Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 06:16 PM

22 posts, read 45,538 times

Advertisements

Thanks! I knew I wasn't the only one that would love that location in MI. NCBND did you find your home? I did see some small new beach homes, Fishshack community. Lots of stairs. Small and tiny lots. I'm starting to think building a new house on your own lot makes sense. Lots in established community could be 40k and up. Building for 200k 245k total. For a condo with homeowner fees I think 150k max. I did see some things in Pawleys on line. I don't know exactly where they are. I don't need ocean views. I would even like a tree-lined pretty view. Cannot wait to get back there. This freezing weather has messed up my plans! Instead of staying in MI, I might stay in a condo in Pawleys. I would love to find a condo with a marsh view as Busydesk suggested! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 06:49 PM

1,124 posts, read 1,717,446 times
Well you should be able to find a weekend rental in Pawleys Plantation at a good rate, and that might give you a starting point.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:17 AM

80 posts, read 322,886 times
Agree with all those who indicate the Litchfield/Pawleys areas are worth a look. I have a vacation condo in Pawleys Plantation, and some of the 2 BR, 2 BA condos on holes #10 and 11 of the Nicklaus golf course have been priced recently as low as $120,000. A few others have long range views across marsh looking back toward the houses out on the ocean, but they are priced starting in the low $200s. And as busydesk writes, rental prices are ridiculously low this time of year...but they will start to rise close to March when the Canadians begin arriving.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:15 PM

244 posts, read 714,825 times
I ended up snagging a foreclosure on the ICW up in Myrtle Beach and am very pleased with it. However, I still troll up and down Business 17 in MI every trip hoping to see a little old lady nailing up a FSBO sign on one of those Inlet-fronting lots. At least I can eat away my non-attainment sorrows at Prossers and drink them away at Creek Ratz as long as I'm there. I don't need a beach either and find the boat parade on the ICW in season to be enough entertainment for my easy standards.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:17 PM

22 posts, read 45,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBND View Post
I ended up snagging a foreclosure on the ICW up in Myrtle Beach and am very pleased with it. However, I still troll up and down Business 17 in MI every trip hoping to see a little old lady nailing up a FSBO sign on one of those Inlet-fronting lots. At least I can eat away my non-attainment sorrows at Prossers and drink them away at Creek Ratz as long as I'm there. I don't need a beach either and find the boat parade on the ICW in season to be enough entertainment for my easy standards.
Haha, I think we might trample the little old lady racing to her sign! Lol. I am on the ICW in Holden Beach. View is beautiful, town not so much besides rest and relaxation. Now that im completely rested, onwards down the coast!

Thanks for the tips on Pawleys plantation. I'm going to check out the 120k condo. I looked for a rental but no luck with mny furbabies. That would leave me open. I did find lots in the historic section. I need to investigate a good honest builder to see what can happen.

Thank-you friends!

Old 05-25-2014, 01:48 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,475,771 times
Black Bike Week = 3 SHOT DEAD

Myrtle Beach Shooting 2014 Biker Rally Week - 3 Dead - YouTube

Compare and Contrast – Three killed, five wounded in Myrtle Beach shootings – During “Black Bike Week†Event…. But, As Usual, The Media Ignore That Part

Last edited by highcotton; 05-25-2014 at 01:56 PM..

Old 05-26-2014, 05:34 AM

138 posts, read 164,330 times
I feel so bad for the residents of myrtle beach who have to be subjected to these savages and their animalistic behavior.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:56 AM

2,032 posts, read 6,890,894 times
We have already cancelled our summer vacation plans to Myrtle Beach. It is a pity Myrtle has now become another dangerous
Vacation spot similar to Va Beach. After the incident years ago when the Black college riots terrorized the beach the question one asks is "What is happening to the tourism industry in this country"? WHY does Myrtle Beach continue to risk everything with this publicity? I am concerned the Myrtle Beach tourism folks cannot see the IMAGE this incident has created. Good Luck!

Old 05-26-2014, 12:16 PM

4 posts, read 8,314 times
As a graduate of Coastal Carolina, and resident for a few years of Myrtle Beach, the shootings this past weekend don't surprise me. If you've been in town you know how crazy BBW is, there are no traffic laws that weekend it seems, the wrecks seems to happen more and more. I moved earlier this year to Tampa (not saying it's better), we had to know it would happen sooner or later, just glad myself and gf were not there this year. If you are a family, don't let thugs ruin your trip, if you're still worries, I suggest staying in Litchfield if you're there specifically for the beach =]. If you get on Facebook and look at the videos from BBW it is insane, fights, shooting, people blaming cops because they are white. I'm not sure what the answer is to this, if you cancel it, it hurts local business, if you don't, looks like it starting to hurt people. I guess I just hope whatever the lesser evil is happens, it's a beautiful area, shame this burden is carried with it now....

Old 05-26-2014, 09:24 PM

119 posts, read 160,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TablistaJ89 View Post
As a graduate of Coastal Carolina, and resident for a few years of Myrtle Beach, the shootings this past weekend don't surprise me. If you've been in town you know how crazy BBW is, there are no traffic laws that weekend it seems, the wrecks seems to happen more and more. I moved earlier this year to Tampa (not saying it's better), we had to know it would happen sooner or later, just glad myself and gf were not there this year. If you are a family, don't let thugs ruin your trip, if you're still worries, I suggest staying in Litchfield if you're there specifically for the beach =]. If you get on Facebook and look at the videos from BBW it is insane, fights, shooting, people blaming cops because they are white. I'm not sure what the answer is to this, if you cancel it, it hurts local business, if you don't, looks like it starting to hurt people. I guess I just hope whatever the lesser evil is happens, it's a beautiful area, shame this burden is carried with it now....

I made reservations at the Breakers this past Saturday. When I got there I realized why the room was so cheap. Ha! Myrtle beach wants you to bring your kids and family? Yeah ok..
We headed out to Brunswick county beaches. I lived in Myrtle a few years back, although it had some sketchy areas, what I saw this weekend was beyond the pail. I'm glad I discovered how nice Brunswick county beaches are. I'll go there from now on.

Last edited by LuvPhoenix; 05-26-2014 at 09:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area