Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:07 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times

Advertisements

I was in Mississippi Gulfport area and we had 2 tornadoes ( small ones ) while I was there. I also saw a couple water spouts those are cool!

Old 01-02-2009, 09:26 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,116,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I was in Mississippi Gulfport area and we had 2 tornadoes ( small ones ) while I was there. I also saw a couple water spouts those are cool!
As long as I am not in the direct path of one i'll be fine

Seen a couple of those waterspouts in Mallorca, pretty impressive.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:44 AM

28 posts, read 100,670 times
We swim at the beach at Bay Springs from time to time and I think everyone should travel on the Natchez Trace even though there is nothing but trees, flowers, etc. on it (or should I say BECAUSE there is nothing but trees...It is very pretty and serene).
I'm sorry you've had a difficult year. Hopefully you will have a dramatic turn-around in Mississippi. Life is simpler here than most places, but sometimes that is better.
If you like books, visit Square Books on the town square in Oxford. Eat at City Grocery for a yummy meal and great atmosphere. If you're in the mood for catfish, go just outside of Oxford to the tiny "town" of Taylor, Mississippi and eat at Taylor Grocery. It's not a grocery, but it use to be a long time ago. Don't be turned off by the ramshackle appearance...it's part of the charm. If you go on a Friday, you might have to have a reservation, not sure about that. I do know it's crowded on the weekends and only opens at night. On the weekends there is usually live music entertainment.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khakibecca View Post
We swim at the beach at Bay Springs from time to time and I think everyone should travel on the Natchez Trace even though there is nothing but trees, flowers, etc. on it (or should I say BECAUSE there is nothing but trees...It is very pretty and serene).
I'm sorry you've had a difficult year. Hopefully you will have a dramatic turn-around in Mississippi. Life is simpler here than most places, but sometimes that is better.
If you like books, visit Square Books on the town square in Oxford. Eat at City Grocery for a yummy meal and great atmosphere. If you're in the mood for catfish, go just outside of Oxford to the tiny "town" of Taylor, Mississippi and eat at Taylor Grocery. It's not a grocery, but it use to be a long time ago. Don't be turned off by the ramshackle appearance...it's part of the charm. If you go on a Friday, you might have to have a reservation, not sure about that. I do know it's crowded on the weekends and only opens at night. On the weekends there is usually live music entertainment.

Yeah its not been easy with the dramatic downturn in the economy especially the oil industry but what can you do. There is so much to explore in Mississippi and i feel i am going to have a great time. One thing is for sure i wont miss the weather here but i'll miss most things especially what im used to and my family, they've very dear to me. Especially with my mother being ill it makes it alot harder.

I hope my fiance does get a job there though, surely there are entry jobs in mechanical engineering? My father in law is a diesel mechanic.

Do you know if there are any nice lakeside housing near Tupelo? I've always wanted to live by a lake. Is $200,000 average for housing?

Old 01-02-2009, 11:27 AM

8,816 posts, read 21,282,976 times
There is such a wealth of good information that many of you have shared on this thread that I hesitate to close it down. Again, please refrain from making mean remarks to other posters. Otherwise, a valuable thread will be closed.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 01-02-2009, 01:20 PM

125 posts, read 435,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
Well, people change. I was wrong and had a bad experiance first time but im not letting that cloud my judgement anymore.

Theres a good chance i'll be moving to Missississippi now.
So, how 's it going in the Air Traffic Controller Nursing field?

Must be a lucrative field of work because those guys go thru a lot of stress....

Old 01-02-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxchus View Post
So, how 's it going in the Air Traffic Controller Nursing field?

Must be a lucrative field of work because those guys go thru a lot of stress....
I wasn't in ATC rather an aircraft dispatcher/marshaller. I am at university now studying to be a nurse. The aviation industry is stressful and dire.

ATC is alot better though but even more stressful than what i was doing, that was stressful enough

Old 01-02-2009, 03:33 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
Now now there ! We have been warned twice. A closed thread does nobody any good. Heck I might be moving to Mississippi too ! It's about 6 deg. below zero where I am with blowing snow. I go back and forth, posting to warm up, then it's back to shoveling.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:47 PM

[quote=mccarley;6803813]I see that you enjoy archery. Fishing is good in Mississippi. QUOTE]

Yes I love archery, especially bowhunting and fishing. I'm outdoorsy.

I know what you mean, we've caught a few on my thread already, funny that isn't it. It's also very sad that its a new year and some people love to spoil for an argument too eh.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 01-02-2009 at 04:04 PM..

Old 01-02-2009, 04:23 PM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,646,043 times
[quote=Scotslass;6805557]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarley View Post
I see that you enjoy archery. Fishing is good in Mississippi. QUOTE]

Yes I love archery, especially bowhunting and fishing. I'm outdoorsy.

I know what you mean, we've caught a few on my thread already, funny that isn't it. It's also very sad that its a new year and some people love to spoil for an argument too eh.

Just curious

After you stated
09-18-2007, 09:59 AM
"Anyhow, all im saying is i think its not right for people to just go around hunting, season or no season i think its wrong. Am i the only one who cares? I get alot of wildlife in my garden and i love it, i just wouldn't like people to take that away its amazing. I just get the impression that no one in MS or the south actually likes animals as theres a hell of alot of hunting going on."

09-17-2007, 08:44 AM
"I will be visiting my boyfriends parents sometime soon in MS.
Hunting is not a need, funnily we manage quite fine shopping at Walmart, i think its just an excuse for people to hunt.

09-15-2007, 03:24 PM
"Its a shame cos its nice there. Just seems like MS is the only state thats been left so far behind and no one seems to care about how they live there.
Another thing was why does everyone hunt there, it was like a broken record and really annoyed me as no one seemed to like animals or cared about them all they seemed to care about there was just "shootin'" or killin'" for fun. That is just WRONG. I just got the impression that they are all uncivilized because where im from we dont do such things. Is there anything else to do there apart from hunting or shooting?"

When did you change you mind on the morality of hunting and killing animals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi