Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:07 PM

35 posts, read 89,148 times

Advertisements

LMAO WOW! Im actually really offended by the comments people on here are saying about my city! Yes there are some rude people, but there are plenty of nice ones to go along! Yes there are bad parts(and im not trying to degrade those areas because im not like these rich snobs and know how hard it is for you guys) but there are plenty of good ones too! I went through liberty city at 3AM before and it wasnt really scary, on martin luther king and duglas road(not that im suggesting that you do it) and i ride bike and walk a lot of places like hialeah, liberty city itself and allapattah and im still living! Lol you guys are scarring yourselves to death and others as well! And some of the areas people mentined (hialeah, some parts of miami gardens, carol city and others) really arent that bad!!!

And a good neighborhood to live in is Miami Springs, which is basically small-town and right outside the big city and close to highways and entertainment! Its really great there somebody should go there and check it out! So yeah thats some of what i have to say, anyone who wants to give me a piece of their mind feel free to get at me!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:14 PM

16 posts, read 80,825 times
I went there on vacation- will never go again- or any where else in Florida. People are not friendly and there is alot of crime. And weather terrible- rains OFTEN and brutally humid! If you want warm and sunny go west to smaller resort towns, or smaller cities.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:03 PM

69 posts, read 259,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerat66 View Post
I went there on vacation- will never go again- or any where else in Florida. People are not friendly and there is alot of crime. And weather terrible- rains OFTEN and brutally humid! If you want warm and sunny go west to smaller resort towns, or smaller cities.
Where in Miami did you go when you experienced all these rude people?

Old 01-09-2009, 08:03 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,294,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blank check View Post
Where in Miami did you go when you experienced all these rude people?
I'll answer this on his behalf - everywhere in "da 305"

Old 01-09-2009, 09:08 PM

670 posts, read 1,743,784 times
Default Is Miami really as dangerous and nasty as everyone says?

Absolutely!
Expected casualty rate is almost 40%
And, those are the lucky ones.
For those unfortunates that survive, a life of degradation, self pity and desperation awaits.
Truly hopeless.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:12 PM

640 posts, read 1,823,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo View Post
Absolutely!
Expected casualty rate is almost 40%
And, those are the lucky ones.
For those unfortunates that survive, a life of degradation, self pity and desperation awaits.
Truly hopeless.
I think I saw that movie. Mad Max?

Old 01-12-2009, 06:57 PM

24 posts, read 77,415 times
Smile It's a big city - hello!

Miami is a big city. Like many other big cities (and I have been to many), there are high crime areas and low crime areas. I have lived in Miami a couple of times. Every time I leave, I begin trying to find a way to return. In fact, I am now looking to return to Miami, but need a job first

Here is what I remember:

Coral Gables - nice neighborhood
Miami Lakes (used to be nice, but last time I was there, Carol City started spilling into Miami Lakes (the north area by the Country Club west of 67th Avenue) and I found it dirtier than it used to be.
Star Island (well, I've never been inside, but hear it is nice if you can afford it).
Doral: Too expensive in my opinion as it is a fairly commercial area. Neverthless, I have considered it due to schools.
Hialeah - certain parts are pretty bad and others are real bad.
Millionaire's row (self explanatory)

As you can see, there are areas for all "tastes" and budgets here.

Let's see . . . in our nation's capital, there are pretty bad neighborhoods as well - say, the SE corner of the city, Anacostia.

In the suburbs: parts of Alexandria, pars of Falls Church, parts of Silver Spring, MD

Of course, there is also Great Falls with it's multi-million dollar mansions.

New York? Nice areas like Manhattan, ghetto areas like Union City, Jersey City and others.

See? There are good neighborhoods and bad neighborhoods in all large cities. I don't often generalize (use "all"), but this is the exception to the rule. I have yet to have visited any city in the world where there aren't some shady neighborhoods. Heck, there are some even in Boca Raton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshywoshy305 View Post
LMAO WOW! Im actually really offended by the comments people on here are saying about my city! Yes there are some rude people, but there are plenty of nice ones to go along! Yes there are bad parts(and im not trying to degrade those areas because im not like these rich snobs and know how hard it is for you guys) but there are plenty of good ones too! I went through liberty city at 3AM before and it wasnt really scary, on martin luther king and duglas road(not that im suggesting that you do it) and i ride bike and walk a lot of places like hialeah, liberty city itself and allapattah and im still living! Lol you guys are scarring yourselves to death and others as well! And some of the areas people mentined (hialeah, some parts of miami gardens, carol city and others) really arent that bad!!!

And a good neighborhood to live in is Miami Springs, which is basically small-town and right outside the big city and close to highways and entertainment! Its really great there somebody should go there and check it out! So yeah thats some of what i have to say, anyone who wants to give me a piece of their mind feel free to get at me!

Old 01-12-2009, 10:50 PM

259 posts, read 840,865 times
I'm sorry, but it's just not comforting to see burgler bars in the drive-through window at McDonalds.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:42 AM

640 posts, read 1,823,754 times
I remember in the old days (70's), when Cubans moved into a neighborhood, they would often put bars on the windows of their house.

There have been a lot of problems with house fires, and people being trapped, because there was no way to drop the window bars. I'm not sure if the risk of burglary outweighs the risk of death in a fire. I guess it depends on your neighborhood, if you find crime statistics meaningful.

That raises another issue: a huge amount of the work that people do on their houses is done without building permits, and so is certainly not inspected.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:13 PM

35 posts, read 89,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki9947 View Post
I'm sorry, but it's just not comforting to see burgler bars in the drive-through window at McDonalds.
Whats that supposed to mean? Are you making fun of my mom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami