Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2009, 06:40 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,126,904 times

Advertisements

THE LITTLE PRINCESS with Shirley Temple. It's the scene where she finally finds her father alive. He is in a daze and doesn't recognize her and keeps saying "Sarah" "Sarah" over and over again. It gets to me every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 09:40 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,887 times
The Grey Zone-Focuses on the Jews in Auschwitz who worked in the crematoriums. They were put in a sort of 'moral grey zone'; their lives were typically extended for about four months while they did this work and the Nazi guards gave them better living conditions, tobacco, liquor, and delicasies for their 'pay'. After about four months they were systematically murdered and newcomers took their place.

I watched this on IFC last night. All I can say is...WOW. This movie beats Schindlers List hands down-brutal, heartbreaking in it's honesty and vileness. No heroes, no saving moments where everything is okay...just ugly and tormenting like it all was.

What would you do?

Old 08-31-2009, 10:01 AM

1,113 posts, read 3,493,860 times
*Ghost-the ending ALWAYS makes me cry

*Mask-when Cher finds her son dead

*War Of The Worlds- the ending when Tom Cruise arrives in Boston and finds his son still alive and they embrace.

*Jesus Of Nazareth- when they've taken Jesus down from the cross and his mother is holding his body and sobbing in the pouring rain

*The Passion of the Christ- when Mary is watching Jesus carrying the cross and she flashes back to when he was a little boy-that tore my heart up!

Old 08-31-2009, 10:06 AM

1,113 posts, read 3,493,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Not a movie, but those commericals for the Humane Society make me cry (you know, the ones with the Sarah McLaughlin songs playing in the background). Anything involving animal cruelty tears at my heartstrings.

That's what they're counting on so you send in $$$$$. I feel sorry for the animals, too (or kids, or vets, or whoever) but when I can tell it's an obvious attempt to pull on my heartstrings, it kinda lessens the effect.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:02 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,609,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
That's what they're counting on so you send in $$$$$. I feel sorry for the animals, too (or kids, or vets, or whoever) but when I can tell it's an obvious attempt to pull on my heartstrings, it kinda lessens the effect.
Why?? They NEED the money to help the animals. Whatever works to awaken people. The cost of helping these poor critters is enormous.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:12 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,705,861 times
The animal shelter ads are the saddest ever. I cry & feel miserable for hours.

My crying movie = Terms of Endearmant

Old 09-01-2009, 11:40 AM

107 posts, read 272,180 times
The Christmas Shoes (song that goes with it is sad too)
The Green Mile

Old 09-01-2009, 06:33 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,517,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
*Ghost-the ending ALWAYS makes me cry

*Mask-when Cher finds her son dead

*War Of The Worlds- the ending when Tom Cruise arrives in Boston and finds his son still alive and they embrace.

*Jesus Of Nazareth- when they've taken Jesus down from the cross and his mother is holding his body and sobbing in the pouring rain

*The Passion of the Christ- when Mary is watching Jesus carrying the cross and she flashes back to when he was a little boy-that tore my heart up!
Ghost had a very sad ending!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamtaylor1969 View Post
I cried at the end of Titanic, when that old lady threw a 15 billion dollar diamond in the ocean! I get misty right now, just thinking about it! *snif*
That musta been a truckload of carots???????

Old 09-01-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
The animal shelter ads are the saddest ever. I cry & feel miserable for hours.

My crying movie = Terms of Endearmant
Both are very effective for needing to replenish one's Kleenex Tissues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies