Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 06:26 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,215,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
I get it, i've seen your posts. Mostly bashing realtors, saying its easy, you don't have to be smart, its too easy for you, not challenging etc.

(Checks Mr Przybylski Gross Commission for 2020)

Ahhh yes, so simple, so easy

I used to have a roommate who was and currently still is a loan officer. He was showing me all these plaques from the mid 2000’s in Cape Coral that we’re 30k commission months... funny fast forward to 2018 and he’s living in an apartment needing me as a roommate to supplement his income, even though he’s still in the business.

Ahhhh Mr. Baby Boomer realtor who rode that wave of the 2000’s up at a time people were much more dependent on realtors for information then they are now.

I bring a fresh perspective to this industry, I see the pitfalls that you didn’t have to deal with when you got in the business. Naples, my area of expertise, hasn’t caught up with the times so the cliche baby boomers realtors are still crushing it but their time is limited and their approaches that worked for them in the past won’t work for them in the future and then it’s young savages like me who will own this market 10-20 years from now.

The modern day client is 10 times more savvy then the clients you had to deal with when first in the business. Same thing can be said to the car business how much easier it was to sell cars before the internet blew up.

I encourage all people to be empowered with information, because information is power. However, realtors are going to have a harder time staying relevant. Anyone can open up a door and fill in a contract with a few addendums and simply relay back and forth communication acting as just a messenger, that’s basically what 99% of residential real estate sales entails.

This work doesn’t challenge or stimulate me intellectually one bit but I feel I didn’t choose real estate, it chose me so I stick with it for now. I’m still deciding if I should get my brokers license next year and grow my own brand instead of build someone else’s... then again I never was big into trying to win popularity contents, which is basically what this “profession” is. I hear Danny Grimes go on Wink News all the time and share “expert” information like it’s ****ing rare gold wisdom when in fact it’s obvious information to anyone even remotely paying attention to local real estate.

What a good post to write while listening to Deal by Jerry Garcia..... such a fitting song.

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 11-16-2020 at 07:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2020, 07:20 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,245,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
Naples, my area of expertise, hasn’t caught up with the times so the cliche baby boomers realtors are still crushing it but their time is limited and their approaches that worked for them in the past won’t work for them in the future and then it’s young savages like me who will own this market 10-20 years from now.

The modern day client is 10 times more savvy then the clients you had to deal with when first in the business. Same thing can be said to the car business how much easier it was to sell cars before the internet blew up.
I wonder if this will be the case or if Naples will be caught in some weird sort of time warp.

I agree though that there needs to be a change. Too many bottom feeding real estate agents. When I bought my last car in Naples one guy tried to do the whole dog and pony show with me; I just wanted to buy the car. I ended up getting quotes from the internet sales departments at 2 dealers, then went back to Naples Audi and said "do you have xxxx car in stock and will you meet this price?". I was in and out in an hour with a new vehicle. Dealt just with the manager and it was a smooth transaction (even he said it was quick). Why? I did all my research ahead of time, did a quick test drive of the vehicle and had everything lined up.

However, for things to really change in Naples you also need to start getting a younger demographic. Otherwise you'll trade in Boomer retirees for Gen X retirees who have pretty much the same mindset...Biff and Buffy from Wisconsin who did well and who want to retire part year in Naples to get away from the cold.

Or what would be worse for Naples is that Gen X and Millennials don't want to play golf and are more interested in travel. At some point when we retire, my wife and I have discussed living in France. We have no interest in pickle ball, bridge or mahjong. Plus many people either won't be able to fully retire or don't want to like in the past - my father in law was like a clock, and at age 65 he stopped working and retired.

Old 11-16-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I wonder if this will be the case or if Naples will be caught in some weird sort of time warp.

I agree though that there needs to be a change. Too many bottom feeding real estate agents. When I bought my last car in Naples one guy tried to do the whole dog and pony show with me; I just wanted to buy the car. I ended up getting quotes from the internet sales departments at 2 dealers, then went back to Naples Audi and said "do you have xxxx car in stock and will you meet this price?". I was in and out in an hour with a new vehicle. Dealt just with the manager and it was a smooth transaction (even he said it was quick). Why? I did all my research ahead of time, did a quick test drive of the vehicle and had everything lined up.

However, for things to really change in Naples you also need to start getting a younger demographic. Otherwise you'll trade in Boomer retirees for Gen X retirees who have pretty much the same mindset...Biff and Buffy from Wisconsin who did well and who want to retire part year in Naples to get away from the cold.

Or what would be worse for Naples is that Gen X and Millennials don't want to play golf and are more interested in travel. At some point when we retire, my wife and I have discussed living in France. We have no interest in pickle ball, bridge or mahjong. Plus many people either won't be able to fully retire or don't want to like in the past - my father in law was like a clock, and at age 65 he stopped working and retired.
I can’t speak for the rest of millennials as far as golf, but I absolutely don’t have any interest in the sport. You’re absolutely right travel is where it’s at. Back in June I rented a brand new 2020 Chrysler Pacifica (4K miles on it) fully loaded with every bell and whistle from Hertz for only $110 a week(pandemic prices wow), built a camper in back with a brand new twin mattress and other features and traveled for 6 weeks, camped out all over, including the Grand Canyon, the Sierra Mountains, Lake Tahoe and Giant Redwoods of Northern California.

18 states and 9k miles later..came back to Naples and got back in the real estate game. Let me tell you it wasn’t long enough!!!

Ideally it would be nice to buy a new tear drop trailer for around 35k and do that every year... for about 2 months.. need more time to get more north like Canada and Alaska. The feeling of the open road and going wherever you want when you want is true ecstasy...

If I can find a full time remote job making at least 50k a year that isn’t too soul sucking I’m absolutely bailing on this area and buying a trailer and living on the road indefinitely. So much adventure out west..

Old 11-16-2020, 06:56 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,029 times
Quote:
Ahhhh Mr. Baby Boomer realtor who rode that wave of the 2000’s up at a time people were much more dependent on realtors for information then they are now.

I bring a fresh perspective to this industry, I see the pitfalls that you didn’t have to deal with when you got in the business.
I'm Mr. Baby Boomer Realtor? Oh boy, you write like you have superior intelligence yet didn't do 1 minute of research?

I spent 30 seconds searching your production since you have a unique last name. That's how I found out you haven't done squat all year.

I'm one of the few people on all these forums that isn't afraid to use their real name. A quick search would turn up my website, photo, blog, etc. and you'll see that I'm a Millenial like yourself

Old 11-16-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post

Or what would be worse for Naples is that Gen X and Millennials don't want to play golf and are more interested in travel.
This is definitely an issue and if you notice, many new communities being built don't have Golf for this exact reason. Its overkill in the area.

Esplanade offering boating activities in their new Ft Myers location rather than golf.

Riverstone catering to families. Stonecreek, catering to wealthy retirees without their young kids.

Golf isn't doing themselves favors to grow the game for us Millenials/Gen X'res. Many clubs are still very snooty - some clubs charge full price for my 5 year old (Bear's Paw), some say no kids at all! (Firefox). Some say no kids under 8 (Lely), while others just give a small discount (Raptor Bay, Naples Beach Hotel)

Other's, like Old Corkscrew, Stoneybrook, Panther Run let him play for free.

Everyone wants to 'grow' the game but many don't want to actually 'do it'.

It'll be their loss when boomers get too old to play and the Gen X kids are grown and not interested!

Old 11-16-2020, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I'm Mr. Baby Boomer Realtor? Oh boy, you write like you have superior intelligence yet didn't do 1 minute of research?

I spent 30 seconds searching your production since you have a unique last name. That's how I found out you haven't done squat all year.

I'm one of the few people on all these forums that isn't afraid to use their real name. A quick search would turn up my website, photo, blog, etc. and you'll see that I'm a Millenial like yourself
Your source of info isn’t very accurate then! I definitely haven’t done just squat, and while I wouldn’t go around bragging about my first year sales being just over 1.6 mil, really without trying very hard at all, I definitely have been keeping fairly busy and productive for the most part. Had I not lost 2-3 other pending sales I would have topped 3 million my first full year even with traveling the country for 2 months in the middle.

I just assumed you were a boomer because well everyone else on the Naples forum probably is, so my mistake.

You forget also I’ve opened and closed over 40 transactions as an escrow officer right here in an office in the Naples Park Shore area prior to being an agent, so my knowledge of the industry of real estate is much more competent and well rounded then many agents, some agents who are big time producers whom I’ve met that don’t even know what a trim notice from the county is in one instance...

Don’t be going around publicly saying that I haven’t done squat, JUST THE PAST 11 month’s I’ve built up a nice pipeline I’m sitting on, have probably personally toured at least 250-300 local properties and now started working rental leads just recently to help my brokerage not lose leads.. had I not traveled for 2 months and had a little better luck (which we all need) I would have easily topped 5 million probably the first year.

And the gross number is actually irrelevant, because if a realtor only sells one home for 5 million that still doesn’t accumulate to much expierence.

Anyways... I don’t have anything to prove to you but don’t be going around talking **** like that.

Once again this business doesn’t require that high of a degree of intelligence, no matter how complex Marc tries to make it sound. Sorry Marc, just come to the reality it’s not that prestigious of a line of work either...we are salesman at the end of the day even when we try not to act like one. And that’s okay it still can be a honest way to make a living.

Happy Selling Marc!

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 11-16-2020 at 09:33 PM..

Old 11-16-2020, 08:26 PM

25 posts, read 41,400 times
Should probably start a separate thread where the realtors on the board can talk smack on each other.

Old 11-16-2020, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinoisblows View Post
Should probably start a separate thread where the realtors on the board can talk smack on each other.
LOL.... sorry I’m tapping out. While I always enjoy a good debate this is becoming a waste of energy! I say I’m tapping out but then I’m sure Marc will say something else to get me going again haha

Old 11-17-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Don’t be going around publicly saying that I haven’t done squat, JUST THE PAST 11 month’s I’ve built up a nice pipeline I’m sitting on, have probably personally toured at least 250-300 local properties and now started working rental leads just recently to help my brokerage not lose leads.. had I not traveled for 2 months and had a little better luck (which we all need) I would have easily topped 5 million probably the first year.
You've had one sale (last month) the entire year on the MLS...even going back 500 days. You've had no listings all year either.

So keep grinding out those rentals on your way to '$3ML in sales'.

Had you not tried to call me out earlier, I would have stayed quiet. But my hand was forced and now you've been embarrassed.

If you want to live in a van down by the river for a few months, that's up to you. , its a free country.

But give us all a break from all your words of wisdom of what being a realtor is or isn't, how it is or isn't, etc.

"Stay in your lane bro"

Old 11-17-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
You've had one sale (last month) the entire year on the MLS...even going back 500 days. You've had no listings all year either.

So keep grinding out those rentals on your way to '$3ML in sales'.

Had you not tried to call me out earlier, I would have stayed quiet. But my hand was forced and now you've been embarrassed.

If you want to live in a van down by the river for a few months, that's up to you. , its a free country.

But give us all a break from all your words of wisdom of what being a realtor is or isn't, how it is or isn't, etc.

"Stay in your lane bro"
Nope not accurate Marc about my sales and I’m definitely not embarrassed, just don’t like you spreading false information! Maybe the listing agent didn’t enter my name on the mls as the selling agent on some other sales I’ve had hence not all my sales are showing up.

I’m pretty confident in what I’m doing and my abilities... having the title background and handling many closings for the realtors prior to me being a realtor taught me well and gave me a foundation of true confidence that can’t be shaken by guys (or clients) like you! (Although I don’t mind the challenge, motivates me actually)

Going back 500 days was pointless too. I’ve only been an active agent just over a year.

I’ve solely been a buyer’s agents. Turned down a few listings. Not interested in pursuing listings right now. I think I want to brand myself just a buyer’s agent, but I’m still thinking that through as well as if I get my brokers license what direction I want to take this.

You do realize renters, even just seasonal renters, could become buyer’s eventually and then who do you think they will call? It never hurts to plant seeds. All these leads are out of state, just going off pictures I send them so it’s really easy.

Maybe being a realtor can be hard at times, but it’s a very simple job especially if you’re just doing residential sales. On the rare case a residential sale requires a higher degree of care and knowledge then you know an attorney will be involved on the sidelines along with the title company... a realtor’s job when it comes to residential sales is very black and white and boxed in, the state doesn’t want realtors going around acting like lawyers so we are pretty limited in what we can and can’t do.. so yes I know what it is and isn’t.

While the market is always changing and the area always growing, no realtor is ever going to truly be on top of every little thing but most the battle is just knowing where to find the information you need.

To my mind residential property is all the same wether it’s a $40 million Port Royal home or $400,000 Naples Park home. They look just about the same on a deed.

It’s really not a complicated job Marc but if you feel good branding yourself “waterfront property expert” because it’s a cool label go right ahead I won’t stop ya, I’ll stay in my lane.

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 11-17-2020 at 08:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples