Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 08:05 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times

Advertisements

Police shoot knife wielding woman in Robbinsdale. This could have happened anywhere, but the whole part about the teenaged girl, with the 8 m/o baby, in some alternative school (read: drop out) having a group of people coming to "jump on her", running out of the apartment chasing another woman screaming "I'm gonna kill you b*tch" with the knife. Refusing to obey police commands to stop or drop the knief, all sort explain why people are sometimes hesitant about Robbinsadle. Now they're doing Black Lives Matter protest marches out there over this. This is why people who can afford it would generally prefer to live in SLP over Robbinsdale. Robbinsdale isn't horrible, this isn't going to happen to you if you live there, but it borders North Mpls and you do get some ghetto nonsense run off.

Robbinsdale woman shot by police is charged with assault | Star Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 11:18 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,194,450 times
I hear ya but c'mon....why did the 5-0 have to shoot this woman? That's BS and you know it! She wasn't a serious threat....some of these cowboy cops have itchy trigger fingers.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:24 AM

416 posts, read 560,260 times
Lol, this forum never fails. Always comes back to the race binary.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:35 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
I hear ya but c'mon....why did the 5-0 have to shoot this woman? That's BS and you know it! She wasn't a serious threat....some of these cowboy cops have itchy trigger fingers.
She had a KNIFE which she refused to drop when told to.

Pretty simple...did not follow directions given by the police who were called BY HER MOTHER.

The best thing about Robbinsdale is Bill's Gun Range. That is a fun range. There used to be a nice little nursery in Robbinsdale - Farm and Garden Supply, but that is no longer...I used to go there several times a year. And of course, North Memorial is there...I have fond memories of delivering my babies there.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:13 AM

So basically it's an up and coming neighborhood for the younger generation who maybe lack some of the baggage of older critics. With a HyVee coming to nearby New Hope things will only accelerate

My question is would it be worth it to buy a house there for 200-250 and then remodel. Remodelling will have to be a must because so many of those houses have never been updated.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:47 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,194,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
She had a KNIFE which she refused to drop when told to.

Pretty simple...did not follow directions given by the police who were called BY HER MOTHER.

The best thing about Robbinsdale is Bill's Gun Range. That is a fun range. There used to be a nice little nursery in Robbinsdale - Farm and Garden Supply, but that is no longer...I used to go there several times a year. And of course, North Memorial is there...I have fond memories of delivering my babies there.
There is testimony that the police did not say any such thing to her prior to poppin' a cap in her. Besides, a knife is no match for a gun, especially when the perp wasn't threatening any of the cops with the knife. I agree, she should have dropped it immediately (her mom said the same thing too), but I don't agree with shooting a teenager and possibly killing her when the reason she had the knife in the first place and her mother called the cops was because she was being physically threatened by 3 people (allegedly).

This is getting out of control....I do not agree with "shoot to kill" in some situations (hell, most situations).

Old 04-18-2015, 09:28 AM

812 posts, read 2,173,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wushuliu View Post
So basically it's an up and coming neighborhood for the younger generation who maybe lack some of the baggage of older critics. With a HyVee coming to nearby New Hope things will only accelerate

My question is would it be worth it to buy a house there for 200-250 and then remodel. Remodelling will have to be a must because so many of those houses have never been updated.
Possibly but unlikely. I would have a long talk with your realtor about property values before making that decision. Smaller remodels tend to pay off, the larger ones could price you out of your neighborhood. I have no idea how many homes have been remodeled but I do know people who have done remodeling work on their homes so it's possible to find an updated home.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:23 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,465,707 times
Quote:

My cousin just moved out of Robbisndale. The schools aren't going to improve enough to raise your kids there, and you won't make any money on the house if you remodel. Remodeling is super expensive here, it is better to just buy a $300K house in Shoreview rather than a $200K house in Robbinsdale and put $100K into it.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
My cousin just moved out of Robbisndale. The schools aren't going to improve enough to raise your kids there, and you won't make any money on the house if you remodel. Remodeling is super expensive here, it is better to just buy a $300K house in Shoreview rather than a $200K house in Robbinsdale and put $100K into it.
Don't have kids so that's not an issue. Shoreview? Gah. That's too far. But I see your point.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:55 PM

6,560 posts, read 7,139,634 times
Quote:
Don't have kids so that's not an issue. Shoreview? Gah. That's too far. But I see your point.
A large demographic of buyers will have kids and selling to families in bad school districts can't be easy or profitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul