Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2011, 10:18 AM

41 posts, read 92,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzboyd View Post
Washes I agree that there will be people quitting and let go as you mentioned but since the economy is in such a slump I think people will try to hold on to whatever job they have and Toyota is where everyone is trying to get...
mizzboyd... i agree on the economy thing but in true fairness wanting to hold on to the job and being able to do the job is a whole different ball game. Again not trying to burst any bubbles just letting everyone know the facts going in.

I hope and pray that it works for all of you that get in in the next 6-10 months but know from facts 10-20% can't make it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 12:07 PM

116 posts, read 209,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gawells View Post
Ive lived here since 2007 I live in tishomingo in the country I moved from maryland between baltimore and DC lived there for 8 years before that chicago.

Love going to Bay Springs Lake in Tishomingo!!

Old 01-22-2011, 01:32 PM

17 posts, read 34,098 times
Default Patients

Nissan in Canton,MS had 5,000 jobs open and 578,000 applicants applied. Toyota has 1,500 jobs and 23,000 applicants. So, if you have made it to the interview, drug test, and background process your in the door. Unless you have a very DARK HISTORY UNTOLD, THEY WILL FIND OUT, TRUST ME. There are people trying to pass the 1st computer test @ home and can not get pass that part. Please stop worrying and relax. People are failing their drug test left and right, and their employment history is not adding up. By the end of March everyone should have received their job offer. So keep your jobs you currently have and wait on Toyota to call you. DO NOT COUNT YOUR EGGS BEFORE THEIR ARE HATCH. Applicants with higher scores and higher education such as degrees will be call and offer a job first. Those seeking a job @ TOYOTA make sure you know your MATH and able to solve problems.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:48 PM

172 posts, read 330,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMAN View Post
Ok everyone, I need some help. I have heard nothing from Toyota since I did my Day 1 the 3rd week of November. I was thinking that it might be because of the Holidays, but have noticed that others are being scheduled for Day 2's, Interviews, etc.,
Would I have received a rejection notice if I did not pass Day 1? Or if they weren't considering me after Day 1? I tested with about 9 other people, 3 of which did not finish or finished very early.
Is there a number for HR that I could call and check my status?
I realize that hiring may take some time, but if I am not being considered I need to know that also.
I checked online and it has that "your application is being processed...up to 12 months" line.
Thanks!
msman,
relax! ur early in the game! When you took the computer based part of the process Day 1 test, It would have shut off, and then "you are not a good fit for toyota" is the standard. people left early, cuz' either a-they got shut out, or B- they were overwhelmed and walked out. You check ur status by one of three ways. wings-http://mdes.ms.gov/Home/docs/AccessPages/jsp/applicantServices.jsp#

https://updatemyapplication.com/tmmms/Appstat1.asp = Toyota
https://updatemyapplication.com/tmmms/Appstat1.asp =Select Trak

These are most of us on here are checking daily. And of course your e mail several of us were notified via e mail of the Progess, time to schedule your day 2 testing. Hope this helps. take care.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota4life View Post
Ha..I'm from Illinois and miss the snow but not the wind/cold!! Fell for ya!
Thanks! it's warming up a bit. Where from in IL? I am on the WI/IL border! well 10 miles from it anyway. I have moved before, I don't miss snow! I hate the yuky roads.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:52 PM

36 posts, read 63,560 times
I can't wait to walk in the front door on Feb. 28 I have been with the same company for 15 years but I'm giving it all up for 30 years at Toyota!

Old 01-22-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota4life View Post
It's black or white...I've heard you should either be one way or the other on these types of tests.

I have heard the same thing. yup, either you agree or you don't!

Old 01-22-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMAN View Post
Congrats! Can you please tell me what your timeline was?
Like what day you did Day 1 assessment, Day 2 at the plant, etc.,?
Those of us that are patiently (well maybe not so patiently ) waiting would appreciate the info!
Thanks in advance!
MSman,
several of us who have been on here a while, did post in our BLogs, all the date info! Maybe Del did. I started out with the online applicaton on aug. 23. and the last thing I did was day 2 testing on Jan. 4th. We shall see.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaboi20 View Post
ok now has anyone found any reliable internet source for apartments in tupelo?
Maybe you wanna check out MLUV, he is a local realtor, and very willing to help, he is trying to get in @ the big T as well. Jus a lil' info.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzboyd View Post
I hope we all get into Toyota but it seems like the process is still a long way from being finished can anyone shed any light on this...Do they actually send out letters of rejection or not?

Toyota is the place for me I hope with all my heart...
Mizzboyd,
I love ur posts! Here is my take on the letter thing. I think they only have a handful of people working on this montrous task of hiring, and the process of letting people kno that they are not making the grade, is at the bottom of the list. I was told it would be about 2-3 weeks, and you would receive via hard copy (snail mail) your out! Hang tough girl! Keep looking up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi