Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2009, 03:56 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
When all else fails, play dead. The Possum Lodge Motto......................... The Red Green Show
You amaze me.

nunc est bibendum

Old 06-01-2009, 03:57 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,168,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Whereas older folks who were raised before PCs and cellphones tend to write complete sentences with fewer abbreviations, and slightly better grammar.

Both of our sons write like they only have access to a third of the keyboard, and nothing is ever spelled correctly.
Yes, if I see the word "lose" spelled like "loose" on a message board one more time, I believe I'll scream.

I fielded applications for a retail store a couple of years ago. The spelling wasn't pretty. It makes me feel even more like an old curmudgeon.

Last week I had to correct a young person regarding the spelling of a medical record program. It's called "Clinical Suite." It was spelled on a training paper as "Clinical Sweet." I tried to be as diplomatic as possible, but I recall turning purple while attempting to do so....

Old 06-01-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
When all else fails, play dead. The Possum Lodge Motto......................... The Red Green Show

One of our favorite shows! I think it must be the duct tape that he's so fond of that's the attraction for me...

Old 06-01-2009, 04:30 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,062,199 times
What channel is the Red Green show on? Can I get it in Indiana?

Old 06-01-2009, 05:33 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
I don't drink

Qui transtulit sustinet ................. hope your garden is doing well.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
What channel is the Red Green show on? Can I get it in Indiana?

We get it on PBS in Maine. There are some clips on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP3xiLKJ9_4

Last edited by cebdark; 06-01-2009 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 06-01-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina
... hope your garden is doing well.
Yes, well our cabbages and garlic are doing fine!

B transplanted a lot of beans outside right before she went down South. They have since been destroyed by frost.

I replanted more beans indoors, she so depends on her beans for our breads, I hate to see her go a year without.

I am so amazed to see frost so late in the season.

We have many things coming up in our window sills.

I have been doing a few other things: planting fruit trees, moving sows around so they are better situated for giving birth [the first sow should be due around the first of June], prepping bee hives, got more bees and put them into hives, ...

The herbs you gave me are doing fine, thank you so much.

I so want to move everything outside but with each frost warning I am hesitant.

Did I mention that our German Shepherd had puppies a couple days ago?

Old 06-01-2009, 06:40 PM

Did I mention that our German Shepherd had puppies a couple days ago?

Do tell! You do know I may shortly be looking for a puppy? The DH loves G.S.'s
How many males/females,....... what breed is the father? (trying to guess how big they may grow up to be).
AND,................. can I have one?

Old 06-01-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina
Do tell! You do know I may shortly be looking for a puppy? The DH loves G.S.'s
How many males/females,....... what breed is the father? (trying to guess how big they may grow up to be).
AND,................. can I have one?
The mother is GS mix. She is grey, brown, black. Fairly large. Very very gentle, mellow in fact.

Dad has found another home. He was a Boxer / Ridgeback mix. The size and face of a ridgeback, and black/red brindling stripes of a boxer. Very energetic, bouncing [which is bad in a 60 pound dog], hyper, and wanted to play with everything. He killed a few of our chickens trying to play with them. I caught him a few times tossing kittens in the air and catching them. Our adult cats scratched his face nearly daily, but his playfulness was so strong that it never seemed to dawn on him that they were not playing.

I am of the mindset that I try to leave baby animals alone as much as possible so long as the mother appears to be tending her babies. I see 6 puppies, 2 all white, 1 golden, 3 brown w/striping.

One of the white ones is female and seems to have been rejected from the pack. I found her away from her mother and cold. Her mother pushed her away when I placed her back into the pack. So I have her wrapped in a blanket, maybe she will warm up. She has been refusing milk from a bottle.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:12 PM

Aww, I hope the little thing does okay. We do want a "big dog" sometime this summer/fall. We're good "parents". Our dogs always get regular vet care, are fed well and are doted on. We will have plenty of room for an energetic dog to run and play. If and when you decide to find them homes, please let me know if you have one we can take one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine