new park in rayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafayette1 View Post
Just heard on the news this evening that Texas based Schlitterbahn Waterpark is in negotiations to build a park in Lafayette! Anyone know details on this??
Does anyone know when this new park will be built

Old 08-06-2008, 11:22 AM
PBT

1 posts, read 6,289 times
We want have to go to far now. few miles to rayne

Old 03-23-2009, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 5,681 times
Wink I found this info in Wikipedia

WaterPark Experts, Inc., a company based in Texas, has recently released plans to build a state-of-the-art waterpark and family entertainment complex in the area that would be called Frogland USA. The park would include numerous water slides and family raft rides as well as an amphitheatre for concerts and events by world renowned artists. According to an article released by a local newspaper, the complex would be operated year-round and could provide up to 300 jobs as well as a $300,000 tax revenue increase for the city. During its first year it is expected to attract half a million tourists but that number could exceed 1.5 million.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana