Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 12:01 PM

1,107 posts, read 552,934 times

Advertisements

[quote=JPrzybylski07;59822635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post

Yes of course I did
Wow, you're an arrogant and cocky SOB, aren't you? I'm far from being ready to buy a $40mm house from anyone, but I can tell you one thing -- I wouldn't buy a toothbrush from someone like you. A little humility and a healthy level of respect for the client and the product are essential in any sales setting. If I were you, I'd try a career that doesn't involve interacting with people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2020, 04:07 PM

1,107 posts, read 552,934 times
The post I replied to and quoted above was by JPrzybylski07. I don't know why the quote is showing as being posted by bbtondo. Weird.

Old 12-04-2020, 05:18 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,216,687 times
[quote=562026;59825517]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post

Wow, you're an arrogant and cocky SOB, aren't you? I'm far from being ready to buy a $40mm house from anyone, but I can tell you one thing -- I wouldn't buy a toothbrush from someone like you. A little humility and a healthy level of respect for the client and the product are essential in any sales setting. If I were you, I'd try a career that doesn't involve interacting with people.
Speaking of toothbrushes... I was at Spouts Farmer’s market a few weeks ago and took a chance buying this $7 dollar supposedly advertised best toothbrush ever and let’s just say it was such a good brush I bought another one when I was shopping there again. This brush is better then a $100 electric one I’ve been using put it that way...

This ironically isn’t a joke and here’s the link to the product which I’m not affiliated at all with:

https://www.mouthwatchers.com/

And the thing about people is not everyone is going to like you and just because I’m in sales doesn’t mean I’m going to like everyone either. I’m not a jaded person by any means and genuinely get along with most people from all walks of life but trying to go around getting everyone to be your friend and like you is just an impossible endeavor.. the good thing about being in sales especially is you face a lot of rejection and develop a thick skin.

You’re not me, I didn’t ask for your advice and I definitely don’t need you to do my thinking for me.

Check out that toothbrush though honestly!! LOL

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 12-04-2020 at 05:31 AM..

Old 12-08-2020, 05:17 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Like your post prior about not dressing up because it isn't needed, this quote above shows your lack of experience in the real estate market.

Waterfront homes do require someone with knowledge of how to sell them to best represent you, and the fact that you aren't aware of that and are a licensed agent, further proves my point.

:
Yep, you sure do. Seawalls, surveys, dockage, fixed bridges, swimming pools, etc.

Quote:

I’ve solely been a buyer’s agents. Turned down a few listings. .
Why would you ever turn down a listing as an agent?

I've never in my past six years as an active agent heard of anyone ever to turn down a listing.

Even from an insane owner.

Old 12-08-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Yep, you sure do. Seawalls, surveys, dockage, fixed bridges, swimming pools, etc.

Why would you ever turn down a listing as an agent?

I've never in my past six years as an active agent heard of anyone ever to turn down a listing.

Even from an insane owner.
I just wasn’t enthusiastic nor gave a **** about a 170k condo in Glen Eagle.

Boring.

Actually Naples has become quite boring to me which is why I’m planning on driving to Phoenix this weekend, and staying there possibly long term....

So Marc can have City Data Naples Forum all to himself again LOL

And side note: I spent a few hours connecting with a commercial broker this past week out of Tampa and if I do stick with real estate that seems much more suited for my personality then residential.

Residential real estate is all about being a people’s person, and I am learning through multiple channels including here that I am not one... Mr. Prospect I don’t give a **** about your kids names or being friends with you, all I care about is numbers and facts.

Anyways Phoenix seems like an intriguing place so I’ll check that out more extensively this time and maybe never come back. Was there in June and 105 degrees with no humidity feels lovely actually LOL.

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 12-08-2020 at 06:23 PM..

Old 12-08-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:
I just wasn’t enthusiastic nor gave a **** about a 170k condo in Glen Eagle.

Boring.

Actually Naples has become quite boring to me which is why I’m planning on driving to Phoenix this weekend, and staying there possibly long term....

And side note: I spent a few hours connecting with a commercial broker this past week out of Tampa and if I do stick with real estate that seems much more suited for my personality then residential.

Residential real estate is all about being a people’s person, and I am learning through multiple channels including here that I am not one... Mr. Prospect I don’t give a **** about your kids names or being friends with you, all I care about is numbers and facts.

Anyways Phoenix seems like an intriguing place so I’ll check that out more extensively this time and maybe never come back. Was there in June and 105 degrees with no humidity feels lovely actually LOL.
I'd never turn down a $5000 commission check.

You can have commercial real estate. It takes years to figure it out and get paid.

Old 12-09-2020, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I'd never turn down a $5000 commission check.

You can have commercial real estate. It takes years to figure it out and get paid.
I can’t speak from personal experience obviously on commercial but taking years to get one deal seems excessively long especially if you are consistently pounding the phones and making cold calls everyday.

But yes commercial is a whole different ball game. There’s no right or wrong just depends on what works for the individual. To me there’s just too much emotion involved with residential real estate and dealing with people in that capacity and that’s why I found out it’s not a good long term fit.

Old 12-09-2020, 07:11 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,357,665 times
Quote:
Dude you're obsessed with me. I stopped responding and let you have the last word and here we are weeks later still talking about me.

Once again for the people in the back "I DON'T SELL REAL ESTATE IN NAPLES." "I MANAGE & TRAIN AGENTS IN A COMPANY THAT DOES"

Old 12-09-2020, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Dude you're obsessed with me. I stopped responding and let you have the last word and here we are weeks later still talking about me.

Once again for the people in the back "I DON'T SELL REAL ESTATE IN NAPLES." "I MANAGE & TRAIN AGENTS IN A COMPANY THAT DOES"
Lol. Okay wow duly noted.

Are you breaking up with me??

Old 12-09-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I can’t speak from personal experience obviously on commercial but taking years to get one deal seems excessively long especially if you are consistently pounding the phones and making cold calls everyday.

In commercial real estate you never get paid when the client signs. It can take years to get paid.

The deals are stupid long.

Commercial real estate isn't cold calls. You spend years cultivating clients. They spend years searching properties.

With your lack of knowledge, I'd go have a long talk with a commercial agent before you jump ship. It's a very long, drawn out process.

It just works differently than residential. Also, you'll need about two years of savings if you want to completely stop selling residential.

Also, the laws are different and different cities have different building codes of which you will have to know.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples