Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 12:45 AM

4 posts, read 28,331 times

Advertisements

Moving from Vicenza, south to Naples. Looking for 3 bedroom house, within 20 minutes of the Support Site. Prefer smaller town atmosphere. Any leads for realtors? Grazie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 06:43 AM

37,442 posts, read 61,352,754 times
The base housing office has a list of realtors.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:23 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,085 times
Be careful acquiring off base housing in the Naples area...high crime area..if you take a trip..some of your things might not be there when u return. 3 years Naples.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:09 AM

4 posts, read 28,331 times
Is Britta still in Naples and available to help find a house? How can she be contacted? We need to find a home by the end of May, within 20-30 minutes of Gricignano. Any suggestions on preferred areas? grazie....

Old 05-18-2010, 04:42 AM

1 posts, read 9,639 times
I too will be moving to Naples soon. I s there any way you could send me the contact information for Britta as well she sounds like some one I would like to deal with and that specializes in the areas I want to live in in Naples.

Thank you

Old 05-22-2010, 01:16 AM

188 posts, read 938,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolagranola View Post
We lived in Naples in the mid 90's, LOVED IT.

We lived on the economy for a year, and then 2 in off-base housing. Both were nice.

I had my 2nd child there at the Naval Hosp and it was fine, no better or worse than my first in Fla.

We did get robbed, our house and car were broken into in seperate occasions. By the time we left, I'd guess every single American I knew had been robbed in some way or another. Totally worth it though.

Great food, beautiful scenery, history!, fascinating arcitechure, bazaars, gypsies... we'd love to go back.
This is a very good answer!
We lived in the area for 15 years and loved every min of it, would go back in a second if there was work available. Try to make a lot of friends with the local italian families, don't get in the I'm american mode that I'm only here for "X" number of years and don't go to the "American only" events, share your own american experiences with them and you should be fine. Oh, and enjoy the real italian food and make sure you go to the very first world pizza place in Napoli where it was invented.
There's the same type of crime happening more often in cities in the U.S. and no matter where you live it's all up to what you make of it.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:22 PM

2 posts, read 10,860 times
Ciao Celeste. My wife and I are from Sicily now residing in SA. Look forward to exchanging messages with you! Victor & Piera

Old 08-29-2010, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 7,786 times
As a person who lives off base and had my house broken into last night I say, STOP! Don't move here if you can help it! They look for Americans and prey off of them. If you do have to move here, move to the base. One poster said we have everything any base has, oh how I wish that were true!! We have nothing you ever need. I have been here for over 2 years. Constantly have to order things online and wait for them to be shipped. If you have an American car, forget ever needing parts. If you get in a wreck with an Italian (you will) plan on one year to get your car fixed. Lastly, if you live on a modest income, you can't afford to travel anyhow! Am I speaking out of anger, yes, but in all honesty I do NOT recommend a PCS move here.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:04 AM

1 posts, read 7,731 times
Default Recommendations for Naples, Italy

Hi, My husband (active duty Navy) and I have just moved to Naples and are seeking recommendations for realtors. We've been advised by friends to go out with several different realtors since housing is based on who you know rather than a master list everyone uses. We're looking for someone who specializes in Pozzuoli and surrounds.

Please let me know if you had a great experience and send me a message with the contact info. If anyone has the contact info for the realtor mentioned in previous posts, Britta Inning, I would greatly appreciate her contact info as well.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:51 PM

7 posts, read 18,869 times
Default Naples is great if you have the right mindset

I just got back from a Navy tour in Naples, and it was awesome! The travel alone is worth it, but Naples itself is a fascinating place (if you know where to look).

Check out www.wikinapoli.com, a site that some friends and I put together as a resource for Americans living in Naples.

Specific pages that discuss some of your questions & concerns are
www.wikinapoli.com/benvenuti (includes househunting tips like realtor agents, which someone asked about)
and
www.wikinapoli.com/benvenuti/italian-culture

Bottom line: While there is petty crime (car/apartment break-ins, pickpocketing) Naples actually has much lower violent crime than most American cities. Also, you probably don't need to worry about break-ins on base. If you are open to trying new things and spend some time to learn the language and culture, you'll have a great time!

If you're the kind of person who really likes the way things are in the U.S.-- shopping, food, living quarters, driving, etc.--then just stay in CONUS.

(Should you change your mind and live off base--which is what I did--don't fall into the trap that many Americans do and get a big, isolated house with a tall fence. What seems "safe" to Americans is just "easy to steal things from" to Italians [or gypsies--Italians tend to blame break-ins on the Roma]. Despite the fact that my apartment would have been easy to break into, it never was, largely because I knew my neighbors and they were always watching. "Safe" to Italians means someone's around, not that you live in a fortress.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues