Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 09:04 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,950,928 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately New Hampshire's political climate has changed with the last couple of elections, which is mainly due to former Massachusetts residents moving here to enjoy "the NH way of life"... you know, the lower home prices, less crime & grime. Several of them I've helped to find their new homes in New Hampshire, and I consider it part of my job to inform and educate as to WHY NH seems to have a better way of life, and how important it is to be informed, and not just vote down the party line. To listen to the issues, look at the budget, etc. To not turn New Hampshire into Massachusetts.

Massachusetts is great--I used to live there myself. I didn't move up here to live the same life I had in MA, I was looking for something different.

Our present tax-and-spend, Mr. Photo-Op Democrat gov'nah and the rest of the crew have been gotten our state into this mess. 200 MILLION DOLLARS--and still they want to add more programs, and increase spending. State republicans have been warning them for months, to no avail. Oh, did I mention that Gov'nah Lynch is a former Massachusetts resident who transplanted himself to New Hampshire....

New Hampshire residents don't *hate* Massachusetts residents, they just hate the changes that seem to be occuring, the attitudes that *some* Massachusetts residents carry over when they visit or move to this state, and most of all the idea that there is something wrong w/ NH that they need to "fix".

UnionLeader.com - New Hampshire news, business and sports - Calling the shortfall: Conservatives did last year - Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewNewEnglander View Post
Healthier in terms of what?
Your FY2009 budget shortfall is predicted to be 200 million, or 6.4% of general funds. While Massachusetts has a 1.2 billion, or 4.2% of general funds. (29 States Faced Total Budget Shortfall of at Least $48 Billion in 2009)

Last edited by Valerie C; 08-15-2008 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: wanted to add the link...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 10:30 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,280,673 times
What's "wrong" with New Hampshire is that they don't have a sales tax and so are destroying their land base by selling off enormous acreage for high-end development. If rich folks, with snooty ways, are moving into NH, the only people to blame for that are the people of New Hampshire. Institute a sales tax and state income tax (if you don't already have one) and save your way of life--including the beauty of the land. Selling it off to the highest bidder, acre by acre, is what's destroying your way of life, not people from Massachusetts.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:08 AM

9 posts, read 22,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
aw jeez you didn't seriously just say New York is part of New England??

I am cringing
I... did. Doh!

Old 03-18-2009, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,676 times
dear DaveV: some exageration, perhaps, but not a COMPLETE pile; many points are valid.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:28 PM

11 posts, read 33,633 times
Name ONE!

Old 07-16-2009, 06:59 AM

138 posts, read 339,870 times
Just take route 1 if you hate the I-95 tolls so much in New Hampshire.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:50 AM

79 posts, read 234,399 times
"Live free or die" New Hampshire is being overrun with "Nanny state" liberal MA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts