Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2019, 10:46 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,108,723 times

Advertisements

Well, Cheddar Man ( from Somerset, England) has dark brown skin, good teeth lol, and blue eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 12:22 PM

1,553 posts, read 2,450,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Irish like to drink. Mexicans like to drink.
Irish like to fight. Mexicans like to fight.
Irish are experts in cursing. Mexicans are experts in cursing.

Irish make more colorful use of the English language than British do. Mexicans make more colorful use of the Spanish language than Spaniards do.
Believe it or not, the Irish and Mexicans did fight against the British in one war, I forget which one. I believe from what I read they realized that they have many similarities, including the Catholic religion.

Some have even intermarried.

I don't know if your post was used more as a witty statement, but you did remind me of that just now.

Old 05-09-2019, 02:44 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,037,971 times
Quote:
Anglo people? Darned white from what I've seen. White as cream cheese, like Weird al says.
I'm 'Anglo' and I am not 'darned white' - I think you must be simply going by (quite frankly ridiculous) stereotypes there no?

Old 05-09-2019, 11:53 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,969,317 times
Quote:
Mexico is comprised of primarily two ethnic races: those descended from Spaniards (white) and those descended from native Americans and a lot of Mexicans are a mixture. Physically speaking, feature-wise many of them fall into the latter category, where even if they might not consider themselves "indigenous", they have a lot of indigenous blood. On the other hand, my dad doesn't look indigenous but even so has about 25% native american blood.
I'm told it averages 10% Spanish blood from a paid professional. That makes sense. Mexico has a lot more people than migrated from Spain.

Pretty soon we may lose our legal right to differentiate male from female. I'm trying to move to Mexico for several reasons. Insane "political correctness" being one. I also like the culture and freedom and cost of living.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:37 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,785,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Believe it or not, the Irish and Mexicans did fight against the British in one war, I forget which one. I believe from what I read they realized that they have many similarities, including the Catholic religion.
I don't know if your post was used more as a witty statement, but you did remind me of that just now.
My post was meant both as kinda witty but also factual. I do feel there are many similarities between Irish culture and Mexican culture.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:46 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,012,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I’ve met a number of people of Mexican descent, but no one who could be mistaken as being of Northern European ancestry. Those people may be the ones among Mexico’s elite. They tend not to migrate to the US to work in agriculture, food processing, restaurants, or as construction workers, which are the jobs where most Americans outside of the border states encounter Mexican immigrants. When you ask an American what the typical Mexican looks like, someone like Guillermo del Toro doesn’t come to mind.
Anyone remember Ricardo Montalban? He was fairly swarthy, but his parents were immigrants from Spain.
There is a small percentage that do look northwestern european. They do not move from Mexico, except perhaps to Stone Oak in San Antonio or other rich areas like that full of rich Mexicans.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The look is not important, it is how they are treated politically. If any Latin heritage can be identified then they are politically not white. Once called the single drop rule to used enforce discrimination, now to lay claim to benefits to counter the past discrimination of ancestors.
The one drop rule only applied to black people though. It never applied to Indians in America. There wouldn't have been a one drop rule if it did. The south is where most of the Anglo-Indian mixes live. (and the west)

Old 05-11-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
You do realize the thread is about Mexico and some of this people posting live in Mexico and have no plans on coming to the USA. I bet you didn't know only poor Mexican people are coming to the USA the middle class and rich have no interest. Your post sounds real dumb.
That is not true anymore, maybe 5-10 years ago it was.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I doubt this. British skin is *very* white, it doesn't react well to sun, while Mediterranean skin is somewhat better at handling it.
Some Southern English people do not have the white skin you refer to. I know what you mean though. The skin that doesn't tan, it only turns different shades of red. It is very common among the British/especially Irish. It is ginger genes. Nordic people actually tan, well, usually.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Anglo people? Darned white from what I've seen. White as cream cheese, like Weird al says.
You have to say Anglo now. Don't you know anybody can be British?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico