Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 06:02 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,053,631 times

Advertisements

The points have all been addressed a millions times by me and other, and why should I have to defend anything anyway? This is not a trial and you are not judges.

You should realize just how ridiculous and bitter your dogged relentlessness appears to people. Always coming back with the same attacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 06:43 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
What a cop out..The guy (jackfruit)is basically giving your culture a slap up side of the head and thats your best response?

Last edited by jambo101; 04-26-2014 at 07:09 AM..

Old 04-26-2014, 07:55 PM

692 posts, read 957,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfruit View Post
Exactly, it's because of their closed mindset. And that's why ALL the French colonies/French speaking regions are underdogs. (Quebec, Wallonia, North Africa, Haiti..., and even France now).

In Quebec, they have been on the power for more than haft century and what did they achieve? The only thing they are good at is getting 260+ bil $ in transfer payment for blackmailing Canada. Even with that much $$$, the economy is among the worst in Canada with third word infrastructure, rampant corruption and 200+ bil in debt. Ah, I forgot Quebec excels in exporting Anglophones too.

Don't wait your time arguing with those Frenchies. They always have something to blame for their failures. Their posts are the most compelling evidences to explain why they were and will always be underdogs.
...because Nigeria, Pakistan, Guyana and Sudan are doing SOOOOO well? Because the US and most of the UK isn't rusting over and rotting from the inside out?

Moron.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:03 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Can a francophone send their child to an English language private school?

Yes they can as noted in post 2.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:10 PM

301 posts, read 521,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexdiamondz1902 View Post
...because Nigeria, Pakistan, Guyana and Sudan are doing SOOOOO well? Because the US and most of the UK isn't rusting over and rotting from the inside out?

Moron.
British colonies (Britain had over a hundred colonies).

Hong Kong (Rich)
Singapore (Rich)
USA (Rich)
Canada (Rich)
Australia (Rich)
New Zealand (Rich)
Gibraltar (Rich)
Falklands (Rich)
South Africa (Rich)
Malaysia (Rich)
Ireland (Rich)
Jersey (Rich)
Virgin Islands (Rich)
Channel Islands (rich)

French colonies
Poor
Poor
Poor
Poor
Poor
Poor

The French "empire lol" was called the shoestring empire by the Brits.
The French "empire" was an embarrassment, France was defeated by the brits everywhere and thrown out of any place that Britain wanted for itself.
France was left with the scraps that Britain didn't want lol.
There is a reason the world is anglo and not French. You figure it out

Old 04-27-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi wan spaghetti View Post

Hong Kong (Rich)
Singapore (Rich)
USA (Rich)
Canada (Rich)
Australia (Rich)
New Zealand (Rich)
Gibraltar (Rich)
Falklands (Rich)
South Africa (Rich)
Malaysia (Rich)
Ireland (Rich)
Jersey (Rich)
Virgin Islands (Rich)
Channel Islands (rich)

French colonies
Poor
Poor
Poor
Poor
Poor
Poor

The French "empire" was an embarrassment, France was defeated by the brits everywhere and thrown out of any place that Britain wanted for itself.
The ''world'' is not ''anglo''. You guys are hilarious.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
I would be a moron if I try to defend US and UK here.
And for other countries, I play the popular blaming game: there are other factors, just like being able to speak French will not make you equal to a Quebecois de souche.

It seems that French colonies do even worse than Spanish colonies: look at the striking difference between Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Sorry if I touch a nerve here
Not really. You're just being silly.

French colonialism's successes and failures are totally irrelevant to French-speaking Canadians and this has been the case since 1763 which is when we ceased to be involved in any way.

You're really showing how little you know about us and our society.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:47 PM

692 posts, read 957,946 times
Quote:
I would be a moron if I try to defend US and UK here.
And for other countries, I play the popular blaming game: there are other factors, just like being able to speak French will not make you equal to a Quebecois de souche.

It seems that French colonies do even worse than Spanish colonies: look at the striking difference between Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Sorry if I touch a nerve here
I know I'll regret arguing with an utter moron like you but I'm feeling buzzed after happy hour so I'll humour you.

If anything, Haiti is an example of French success not failure. Under French rule, Haiti was the most profitable colony on earth and was so valuable that the French preferred to hold on to its West Indian colonies than all of Canada. Furthermore, Haiti's problems aren't indicative of French incompetence when you consider that France went out of it's way to make sure that Haiti failed as a state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi wan spaghetti View Post

Hong Kong (Rich)
Singapore (Rich)
USA (Rich)
Canada (Rich)
Australia (Rich)
New Zealand (Rich)
Gibraltar (Rich)
Falklands (Rich)
South Africa (Rich)
Malaysia (Rich)
Ireland (Rich)
Jersey (Rich)
Virgin Islands (Rich)
Channel Islands (rich)

French colonies
Poor
Poor
Poor
Poor
Poor
Poor

Since when was the world Anglo?

Anyway, let's say your argument has any validity whatsoever and that the fortunes of a nation's former colonies is a yardstick of the coloniser's competence/ethnic superiority etc. Considering that Sudan, India, Pakistan, Nigeria and Bangladesh are also former British colonies and make up the majority of the population of the former British empire, wouldn't that make the British also woefully incompetent? And considering that the British ruled Quebec from 1763 onwards, wouldn't any Quebecois shortcomings be attributable to British mismanagement?

Mind you, while I'm of Haitian descent I grew up for most of my life in a British colony. So don't try to BS me on this. But for someone who's not an Anglophone you sure do love to "toot the British horn".

Old 04-28-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexdiamondz1902 View Post
I know I'll regret arguing with an utter moron like you but I'm feeling buzzed after happy hour so I'll humour you.

I.
Sounds like a good time to go at it!

Old 04-28-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Now perhaps you know that I did not refer to you in my post. You are really sensitive to those kinds of comment and it does tell something. Inferiority complex? I guess
So if you weren't referring to me, who were you referring to? Lexdiamond?

He's of Haitian origin. If you knew anything about their history and society you'd see how off-base you are on this front as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal