Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 10:42 AM

410 posts, read 743,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It takes a bit more than just reading. Comprehension of the material is required, and a grasp of the implications and far reaching effects. "The devil is in the details," as the saying goes.
It was written in plain English. Anyone should be able to decipher what it entails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 10:44 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
I hate to break it to you, but most breeders don't breed with the intention of creating seeing eye dogs, etc. Most breeders do it solely for profit, which is unethical by my standards.
My bad. I didn't realize that you know most breeders.

Quote:
Somehow delusional is better than naive?
Both lead to the conclusions. Naive is one who doesn't know his facts. Delusional is one who imagines his facts.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
My bad. I didn't realize that you know most breeders.
Like I said, I do my research before I make important decisions.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:49 AM

98 posts, read 120,450 times
Quote:
All you had to do was read the ballot measure top to bottom to get a clear picture of what it will do, and all the government has to do is accept the people's decision.
Many voters are being coerced and are unaware of it.
Most believe what the see and hear on television, and in the news.
And these radical groups know that repetition is a great tactic to use for subtle brainwashing, no matter the information is true or not. It was used by Hitler and it worked very well. It has been used by these radical so called 'animal rights' groups and will continue to be used by them, because it works, and they know it does. These groups use the money donated to them to lobby government and brainwash people into believing what they say. And, much of our government is crooked...unfortunately. It ends up being all about the money....follow the money and see where it leads.

Have you considered how many animals are better off for the love of their owners?

Old 03-11-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
It was written in plain English. Anyone should be able to decipher what it entails.
Quote:
Like I said, I do my research before I make important decisions.
We can see that. Good for you.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:08 AM

98 posts, read 120,450 times
Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but most breeders don't breed with the intention of creating seeing eye dogs, etc. Most breeders do it solely for profit, which is unethical by my standards.
I hate to break it to you....
Most breeders DO NOT do it solely for the money...another radical activist view that you evidently believe. Breeders do it to improve the breed in many ways, and that is only a good thing.

Seeing eye and other service dogs come from specific breeding programs, nearly always, because those breeds and dogs produced by those breeding programs carry characteristics that are desired by the trainers and by those who will eventually use those dogs. You won't get that consistency from a 'rescue dog', and these training schools know that, it would waste precious time and money.

Our pets are animals, they are not human, and even though we all think they are because we love them so much, it is not true. They become our 'children' in the way we feel about them, but real 'parents' will rescue the human before the animal, if it comes down to it.

Genesis 1:26-28 - From creation man was given dominion over all animals.
Genesis 3:21 - When Adam and Eve sinned, they knew they were naked and needed clothing (vv 7-11). God made tunics of skin to clothe them.

Clearly, the Biblical teaching of man's dominion over animals includes the right to control them, confine them, and require them to obey us. We have the right to possess them as property, use them, and make them work for us, whether they want to or not. They are required to serve our purposes to meet our needs. They are not at "liberty," nor do they have the "right" to come and go or act as they please. All these are Biblical teachings, yet all of them prove that animals do not have "rights" like people do.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:51 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,036,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBornSouthernBelle View Post
Many voters are being coerced and are unaware of it.
Most believe what the see and hear on television, and in the news.
And these radical groups know that repetition is a great tactic to use for subtle brainwashing, no matter the information is true or not. It was used by Hitler and it worked very well. It has been used by these radical so called 'animal rights' groups and will continue to be used by them, because it works, and they know it does. These groups use the money donated to them to lobby government and brainwash people into believing what they say. And, much of our government is crooked...unfortunately. It ends up being all about the money....follow the money and see where it leads.

Have you considered how many animals are better off for the love of their owners?

i am not and was not coerced.... i am active in rescue and see ALL OF THE TIME what irresponsible breeding results in ..... the ones that I am able to help are the fortunate FEW..... most never make it my transports and just die in shelters or at the hands of the breeders who have dominion over them......

this is one of the least difficult videos to watch.... and there are still graphic and unpleasant images of the realities of mass breeding facilities.... pay particular attention to the dollar amounts discussed at the end of the video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HM8U...eature=related

and y'all keep talking about "animal rights groups" .... that is something far far different than animal welfare groups..... Prop B was about ensuring the welfare of the companion animals on whose reproductive organs the millers are supporting themselves......

Old 03-11-2011, 11:54 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,036,660 times
Quote:

i understood every single word of it without any trouble at all.....

fwiw ... i have no problem at all with responsible breeders... those who breed to better the breed... or breed dogs for a specific job, ie: police work, guide work, s&r.... whose dogs have undergone extensive testing and certification that they are free from genetic issues relating to hips, epilepsy, heart problems etc. .... whatever may be common for that breed..... these breeders have owners for puppies before the mother is even bred and guarantee the health of the puppies and contract with the new owner that they will take the puppy back at any time in its life if a problem arises and the new owner is unable to care for the puppy.... how many of those breeders do you know?? how many of those do you think oppose Prop B??

Old 03-11-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
i am active in rescue and see ALL OF THE TIME what irresponsible breeding results in most never make it my transports and just die in shelters or at the hands of the breeders who have dominion over them...... .....
Then take care of the puppy mills; start by demanding that the laws on the books be enforced, first of all. Then if it turns out additional legislation is needed, close the loopholes. Passing more bad bills when the state itself admits it doesn't have the staff to enforce the laws they already have is not a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
i understood every single word of it without any trouble at all.....
All it takes is a dictionary. You are right.

The reason bad bills are passed is emotion and lack of foresight and discernment. Plugging the hole in the dam isn't going to fix it, but that is why some people end up voting for legislation that they can read, but do not understand its far reaching implications. The intent is good hearted, but one needs to vote with the brain, not the heart.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBornSouthernBelle View Post
I hate to break it to you....
Most breeders DO NOT do it solely for the money...another radical activist view that you evidently believe. Breeders do it to improve the breed in many ways, and that is only a good thing.

Seeing eye and other service dogs come from specific breeding programs, nearly always, because those breeds and dogs produced by those breeding programs carry characteristics that are desired by the trainers and by those who will eventually use those dogs. You won't get that consistency from a 'rescue dog', and these training schools know that, it would waste precious time and money.

Our pets are animals, they are not human, and even though we all think they are because we love them so much, it is not true. They become our 'children' in the way we feel about them, but real 'parents' will rescue the human before the animal, if it comes down to it.

Genesis 1:26-28 - From creation man was given dominion over all animals.
Genesis 3:21 - When Adam and Eve sinned, they knew they were naked and needed clothing (vv 7-11). God made tunics of skin to clothe them.

Clearly, the Biblical teaching of man's dominion over animals includes the right to control them, confine them, and require them to obey us. We have the right to possess them as property, use them, and make them work for us, whether they want to or not. They are required to serve our purposes to meet our needs. They are not at "liberty," nor do they have the "right" to come and go or act as they please. All these are Biblical teachings, yet all of them prove that animals do not have "rights" like people do.
I don't care what the bible says. I made decisions on what is right and wrong based on my morals and ethical standards, not what some book tells me to do. Your point is irrelevant to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri