Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 12:18 AM

6,556 posts, read 7,139,634 times

Advertisements

Concussions are playing a role in Mauer, plus he seems to want to be around his kids. Griffen with Vikes, I’ll bet all the money in world it’s all concussion related. I was told of two first hand things he did out in public, not really normal things, but this wasn’t the hotel incident. My very good friend who played at Umd jumped off a parking ramp at O’Hare last winter, it was at CTE related. Had a giant panic attack, rushed to airport, bought a ticket back. Then went outside texted his parents and brother that he loves them, then jumped 60 ft. He never once drank alcohol, was in bible study 3 times a week, was honestly thee nicest guy I’ve ever met. Not one of his professional hockey teams ever reported all his concussions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 08:09 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Yep, just knew this was coming. These 2 clowns in the FO wanted to fire him last year so they could bring in their own guy but that doggone Molly had to go and make the playoffs. Then the faux "extension" they gave him, knowing good and well they'd fire him anyway first chance they got.

Molitor did a very admirable job with the Twins, especially this year given the fact that he was handed a ton of horrible signings, Buxton and Sano forgot how to play baseball, he lost his starting catcher and his #1 starting pitcher, then had most of his decent players traded away only to be left with a bare bones roster of mostly minor league caliber players.......and he STILL won 78 games and finished in 2nd in the division, when that situation would have utterly doomed a lot of other managers to 90 or 100 loss seasons.

This two headed Falvine sabermetric analytic circus act is already on my last nerve. I was good with their signings even though they didn't pan out, but when they started up with this constant infield shift and "opener" pitching thing I got ill tempered in a quick. That all came from the FO. Then they fire Molitor so they can undoubtably bring in some other young screw with zero experience managing, because that's all the rage now and ya gotta keep up with the cool kids!

What's to look forward to in 2019 with this team?
This is a stupid firing. Molitor wasn't at fault for all the mishaps this season (namely, injuries and extreme regression from the likes of Sano and Bux). Not to mention suspension. Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I felt like the Twins suffered A LOT of injuries this season - more than most every other team.

Molitor was literally AL manager of the year two years ago and these idiots that are ex-Indians (one at least) got me thinking the Indians are literally paying them under the table to sabotage a Twins franchise that was in the Wild Card game a year ago yesterday.

This is definitely the first move (firing Molly) that has me wondering about this new FO.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:54 AM

733 posts, read 761,156 times
Totally agree with the above two posts on the Front Office guys. Of course they sounded awesome coming in, but lots of bad signings this year. It's not totally their fault Sano and Buxton dropped, but it's certainly not Molly's fault.

It's sick that they fired him. Who the F are they gonna get that's going to be any more magical? If they can't get good players, their own personal choice will fare no better, but what will it matter.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:11 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,448,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMN View Post
Totally agree with the above two posts on the Front Office guys. Of course they sounded awesome coming in, but lots of bad signings this year. It's not totally their fault Sano and Buxton dropped, but it's certainly not Molly's fault.

It's sick that they fired him. Who the F are they gonna get that's going to be any more magical? If they can't get good players, their own personal choice will fare no better, but what will it matter.
It's like Mark Rosen said the other day on KFAN - the manager doesn't mean squat for this team right now.....this current group of players is going NOWHERE. Who the heck is going to pay money to watch those guys?

Old 10-06-2018, 10:18 AM

4,863 posts, read 6,929,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Prediction. The Mediocre Twins will end the season just where they are right now. 5 - 10 games under .500. So many holes in this lineup now. They can barely compete with teams with worse records than them. Joe Mauer has to be the highest paid player in the game with consistent warning track power.

Why I catch myself watching at least every other game right now, I don't know.

"Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?"

Unfortunately, my prediction became the reality. I'm lukewarm concerning the firing of Molly. He was definitely dealt some bad hands this year. However, maybe a change will be good. The current roster does not put any fear in the eyes of the rest of the American League. We're loaded with average players and a few over-rated players I'm afraid as well.

The football team so far has been as productive as the Twins. Hope they get it in gear. I do not care what happens with the Timberwolves.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:08 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
The Twins have hired Rocco Baldelli as manager.

He is younger than me.

It's official - for the second time in my adult like I legit feel old. The first time was after the Twins hired GM Falvey, who is also younger than me.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:07 PM

6,556 posts, read 7,139,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
The Twins have hired Rocco Baldelli as manager.

He is younger than me.

It's official - for the second time in my adult like I legit feel old. The first time was after the Twins hired GM Falvey, who is also younger than me.
Me too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul