Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 10:34 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times

Advertisements

Wow those neighborhoods look terrible! I wouldn't pay more than $50,000 for most of those properties.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:57 AM

100 posts, read 364,642 times
After taking a second look at those pictures I took, I'd like to draw attention to a few elements I now notice in Picture #3:

- Sofas on the porches

- Bits of smashed plastic chairs on the concrete lawn (plus, an intact chair in the tree)

- And, a Mercedes parked out front

What you can't appreciate in the picture is all the roosters crowing in the neighborhood during the early morning hours. I actually to hear them...it adds a bizarre, discordant pastoral feel to the place. But, I'd imagine that those who falsely envision most of Miami as being some sort of ritzy, idyllic Shangri La might not share my sentiments.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:30 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times
I wouldn't say the properties looked all that bad,but what is bad that I've noticed is the way people park their vehicles on the lawns, that looks tacky. Picture #4 what is up with all the power and telephone poles on that one street alone

Old 02-11-2008, 07:58 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Thank you for showing some pics of the "real" Miami north of the river. Yet some elements of that can be found throughout the county. Hialeah and Westchester often have the same dead yards with cars parked on them. Even where my parents live most neighbors park their car on the grass. In fact in one home the idiots park on the grass while the driveway is often empty! The ugly power poles are everywhere, I hate them more than anything!

Old 02-14-2008, 05:23 AM

34 posts, read 105,468 times
Unhappy bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_47_00 View Post
Are the bars really needed on the houses?

Around here I've only seen them on buisnesses, never a house.
they are becoming illegal now people are burning to death because of bars in house fires

Old 02-18-2008, 02:47 AM

275 posts, read 1,471,617 times
I took these photos in March, 2007. Calle Ocho photos start around SW 22nd Ave and go over to SW 13th Ave. Then I walked around the residential Shenandoah neighborhood just south of Calle Ocho.

I thought I had created a thread for these before, but I guess not. At any rate here are some photos (I think I did provide a link or something for some of these photos last year, so some of you may have already seen them).

YouTube - Possession

Shenandoah residential area just south of Calle Ocho

Old 02-23-2008, 08:05 PM

9 posts, read 51,482 times
Default Going to Miami

Hey there: I am new to the Atlanta area from Miami. Lived there 23years. The 62nd street area is definately not the glamorous side of Miami, especially if you are west of N.W. 7th Avenue. You will defiantely see lower income housing and increased crime and violence in and around that side of town. The further east you go heading towards the beach, property values tend to pick up. Some of the pictures that were provided to you were dead on with the execption of the hurricane damaged properties and the $500 thousand-million dollar home photos on the water. Those are both opposite extremes, however, all the other pics are pretty acurate. Cool thing about where you will be staying is that you are very close to downtown and the famous South Beach, so you are can defiantely get your party on. Good luck to ya.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:37 AM

201 posts, read 1,282,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
If it's really that bad then I doubt you can afford internet service and a computer.
Your not in touch with reality buddy. Drug dealers live in the hood, an some of them make thousands of dollars a day, every day an they are doing it right now.

Stealing internet isn't that hard an neither is stealing a PC. If you make money in some sort of illigal way in your run down neighborhood than whose to say you can't afford it?
Or he could be at a computer lab?
Possibly his family is poor but they saved up an bought a nice PC an still live in the hood (my situation).

Not everyone on here is a suburbanite. You can't stereotype pieces of text on the internet.

Alot of you guys on here are sheltered.
I know people in the suburbs without internet too, LOTS of them.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:07 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,249,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPete2Charlotte View Post
Your not in touch with reality buddy. Drug dealers live in the hood, an some of them make thousands of dollars a day, every day an they are doing it right now.

Stealing internet isn't that hard an neither is stealing a PC. If you make money in some sort of illigal way in your run down neighborhood than whose to say you can't afford it?
Or he could be at a computer lab?
Possibly his family is poor but they saved up an bought a nice PC an still live in the hood (my situation).

Not everyone on here is a suburbanite. You can't stereotype pieces of text on the internet.

Alot of you guys on here are sheltered.
I know people in the suburbs without internet too, LOTS of them.
Ok buddy, maybe if you would have bothered to read my next response you would have known why I wrote that. And why would you bump this old thread just to say that?

Also, it seems like YOU'RE the sheltered one. I get the image that you live in a gated community, watch Boyz N Da Hood and think you know about "da ghetto". Not everyone who lives in lower income areas is a drug dealer. Why would you stereotype people like this? Are you saying the person I quoted is a "gangsta" simply because he's an immigrant? That kind of racism is not welcome on this forum.

Last edited by PBCboy; 03-31-2008 at 01:40 PM..

Old 03-31-2008, 02:10 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times
The real Miami...dancing on tables at OPA in Hollywood.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami