Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2012, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,477 times

Advertisements

Last week I had to pick up my young teenaged daughter from a party on Pineville Road.There was like 20 underaged kids there and most of them were drinking including mine. The people that own the house were giving them beer and drinking with them! The police department was there and giving the kids breatilyzers but they were ordered to not do anythign about it from their boss, because the homeonwner called the captain or whoever it is they got the order from! My daughter said the homeowner told them "dont worry i know people tat the police department no ones in trouble" when the cops arrived!

DISGUSTING! How are they going to feel when one of those kids die! Will political allies and friends still pull the same weight??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 07:29 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
Underaged as in?
Kids will do what they want anyway, doesn't make it ok but still.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:21 AM

22 posts, read 43,689 times
I grew up in Long Beach and with the history this city has for teenage deaths, it shouldnt be over looked by the police. Call the Chief, the parents should have charged for contributing to the delinquency of a minor

Old 03-04-2012, 12:12 PM

767 posts, read 2,291,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedLBMom View Post
Last week I had to pick up my young teenaged daughter from a party on Pineville Road.There was like 20 underaged kids there and most of them were drinking including mine. The people that own the house were giving them beer and drinking with them! The police department was there and giving the kids breatilyzers but they were ordered to not do anythign about it from their boss, because the homeonwner called the captain or whoever it is they got the order from! My daughter said the homeowner told them "dont worry i know people tat the police department no ones in trouble" when the cops arrived!

DISGUSTING! How are they going to feel when one of those kids die! Will political allies and friends still pull the same weight??
When you called the Police Chief and the Mayor and told them, what did they say?

Old 03-05-2012, 05:05 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,243,328 times
You said they were giving breathalyzers, so I'm assuming that no one drove away drunk. Would you rather have a police-supervised party like that one, or an unsupervised one with drunk driving? Personally, I'd rather have the supervised one.

Also personally, while I'm not a big drinker, I believe that if you're old enough to vote and old enough to die in the military you should be old enough to drink responsibly.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:50 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
no big deal if we're talking 19 or 20 but if they were like 12 or 13 I think they ought not be doing that, especially if they were going to be driving afterwards.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:32 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times
if they were like 12 or 13 I think they ought not be doing that, especially if they were going to be driving afterwards.

I doubt if they would be driving if they were twelve or thirteen.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-05-2012, 06:33 PM

483 posts, read 1,221,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
if they were like 12 or 13 I think they ought not be doing that, especially if they were going to be driving afterwards.

I doubt if they would be driving if they were twelve or thirteen.

I'm glad somebody said it, because I chuckled after I read that comment.
And unfortunately, some towns have the "good ole' boy" system and that's how things work. There's corruption in more cities and towns across the country than you could shake a finger at.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:07 PM

888 posts, read 1,591,640 times
Die? Exactly how much are the teens in Long Beach drinking? Where i live, underage drinking has been going on since the beginning of times, some of the kids go quite heavy on it, but it's been very rare to have anyone actually die from, for example, alcohol poisoning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi