Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 09:34 AM

32,181 posts, read 34,858,798 times

Advertisements

Okay...

1. Forrest Gump
2. Shrek
3. Mrs. Doubtfire

I dare you to find someone who hates one of these movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 11:02 AM

124 posts, read 163,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Okay...

1. Forrest Gump
2. Shrek
3. Mrs. Doubtfire

I dare you to find someone who hates one of these movies.

Found one. Forrest Gump is one of the worst movies ever made. Rather have a root canal than sit through that again.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:25 AM

8,365 posts, read 13,514,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
dude, are you just acting stupid for the sake of argument, or are you truly unable to grasp the concept of a universally, or almost universally well recieved movie.
Well, I am known to act stupid to help me spot the truly stupid people in every day life, online not so much and in this case, I didn't even have to put in an effort.

The title, which I initially thought, had bad grammar, turned out to be misleading. I thought you were asking for movies where we thought the movie was bad and most/everyone we knew felt the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I think he was referring to the double negative in the thread title. "Movies nobody doesn't like" could be rephrased as "Moves everyone likes"

Now if it would have the same meaning is debatable... I think "Movies no one dislikes" would sound better myself-- but then again is that a double negative as well? Grammar Nazi's please come correct me!
Achtung!! Just kidding, I hope I didn't scare all the Jews away.
Yes, any one of those would be better than what OP picked.

In this case, I would have to pick Jaws, Airplane and First Blood.
My dad never liked any movie and would make fun of me if I ever talked highly of any movie but he could not stop giving nods to Sly' "First Blood". The movie had an amazing level search for primitive justice, fairness that only Gladiator came close to capturing, imho.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:03 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,657,432 times
I can't think of any that I haven't heard at least somebody say they didn't like it. I probably spend too much time on the Internet where people will complain about anything that others like just for the sake of complaining about it.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:51 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,548,716 times
Quote:
All About Steve (ok this one's a joke...)
LOL - this one makes the list of worst movies ever.

I agree that Airplane has to cross most peoples tastes but there are too many different tastes to actually come up with a movie that No One Does Not Like.

A Mel Brooks movie has wide appeal but not everyone will like it. Pulp Fiction - Many likes and surely dis-likes. I'm thinking we need to go back a few decades or six to even come close. I love older movies just as much as current ones, maybe even more.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:04 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,191,923 times
Quote:
If it creeped you out, didn't it do its job?
Perhaps. But if I had known the story line I would not have gone. I don't like movies like that. Give me Shrek or Mrs. Doubtfire any day. Next time, I decide to go to a movie, I'll read the spoilers on IMDB.com first. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-24-2010, 07:13 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,459,167 times
Quote:
Movies you never hear anyone say they don't like. I don't mean Citizen Kane or Casablanca. I don't mean movies that all critics agree are national treasures - there are plenty of people who don't care for The Godfather. I mean movies that are universally enjoyed by practically everyone. Like:

Goodfellas

Groundhog Day
Every time Goodfellas is on t.v I watch it and I have seen it several times. Ray Liotta was so hot back then.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:59 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,093,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTx View Post
The Hangover

National Lampoon's Vacation, Vegas Vacation, Christmas Vacation

Home Alone
The Hangover-I didn't care for it. Everyone said it was sooo hilarious; I didn't laugh once. I found it mediocre at best.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:40 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,269,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
The Hangover-I didn't care for it. Everyone said it was sooo hilarious; I didn't laugh once. I found it mediocre at best.
i agree 100 percent. as i said before, Very Bad Things is basically the same movie, but better.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:00 AM

11,304 posts, read 19,663,739 times
Quote:
Movies you never hear anyone say they don't like. I don't mean Citizen Kane or Casablanca. I don't mean movies that all critics agree are national treasures - there are plenty of people who don't care for The Godfather. I mean movies that are universally enjoyed by practically everyone. Like:

Goodfellas

Groundhog Day
I never heard of Goodfellas but how could anyone like Groundhog Day? that movie was obnoxious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies