Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2017, 06:48 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times

Advertisements

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/12/fox-...t-sources.html

Assuming this happens, this means Marvel will soon have the X-MEN film rights back.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:33 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
I don't know how the MCU can add the X-Men, I just hope they do soon.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't know how the MCU can add the X-Men.
I don't either. X-MEN is getting more and more difficult to fit into a 21st century mold. Their chief antagonist's views were shaped by the Holocaust. Which would make Magneto in his late 70s this year. Add to that: It seems very unlikely that Spidey and the Avengers and everyone else never would have run in to a mutant. Fitting the X-MEN into the current Marvel movie mode just doesn't seem to work in any way.

Which means (prepare to groan all you naysayers):

It's time for a total reboot of the Marvel movie properties.
Your stars are getting too old. Your currrent storylines have just about run their course. And now, you finally have the X-Men and THE FANTASTIC FOUR back. Do it over. Do it right.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/its-official...g-b-1821139320

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/wal...llion-stock-2/

Old 12-14-2017, 06:47 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,251,052 times
Disney has the box office power of about 4-5 movie studios now. And looking at Disney's plans to launch a Netflix streaming competitor, they probably won't stop at Fox.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:31 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I don't either. X-MEN is getting more and more difficult to fit into a 21st century mold. Their chief antagonist's views were shaped by the Holocaust. Which would make Magneto in his late 70s this year. Add to that: It seems very unlikely that Spidey and the Avengers and everyone else never would have run in to a mutant. Fitting the X-MEN into the current Marvel movie mode just doesn't seem to work in any way.

Which means (prepare to groan all you naysayers):

It's time for a total reboot of the Marvel movie properties. Your stars are getting too old. Your currrent storylines have just about run their course. And now, you finally have the X-Men and THE FANTASTIC FOUR back. Do it over. Do it right.

The X-Men movies were at least decent which means they were at least watchable without yelling "what the hell?" every five minutes or so. Never cares about the FF I like the first two well enough but as a whole the FF were lame. Sue Richards was/is the only one with real power. The Thing is a poor mans Hulk. Sure Reed is highly intelligent but he would more useful in adult movies or as a scientist. The Torch meh. I LOVE the Avengers movies so far. Civil War was TERRIBLE!!! The cast of everyone in the Avengers is perfect! Even though some here don't like Downey as Stark/Iron Man he's perfect as a sexist, billionaire
playboy. Same with the rest of the cast even so more when it comes to Chris Evan he IS Captain America!

Unless Marvel does the New Mutants I don't care for another X-Men movie. I don't really care of the New Mutants either. After watching Spider Man Home Coming "Sorry threw up in my mouth a bit thinking how bad it was." Keep pushing forward with movies like Dr. Strange, etc. IMO, DC needs to either give up on doing another JL or start all over The cast is good enough but they should try to stop rushing things so much, and PLEASE keep going on with Wonder Woman and stay focused and don't screw it up!

Old 12-14-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
The X-Men movies were at least decent which means they were at least watchable without yelling "what the hell?" every five minutes or so. Never cares about the FF I like the first two well enough but as a whole the FF were lame.
Don't judge the FF by the movies. There has yet to be a good FANTASTIC FOUR movie.

Er, wait. Except for this one:

Old 12-14-2017, 10:06 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
New mutants is an April 2018 release in a horror take of them with I think Demon Bear as the villain.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:40 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,619,873 times
Quote:
The X-Men movies were at least decent which means they were at least watchable without yelling "what the hell?" every five minutes or so. Never cares about the FF I like the first two well enough but as a whole the FF were lame. Sue Richards was/is the only one with real power. The Thing is a poor mans Hulk. Sure Reed is highly intelligent but he would more useful in adult movies or as a scientist. The Torch meh. I LOVE the Avengers movies so far. Civil War was TERRIBLE!!! The cast of everyone in the Avengers is perfect! Even though some here don't like Downey as Stark/Iron Man he's perfect as a sexist, billionaire
playboy. Same with the rest of the cast even so more when it comes to Chris Evan he IS Captain America!

Unless Marvel does the New Mutants I don't care for another X-Men movie. I don't really care of the New Mutants either. After watching Spider Man Home Coming "Sorry threw up in my mouth a bit thinking how bad it was." Keep pushing forward with movies like Dr. Strange, etc. IMO, DC needs to either give up on doing another JL or start all over The cast is good enough but they should try to stop rushing things so much, and PLEASE keep going on with Wonder Woman and stay focused and don't screw it up!
They can reboot the entire MCU save Evans and Cumberbatch.

We need a proper follow-up to The Winter Soldier, too. More of that, please. Plenty to draw from the '80s storylines, too. Not every movie has to culmination with an extinction/genocide-level threat.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:57 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
They can reboot the entire MCU save Evans and Cumberbatch.

We need a proper follow-up to The Winter Soldier, too. More of that, please. Plenty to draw from the '80s storylines, too. Not every movie has to culmination with an extinction/genocide-level threat.

Can't get rid of Downey either. Yes, like with Wolverine there is SO much story to use the Cap. Himself, Bucky, and Logan teamed up a lot in different wars. In fact Cap and Bucky didn't even know Logan was a mutant for a long time. They thought he was lucky getting out of the of the placed they fought at so they called him lucky James. Again SO much story to be told! I like the cast of The Avengers they picked the right people to play said parts. IMO, having anyone else playing them would be a let down even more so because they are well into The Infinity Gauntlet too late to do a reboot. Personally I'm tired of reboots get it right the first time!

Old 12-14-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Can't get rid of Downey either.
Yes, they can. And yes, they should. And I say that as a big fan of Downey and what he brought to the character. But it's time for that character to go. He's run his course.

Quote:
The Infinity Gauntlet too late to do a reboot. Personally I'm tired of reboots get it right the first time!
The Infinity Gauntlet is the perfect place to do a reboot. Because it's The Infinity Gauntlet! It would be one thing by which they could explain a "reset" or alternate dimension or whatever.

Which I don't think they should, by the way. I find that pandering. Trust the audience to be a little intelligent. Just say, "Hey, thanks for your love and devotion to our movieverse over the past years. But it has come to an end. Two years from now, you'll get a whole new Marvel movieverse. Consider the past 12 years our practice run."

A reboot is needed to get the Marvel Universe right. Marvel couldn't "get it right the first time" because they couldn't include half of their best characters. The current storyline cannot incorporate the Fantastic Four or the X-Men without it coming across as very jammed in and force fed. And with their major stars wanting to move on, they have every reason for a Do Over.

Really though ...

Marvel's new movie-verse ought to be animated. They are Disney after all, and there are so many characters that you could pull off in an animated film that just would NOT work live action. Characters like Reed Richards, Galactus, Doctor Doom, Green Goblin, Thanos, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies