Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 01:00 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,403,449 times

Advertisements

Does this include videos that promotes extreme sports?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 01:09 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,710,768 times
Good for YouTube. Hate speech is not protected speech. You can't go around threatening people. I suppose if you want complete lawlessness and chaos and hell on every inch of earth you can support such crap.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:11 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,710,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Do you have options as to the amount of industrial pollution you breathe? To the amount of radiation from old nuke tests, releases, accidents, etc.?

That's amazing.

The thing is, we have different definitions here. You may (unknowingly) support Corporate pollution that causes diseases for millions....who don't check the box "I want more pollution but my stuff has to cost 5% less"...........

Davy Crocketts all. But even TN told old Davy to take off...and so he did, to Kill Mexicans in Texas. Killed at the Alamo.

But, hey, he got you Texas so you can claim it's all optional....

Old 06-14-2019, 03:34 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Im not being disingenuous, I am saying youtube is playing light with its own rules, but it did demonitize him for using the phrase F&%gs, so I guess that was there cop out. Maybe they view the Q word is as usable when its a purposeful slur, because it is ok other times, IDK.

Maza himself provided that evidence.

As for am I outraged, sure, I actually said both should be punished. I have never defended Maza for his actions, but you are defending crowder for his.

Even if you dont think Crowder should be banned or at least demonetized. You dont have to defend his action or pretend he was using ***** in a nice way.

The really sad part about this is that he has a video on his channel where he talks about his own personal evolution when it comes to LGBT people, and coming to the conclusion that it isnt a choice and that conservatives need to get over it.
I haven't defended Crowder, merely pointed out you were wrong when you made the claim about what YT have said and what their TOS means. It is a very common error and worth correcting.

As to alleged doxing, Maza has provided no evidence that Crowder doxed him.

Old 06-14-2019, 05:45 AM

5,112 posts, read 2,054,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The Sierra Club is a fake environmentalist entity. It was bought out by David Gelbaum years ago, under the condition that they completely abandon their mission. Now, it's just a scam to take money from actual concerned people and give it to the other side.
And just like the SPLC, they've been plagued by greed and corruption. To talk in Star Wars metaphors, they succombed to the "dark side of the force".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Good for YouTube. Hate speech is not protected speech. You can't go around threatening people. I suppose if you want complete lawlessness and chaos and hell on every inch of earth you can support such crap.
It's already chaos and hell even with some laws thanks to some bureaucrats who 1) sleep on the job or 2) aren't competent or 3) easy to threaten and/or to bribe.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:37 AM

4,903 posts, read 3,363,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Black Pigeon Speaks has had his account permanently banned for thoughtcrime. But I notice that Ice-T's Cop Killa video is still up............
Looks like they just restored it yesterday.

What a complete ****e show

Old 06-14-2019, 12:17 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
And that's the type of "deal" we should be making with Mexico...easy peasy.

Just a few years back (and maybe even now) I saw (from the air) those vast fields of cane burning in FLORIDA....so it's not like Mexico is in the Stone Age there.

Yep, they are still doing it - and, of course, the Government there is close to 100% GOP

https://www.sierraclub.org/florida/s...-field-burning
That's why CA banned straws but hasn't put pressure on Mexico on environmental issues, because it's was easy peasy. And you can still buy R12 and harmful VOC chemicals there as well. Easy peasy. Lol.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:29 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
What ruined social media are the following echo chambers which I call the sinister 6. On the right, alt right white nationalist and mgtow. On the left conscious woke pro blacks, radical feminist and the social justice activist/warrior. All of these groups made social media toxic and narratives very devisive which forced many to side with the left, and now some corporations that virtue signaled in the name of pro black, in the name of feminism and women's rights, in the name of social justice are also dumping radical left ideologues too. Problem with the left is that they wanted the right to be silenced without realizing that they will be silenced too.

YouTube should just go back to cat videos.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:55 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
You don't have to "threaten people" to be demonotized or banned on YouTube. Just engaging in wrongthink is enough.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:45 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,079,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I understand your retort but it's still censorship! Now you are allowing all content control to be dictated by advertisers and this is a potential abuse of power. You give them an inch and they'll take a yard I can guarantee it.

YouTube was created to allow individuals a platform to speak their own minds. It's the backbone of the channel.

My god there is enough division on in this country as it is. Now you are basically allowing advertisers carte blanch on what or what isn't shown on You Tube? America is trigger happy enough as it is and soon they'll be removing anything remotely edgy. Where do you draw the line? Should certain ultra radical groups like the Nazi's, skin heads, KKK be censored? Sure all day long. But it's only a matter of time before good content is erased because god knows it offends SOMEBODY.

This censorship crap is not a good idea because it will spin out of control....

If you are watching a vid and it offends you? Turn it off. It's really that easy.
Advertisers have no control over which channel they advertise on. YouTube ads show on all large-ish channels which have lead to funny moments of ads that are ideologically opposed to what the video promotes.

YouTube itself doesn't care to much about appeasing their advertisers at least money wise the impact isn't that big. Youtubers make a very high amount to often all their money for ads. They might do nothing related to extreme politics but if YouTube has people who actively support Nazism on their platform, advertisers don't want their ads potentially showing up in front of content like that and will pull their ads of the platform. YouTube care but like I said don't care so much but the nonpolitical YouTubers taking a 40% paycut because the advertisers are dipping out, do care.

Now YouTubers themselves haven't made to much of noise, because the ad-pocalypse wasn't just political videos and was a combination of several YouTube Scandals involving many of their biggest creators. But if YouTube doesn't act now they will only lead to much more division on the platform, when Stefan Molyneux or another political operator says something like "Jews Rule The World" and a Taco Bell ad pops up beforehand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media