Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 07:54 PM

55 posts, read 93,750 times

Advertisements

You are dancing on the head of a pin.
And ignoring 99 % of the issue.
'Controlling with minutiae' to deflect from/avoid the whole.
Not actually a worthy argument.
But you are certainly entitled to argue any way you choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 06:41 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpups View Post
You are dancing on the head of a pin.
And ignoring 99 % of the issue.
'Controlling with minutiae' to deflect from/avoid the whole.
Not actually a worthy argument.
But you are certainly entitled to argue any way you choose.
You are repeating yourself with duplicate posts. (posts #151, 152 in case you'd like to go back and delete one)

No matter how many times one says it, it won't be true as long as those emotional blinders are on. Look at the issue unemotionally and you'll see that the system is full of huge holes that more regulations just will not plug.

This has to be solved with a reasoned, practical approach, not with a knee-jerk reaction.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:23 PM

55 posts, read 93,750 times
Kings Ranger
'Why don't they go for a federal regulation instead of going state by state?"

Because animals are legally considered 'property'
Property laws are as old as Tyrannosaurus Rex and just as ill-advised to mess with.
States have some leeway..something to do with that other dinosaur 'state rights'..
But forgeddabout the Fed.
The canon of 'Property' is way bigger than God.
The recent indefensible Supreme Beings decision re torture & the Internet is painful proof of this..

Last edited by gotpups; 11-15-2010 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: mistake

Old 03-11-2011, 08:59 AM

98 posts, read 120,450 times
It is untrue the ethical breeders have nothing to fear.
Do you know that dog clubs in Missouri will not hold dog shows inside the STL city limits due to it's regulations concerning dogs brought into the city. Once regulations like this become law, it becomes very easy to add additions to them that the public never hears about. There are excellent regulations on the books now, but groups with anti-animal owning agendas want more control and power over the lives of people who own animals. Over time, it will become more and more difficult to keep pets...just wait and see. Voters are misled because the farmers and breeders cannot afford to pay for ads like peta and h$u$ of america. These groups influence our own Humane Society of Missouri, too. Petakillsanimals.com

Old 03-11-2011, 09:07 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBornSouthernBelle View Post
There are no ethical breeders. There are millions of dogs and cats dying in pounds and shelters every year; all intentional breeding is criminal.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:13 AM

One reason a federal regulation wouldn't be acceptable (to me) is that we are a state, and the citizens within the state lose power over their own lives when federal regulations are in force. Everyone seems to have forgotten that we are a group of United States of America. States are supposed to rule themselves individually, without interference from the federal government. I don't think that is even taught in American history anymore. Each time a state accepts funds from the federal government, it (and it's citizens) lose the power to govern themselves because the federal government gives the money out only when certain requirements are followed. Petakillsanimals.com

Old 03-11-2011, 09:18 AM

410 posts, read 743,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
There are no ethical breeders. There are millions of dogs and cats dying in pounds and shelters every year; all intentional breeding is criminal.
Perfectly stated.

Quote:
Do you know that dog clubs in Missouri will not hold dog shows inside the STL city limits due to it's regulations concerning dogs brought into the city. Once regulations like this become law, it becomes very easy to add additions to them that the public never hears about. There are excellent regulations on the books now, but groups with anti-animal owning agendas want more control and power over the lives of people who own animals. Over time, it will become more and more difficult to keep pets...just wait and see. Voters are misled because the farmers and breeders cannot afford to pay for ads like peta and h$u$ of america. These groups influence our own Humane Society of Missouri, too. Petakillsanimals.com
The animals that would be affected positively by this bill should not suffer further because of someone's delusions that this is a gateway to controlling pet ownership. The measure was very clear on the ballot.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
One reason a federal regulation wouldn't be acceptable (to me) is that we are a state, and the citizens within the state lose power over their own lives when federal regulations are in force. Everyone seems to have forgotten that we are a group of United States of America. States are supposed to rule themselves individually, without interference from the federal government. I don't think that is even taught in American history anymore. Each time a state accepts funds from the federal government, it (and it's citizens) lose the power to govern themselves because the federal government gives the money out only when certain requirements are followed. Petakillsanimals.com
I'm curious what you think about the possibility of this bill being repealed by the state legislature?

Old 03-11-2011, 09:40 AM

Per jifwittle: I'm curious what you think about the possibility of this bill being repealed by the state legislature?

I am not sure.
There is much more involved than the issue here in Missouri.
I imagine it depends on how involved the anti-animal owning groups are with the politicians.
I hate to see Missouri fall to this sort of delusional thinking, but, many people take up the peta flag and carry it without really knowing all that is going on with their agenda. The photos shown in those ads are not representative of Missouri dogs, but are photos from around the world used to grab your emotions and pull you in. Any extreme is dangerous, the middle road is always safer for all involved.

Think about this quote: "You don't examine legislation in light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but, in light of the wrongs it will do and the harms that it will cause, if improperly administerd." Lyndon B. Johnson

MoFed - Missouri Federation of Animal Owners for Missourian and interested parties.
http://www.mofed.org/forms/2010-04-0...sed_Letter.pdf
http://www.mofed.org/forms/HSUS_-_-_...HAT%5B1%5D.pdf
HSUS: Another Disaster, Another Payday

Last edited by MoBornSouthernBelle; 03-11-2011 at 10:00 AM..

Old 03-11-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
I'm curious what you think about the possibility of this bill being repealed by the state legislature?
Quote:
Quote:
I am not sure.
There is much more involved than the issue here in Missouri.
I imagine it depends on how involved the anti-animal owning groups are with the politicians.
I hate to see Missouri fall to this sort of delusional thinking, but, many people take up the peta flag and carry it without really knowing all that is going on with their agenda. The photos shown in those ads are not representative of Missouri dogs, but are photos from around the world used to grab your emotions and pull you in. Any extreme is dangerous, the middle road is always safer for all involved.

Think about this quote: "You don't examine legislation in light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but, in light of the wrongs it will do and the harms that it will cause, if improperly administerd." Lyndon B. Johnson

MoFed - Missouri Federation of Animal Owners for Missourian and interested parties.
http://www.mofed.org/forms/2010-04-0...sed_Letter.pdf
HSUS: Another Disaster, Another Payday
So, you're not ok with the federal government interfering with state law, but you might be ok with the government interfering with and blatantly ignoring the will of the taxpaying voters? Do you see the discrepancy there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri