Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2011, 05:19 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
He's confusing the Humane Society with PETA.

There's a big difference between Animal Rights people and those who are concerned with animal welfare.
His whole post was rather garbled, I was going "huh???" trying to comprehend it.
Legislation such as he is describing has not been passed in Florida....I'm currently in that state, and believe I would have noticed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 07:42 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:

There's a big difference between Animal Rights people and those who are concerned with animal welfare.
That's not hard to do considering that the HSUS and PETA have an alliance.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:07 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,036,660 times
Quote:

wish i could rep you again, but gotta spread the love a bit first....

that is EXACTLY what I have been saying for months and months.... but the people blinded by the breeders' koolaid just can't seem to grasp the concept....

i have no love for PETA.... think they are nuts and have gone COMPLETELY overboard and are actually hurting the cause....

not sure what sort of "alliance" the hsus has with peta... that one is news to me....

hsus is largely a lobbying organization, concerned with animal WELFARE.... somebody has to step up to the plate and get much needed legislation at least on the radar, or nothing will EVER change.....

i have seen the out of context quotes from Wayne Paccelle (sp?) a thousand times in a thousand ways.... but doesn't seem like they will ever die.... even after a decade or more.... and somehow, the rest of what was said never gets the same attention....

Old 03-18-2011, 11:46 AM

604 posts, read 751,061 times
[quote=latetotheparty;18333409]not sure what sort of "alliance" the hsus has with peta... that one is news to me....

hsus is largely a lobbying organization, concerned with animal WELFARE.... somebody has to step up to the plate and get much needed legislation at least on the radar, or nothing will EVER change.....

I THINK HSUS has a relative, maybe even a spouse in PETA... can't confirm yet, I think I might be confusing it with another group...

They definately use ALF, and other groups' trained persons for their benefit and work together.

Humane Society of the United States: Funding sources, staff profiles, and political agenda

Old 03-18-2011, 02:24 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,036,660 times
[quote=Kings Ranger;18334784]
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
not sure what sort of "alliance" the hsus has with peta... that one is news to me....

I THINK HSUS has a relative, maybe even a spouse in PETA... can't confirm yet, I think I might be confusing it with another group...

They definately use ALF, and other groups' trained persons for their benefit and work together.

Humane Society of the United States: Funding sources, staff profiles, and political agenda

ok... i bit and looked around that website .... wow, the paranoia the authors live under must be exhausting....

and fwiw.... i did not see ONE WORD written about the NRA, any prolife / antichoice groups or any tea party groups..... all groups who solicit huge sums of money from the public in an effort to sway legislation to their own beliefs.....

guess they haven't had time to get around to them??

and how exactly do corporations have relatives and spouses??

Old 03-19-2011, 09:27 AM

98 posts, read 120,450 times
I wish this site had a "[-] rate this post negatively" button.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:57 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Quote:

...I did not see ONE WORD written about the NRA, any prolife / antichoice groups or any tea party groups..... all groups who solicit huge sums of money from the public in an effort to sway legislation to their own beliefs.....

HSUS and PETA are both single issue organizations involved with the right of animals to humane treatment. They don't have other positions, nor should they. PETA has always been adamant that they have no position on Second Amendment rights.

I've known animal rights activists from all parts of the political spectrum. Some hate guns; some always carry. Some support abortion; some oppose it. What unites us is a love for animals and an unwillingness to allow their abuse. Any controversial position not involving animals would simply weaken the movement.

The world of animal rights is not monolithic, however. For example, although I am not a hunter, I believe that hunting is the most humane way to stabilize animal populations. Humans have killed most of the predators. The reactions of people when predators appear in populated areas is proof that they will never be reestablished in numbers large enough to remove the need for hunting.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:24 PM

604 posts, read 751,061 times
[quote=latetotheparty;18337171]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post

ok... i bit and looked around that website .... wow, the paranoia the authors live under must be exhausting....

and fwiw.... i did not see ONE WORD written about the NRA, any prolife / antichoice groups or any tea party groups..... all groups who solicit huge sums of money from the public in an effort to sway legislation to their own beliefs.....

Well, when one parent corporation and another parent corporation decide to...

Well, I MEANT someone high ranking in the HSUS has a spouse or relative in another animal activists group.

Also, to whoever is whining about wanting to support animal welfare, the HSUS spends less than 1% of their $100,000,000+ budget on animal welfare...

Old 03-19-2011, 04:59 PM

98 posts, read 120,450 times
[quote=Kings Ranger;18348666]
Quote:

Well, when one parent corporation and another parent corporation decide to...

Well, I MEANT someone high ranking in the HSUS has a spouse or relative in another animal activists group.

Also, to whoever is whining about wanting to support animal welfare, the HSUS spends less than 1% of their $100,000,000+ budget on animal welfare...
BINGO!

Old 03-19-2011, 06:25 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBornSouthernBelle View Post
I wish this site had a "[-] rate this post negatively" button.
Sorely needed!

[quote=Kings Ranger;18348666]
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri