Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 07:15 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,357,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
To my mind residential property is all the same wether it’s a $40 million Port Royal home or $400,000 Naples Park home. They look just about the same on a deed.

It’s really not a complicated job Marc but if you feel good branding yourself “waterfront property expert” because it’s a cool label go right ahead I won’t stop ya, I’ll stay in my lane.
Again, more statements showing your inexperience and why people won't hire you to list their expensive home. The owners would see right through you and never trust you to list their $40ML home. You'd be staring into the abyss on questions they'd throw at you.

Good idea to stay in your lane, many people have a hard time with that. Probably why I'm not a waterfront property expert as I mentioned 2 weeks ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 08:08 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,216,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Again, more statements showing your inexperience and why people won't hire you to list their expensive home. The owners would see right through you and never trust you to list their $40ML home. You'd be staring into the abyss on questions they'd throw at you.

Good idea to stay in your lane, many people have a hard time with that. Probably why I'm not a waterfront property expert as I mentioned 2 weeks ago
I'll be honest it sounds a little intimating to take on a listing of that price range, because we tend to put wealthy people on a psychological pedestal to begin with, but also because how do you really come up with a good listing price? Homes in that price range aren't apples to apples comparisons like other cookie cutter neighborhoods.. So much grey area when you're well into the millions. While I don't believe it's rocket science to come up with a sound listing price, I do wonder, for example, if you had 10 different agents comp a Port Royal home that sold for 25 million back in 2012 what they would list if for now, and how much of a range you would have between them all. Of course obviously the hardest part isn't comping the property but getting in front of a lead like that who wants to sell their property in the first place.

I think the biggest questions would be about marketing the property, which I know very little about, but proven brokerages like John R Woods and William Raveis probably have that down to a simple formula as well as some of the boutique luxury brokerages around Olde Naples.

I'm guessing there would be thousands and thousands of dollars of up front cost for marketing a property like that, or should I say advertising a property like that.....

From a settlement statement perspective you really are dealing with just the same moving parts as you would a 400k home.. You're going to have all your typical closing cost associated with any property but with just some more zeros.

As far as the waterfront property expert comment I understand you were talking about another associate in your brokerage but I am just busting your chops because you're the one that used the label.

I think agents take too much credit when things go well, and take too much blame when things don't go well. If something is priced right it will sell and the agent becomes less of a factor to the transaction.

Yesterday I spent about an hour dissecting the High Point Country Club in Naples for a Canadian buyer who's looking for another investment. I was going through all the 23 active listings as well as what's sold and looking at obvious things like days on the market, list price to sold price, etc, things any agent would be analyzing. I also was going through some of the what sold and who's taking title to see if there's a lot of corporations in the community, as well as looking at the history of some of the listings. I remember one listing was terminated after 6 months, then after a short 3 month gap a new realtor and brokerage has the same property listed again but for about 40-50k cheaper and sells the unit I think in under 20 days..... Maybe the first listing agent was just desperate to get any listing and told the seller it was worth more then it was, or maybe they really thought it was worth 40-50k more then it was really was, either way it didn't sell until the unit was marketed at a considerably less price, so was it really the new agent who was the relevant factor or price? I'm sure this example is ubiquitous all the time.. Interesting stuff. Real estate is fun. One big ass game.

P.S Here's my future MLS description for a 40 million dollar home listing:

"Really nice house, very big, you'll be balling in this Port Royal home. Imagine everyday rolling up to this house after a long day of golfing and fine dining with your convertible top down blasting Good Life by Kayne West on your car stereo!"

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 11-23-2020 at 09:36 AM..

Old 11-29-2020, 01:36 PM

1,847 posts, read 3,728,837 times
Quote:
I'll be honest it sounds a little intimating to take on a listing of that price range, because we tend to put wealthy people on a psychological pedestal to begin with, but also because how do you really come up with a good listing price? Homes in that price range aren't apples to apples comparisons like other cookie cutter neighborhoods.. So much grey area when you're well into the millions. While I don't believe it's rocket science to come up with a sound listing price, I do wonder, for example, if you had 10 different agents comp a Port Royal home that sold for 25 million back in 2012 what they would list if for now, and how much of a range you would have between them all. Of course obviously the hardest part isn't comping the property but getting in front of a lead like that who wants to sell their property in the first place.

I think the biggest questions would be about marketing the property, which I know very little about, but proven brokerages like John R Woods and William Raveis probably have that down to a simple formula as well as some of the boutique luxury brokerages around Olde Naples.

I'm guessing there would be thousands and thousands of dollars of up front cost for marketing a property like that, or should I say advertising a property like that.....

From a settlement statement perspective you really are dealing with just the same moving parts as you would a 400k home.. You're going to have all your typical closing cost associated with any property but with just some more zeros.

As far as the waterfront property expert comment I understand you were talking about another associate in your brokerage but I am just busting your chops because you're the one that used the label.

I think agents take too much credit when things go well, and take too much blame when things don't go well. If something is priced right it will sell and the agent becomes less of a factor to the transaction.

Yesterday I spent about an hour dissecting the High Point Country Club in Naples for a Canadian buyer who's looking for another investment. I was going through all the 23 active listings as well as what's sold and looking at obvious things like days on the market, list price to sold price, etc, things any agent would be analyzing. I also was going through some of the what sold and who's taking title to see if there's a lot of corporations in the community, as well as looking at the history of some of the listings. I remember one listing was terminated after 6 months, then after a short 3 month gap a new realtor and brokerage has the same property listed again but for about 40-50k cheaper and sells the unit I think in under 20 days..... Maybe the first listing agent was just desperate to get any listing and told the seller it was worth more then it was, or maybe they really thought it was worth 40-50k more then it was really was, either way it didn't sell until the unit was marketed at a considerably less price, so was it really the new agent who was the relevant factor or price? I'm sure this example is ubiquitous all the time.. Interesting stuff. Real estate is fun. One big ass game.

P.S Here's my future MLS description for a 40 million dollar home listing:

"Really nice house, very big, you'll be balling in this Port Royal home. Imagine everyday rolling up to this house after a long day of golfing and fine dining with your convertible top down blasting Good Life by Kayne West on your car stereo!"
FYI I've been following this thread with amused interest mainly to see if you would really tap out as you say or keep up the snarky comebacks. I think I won my own bet.

And when I come down with my $40M I wouldn't even give that MLS description the time of day. If you really think that is the target market for Naples then I think you are in the wrong market. Good luck with that.

Old 11-30-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slduvall View Post
FYI I've been following this thread with amused interest mainly to see if you would really tap out as you say or keep up the snarky comebacks. I think I won my own bet.

And when I come down with my $40M I wouldn't even give that MLS description the time of day. If you really think that is the target market for Naples then I think you are in the wrong market. Good luck with that.
Hmmm so you’re saying most the Port Royal residents aren’t huge fans of Kayne or Tupac.... what a shock... I can’t believe I’ve been so naive this entire time!

I can relate with any demographic, was born and raised in inner city Chicago, then in early teens moved out to white preppy suburbia, went from wearing Nike to Abercrombie...

I was jokingly mocking how white and preppy the Port Royal area is by using the description. It’s hilarious people like you take things so serious and are applauded by such a description and I don’t care if you have a 100 million to spend, wouldn’t want to work with anyone who has a stick up their butt and takes everything so serious.

Side note, we gotta get some rappers and NBA athletes to buy in the Port Royal area and diversify the culture a little bit, shake things up!

Another day alive to be grateful for, have a good one everyone.

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 11-30-2020 at 07:52 AM..

Old 12-01-2020, 10:20 AM

731 posts, read 768,560 times
[quote=JPrzybylski07;59797726].

"I was jokingly mocking how white and preppy the Port Royal area is by using the description. It’s hilarious people like you take things so serious and are applauded by such a description and I don’t care if you have a 100 million to spend, wouldn’t want to work with anyone who has a stick up their butt and takes everything so serious."

Wow. Some people would say you're racist and stereo typing.

Old 12-01-2020, 10:31 AM

[quote=bbtondo;59807774]
Quote:

"I was jokingly mocking how white and preppy the Port Royal area is by using the description. It’s hilarious people like you take things so serious and are applauded by such a description and I don’t care if you have a 100 million to spend, wouldn’t want to work with anyone who has a stick up their butt and takes everything so serious."

Wow. Some people would say you're racist and stereo typing.
Accurate observations don’t make someone racist. There are a lot of white people in Port Royal who don’t like Kayne West or Tupac.

Old 12-01-2020, 03:56 PM

1,847 posts, read 3,728,837 times
Quote:
Hmmm so you’re saying most the Port Royal residents aren’t huge fans of Kayne or Tupac.... what a shock... I can’t believe I’ve been so naive this entire time!

I can relate with any demographic, was born and raised in inner city Chicago, then in early teens moved out to white preppy suburbia, went from wearing Nike to Abercrombie...

I was jokingly mocking how white and preppy the Port Royal area is by using the description. It’s hilarious people like you take things so serious and are applauded by such a description and I don’t care if you have a 100 million to spend, wouldn’t want to work with anyone who has a stick up their butt and takes everything so serious.

Side note, we gotta get some rappers and NBA athletes to buy in the Port Royal area and diversify the culture a little bit, shake things up!

Another day alive to be grateful for, have a good one everyone.
You took the bait. As any narcissist would. Your posts are only ever about you. Never about the area. They may start out at informative but quickly turn to you. You know nothing about me, but your comments tell me everything I need to know about you.

Old 12-02-2020, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slduvall View Post
You took the bait. As any narcissist would. Your posts are only ever about you. Never about the area. They may start out at informative but quickly turn to you. You know nothing about me, but your comments tell me everything I need to know about you.
Is that all the bait you got? Not really that impressed... if you come down with your 40 million dollars there’s plenty of bait shops around town to buy some more from!

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 12-02-2020 at 04:52 AM..

Old 12-02-2020, 10:59 AM

731 posts, read 768,560 times
[quote=JPrzybylski07;59807881]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post

Accurate observations don’t make someone racist. There are a lot of white people in Port Royal who don’t like Kayne West or Tupac.
Really? Have you taken a poll?

Old 12-03-2020, 06:19 AM

[quote=bbtondo;59816336]
Quote:

Really? Have you taken a poll?
Yes of course I did
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples