Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2011, 08:22 PM

24 posts, read 50,018 times

Advertisements

Ok so I'm new to nashville or for those that have read my previous post! I'm here!!....I love love love it! Its such a great place...everyone so far has been nice but I'm having a hard time finding friends..I'm a 29 year old gay man that isn't into the bar scene really. I've been a couple of times since moving (dec 29) and had fun but rather do other things. I do have a brother here but at the same time would like a group of friends to hang out with. Not sure if nashville has a glbt community center here or not. Luckily I stay busy with work...also any suggestions for places to check out now that the weather is getting nicer please feel free to share! Id really like to get out and explore the city! Thanks y'all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 08:40 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
I'm straight so am probably not the best resource here...but I'd suggest looking in the East Nashville area. It's probably the most progressive part of town and is very glbt friendly. Likewise, check out the Vanderbilt/West End/Hillsboro Village area and Germantown.

Best of luck finding a spot to fit in this wonderful city. Please let us know if we can help!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:16 AM

34 posts, read 87,884 times
Not sure if you are into rec league sports or outdoor activities but www.nashvillesportsleagues.com and www.teamgreenadventures.com are 2 organizations that I belong to and have found are great for making new friends and staying busy.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 AM

374 posts, read 693,467 times
Kidd: you might want to check out Meetup.com to see if there are any local groups you're interested in.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:19 PM

597 posts, read 2,109,069 times
Google is your friend.

OutCentral in Nashville, Tennessee :: Directory Listing | CenterLink - The Community of LGBT Centers

Old 03-14-2011, 03:03 PM

813 posts, read 2,032,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd81 View Post
Ok so I'm new to nashville or for those that have read my previous post! I'm here!!....I love love love it! Its such a great place...everyone so far has been nice but I'm having a hard time finding friends..I'm a 29 year old gay man that isn't into the bar scene really. I've been a couple of times since moving (dec 29) and had fun but rather do other things. I do have a brother here but at the same time would like a group of friends to hang out with. Not sure if nashville has a glbt community center here or not. Luckily I stay busy with work...also any suggestions for places to check out now that the weather is getting nicer please feel free to share! Id really like to get out and explore the city! Thanks y'all!

I'm glad you are settling in well. I remember your posts from when you were looking for a place to stay. What sort of activities are you interested in? Perhaps we can better point you in the right direction if we knew this.

As Dave pointed out, OutCentral is on Church Street sandwiched in between most of the gay bars and nightclubs. I would read Out and About if you want to keep up with the local GLBT happenings. Other GLBT-related organizations that you may or may not have any interest in are Nashville GLBT Chamber of Commerce, Nashville Pride and/or Nashville Black Pride, Nashville Grizzlies (rugby team), HRC, and Metro Nashville Softball Association (they have an extensive list of GLBT and GLBT-friendly organizations on their website if softball is not your cup of tea). Just about all of these have a Facebook presence so you may want to follow them there if you use FB to hear about events.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:58 PM

24 posts, read 50,018 times
Awesome thanks everyone... and ariejow ill private message you

Old 04-05-2011, 07:39 AM

126 posts, read 327,065 times
I live in East Nashville and have several gay friends. I know and understand that you do the bar scene but I do know there is a very large gay community that gets together for other events around here.

good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: