Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 10:24 AM

604 posts, read 751,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
The whole point of this bill is to protect and prevent those from suffering. If nobody is claiming a right to neglect or abuse, then why oppose the bill?

I haven't seen a good answer yet.

HSUS' goal is to STOP animal farming, hunting, pet owning, breeding etc

They've admitted it, and they've done so in California and Florida (there's more states but I don't know them off the top of my head)
Free-range chickens in califronia
extreme regulations of pigs in Florida per farmer

they want to cut off farmers' paychecks, farmers can't make money off of 20 pigs or 50 chickens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 10:27 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,036,660 times
interesting video that attempts to explain the senators' logic for repealing prop b.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VhYT...e_gdata_player

Old 03-15-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Missouri Dave View Post

......... The Missouri Congress is telling Missourian's 'they' know better than the people they represent. Please think about that for a minute. The majority in the state Congress may agree with you today, because you think this law is stupid, but are you willing to hand them a blank check to overturn anything the populace has voted for? You may say yes because you are in agreement with their move today - but what about tomorrow? The Missouri legislature is today controlled by Republicans, but will they always hold control? Maybe the Democrats will regain control someday and decide Missourian's were not smart enough to know that carrying around hand guns is dangerous to their health. By surrendering to your party of choice a precious right, you set an incredibly dangerous precedent for the other party.

I am totally bewildered why Republicans, Democrats, Conservatives, Liberals, Libertarians, or Free Thinkers are not raising bloody Cain about why some of Missouri's elected officials think they know better than the people. If we allow them to get away with this, then we allow them to prove they truly are smarter than us.

Then again, I guess there are more important things to argue about on this thread. Like who is truly the worst - a PETA volunteer just trying to do what they think is best - or a dog breeder who is trying to pay some bills and feed the family!

Again, welcome to the forum MoBorn. Like your biggest fan Southward Bound has said - I wouldn't change a word. I mean, what would be the fun in that!!!
prop b is not the first time our esteemed legislators have decided that they know better than we do what is good for us and our state..... and i am sure it will not be the last if we allow it to continue.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post

They've admitted it, and they've done so in California and Florida (there's more states but I don't know them off the top of my head)

they want to cut off farmers' paychecks, farmers can't make money off of 20 pigs or 50 chickens
REALLY??? please... show me where in prop b ANY farm animals are discussed.... i have read it numerous times and have not seen one single mention of cows or pigs or sheep or goats or chickens or geese or ducks or mules or emus or horses or ostriches or buffalo or any other animal besides dogs used in mass breeding facilities....

i know my eyes ain't what they used to be and i have to use cheaters more often than not these days, so if i DID miss any of those things, by all means, point them out to me.....

Old 03-15-2011, 03:47 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
prop b is not the first time our esteemed legislators have decided that they know better than we do what is good for us and our state..... and i am sure it will not be the last if we allow it to continue.....

REALLY??? please... show me where in prop b ANY farm animals are discussed.... i have read it numerous times and have not seen one single mention of cows or pigs or sheep or goats or chickens or geese or ducks or mules or emus or horses or ostriches or buffalo or any other animal besides dogs used in mass breeding facilities....

i know my eyes ain't what they used to be and i have to use cheaters more often than not these days, so if i DID miss any of those things, by all means, point them out to me.....
Regulations are written so as to allow for broadening the application. Do you not recall how the contentious healthcare bill was drafted so that the verbiage would allow for expansion of its reach once it was passed?

Do you really believe that a regulation is limited to only what is written in black and white?

Old 03-15-2011, 04:39 PM

with the ruckus and panic raised over regulating puppy mills, can you IMAGINE what it would be like if the powers that be even ATTEMPTED to expand prop b's coverage to include farm livestock??

the cafo's would never stand for it.....

and what makes these legislators think they know better than the voters??

as can be CLEARLY seen in the video posted above, that senator had NO IDEA what prop b actually covered...... and he SPONSORED the repeal bill.....

Old 03-16-2011, 05:33 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
with the ruckus and panic raised over regulating puppy mills, can you IMAGINE what it would be like if the powers that be even ATTEMPTED to expand prop b's coverage to include farm livestock??

as can be CLEARLY seen in the video posted above, that senator had NO IDEA what prop b actually covered...... and he SPONSORED the repeal bill.....
Legislators always think they know better.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:17 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,048,783 times
Quote:

I think the farmers were afraid that this bill would be expanded to govern them. That kept coming up in opposition prior to the vote.

It's too bad that the republicans think they were put in office to change laws passed by voters...

Old 03-16-2011, 09:49 PM

90 posts, read 222,702 times
Smooth23
This thread is kinda old-but still seems to have life in it. I posted a comment on the Dog Forum-you should read it.
Any imbecile who takes a dog to a vet only when it's sick, or when the owner things they "have" to spend the money-doesn't deserve the dog(s). Do your children or elderly parents only see a doctor when they are at death's door? And then you kvetch & whine because of the cost? If anyone cannot afford to feed, and maintain a dog(s) then do not have one! The dog deserves better!
Puppy mills-licensed or unlicensed-are hell holes. They are trapped in too small cages, their nails never trimmed, and the dogs that get fed good quality food regularly is countable on one hand. They never get brushed, bathed, or treated for parasites, worms, or fleas. The dogs are bred until they either die or get too old. Many end up training pits how to fight-and pit bull terriors experience all sorts of cruelty. It isn't a kind death. Dogs should only be owned by people who love them, want them, and have the money to care for them. Period. Want to make money raising something? Get a vegetable garden. Plant trees for lumber. THERE IS NO MONEY IN BREEDING, SHOWING, OR RAISING DOGS! I am just sorry that this petition isn't able to do more.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:14 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post

Nobody has stopped anything of the sort in Florida, care to share the source of your info?

Old 03-17-2011, 04:50 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,048,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Nobody has stopped anything of the sort in Florida, care to share the source of your info?
He's confusing the Humane Society with PETA.

There's a big difference between Animal Rights people and those who are concerned with animal welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri