Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 05:18 PM

110 posts, read 491,288 times

Advertisements

City and metro area. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 07:13 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,157,910 times
Hard question to answer. That's like asking how safe is the United States. It depends on where in the Nashville area you are talking about. Can you be more specific?

Old 02-03-2009, 07:41 PM

149 posts, read 478,546 times
In the metro, avoid Antioch, Madison, Bordeaux, Inglewood, and Trinty Hills. Now, all these suburbs have good areas aw well. As for city limits, North, South, East, and West Nashville all have bad areas. You can not avoid that with a city of 600,000 people. Some are worst than others, such as North Nashville and East Nashville. However, when you see a run down area, you know it. Just avoid that. I hope this helped.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:08 PM

180 posts, read 597,102 times
East Nashville really isn't that bad. There are parts that are very thriving and very alive!

Old 02-03-2009, 08:18 PM

427 posts, read 1,308,366 times
I live in Madison, and most of it is just fine. A search on other threads about this will provide more information.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBNA View Post
East Nashville really isn't that bad. There are parts that are very thriving and very alive!
And there are part that are dead and gone!

Old 02-03-2009, 08:44 PM

110 posts, read 491,288 times
I was just wondering what parts of the city are safe as well as the neighborhoods that are dangerous.

How much of the city is dangerous percentage wise?

Old 02-03-2009, 08:54 PM

Like is said, bad parts everywhere. I will guess you mean city limits. I would say 80% of North Nashville is bad. 45% of East Nashville. 25% of West Nashville. And, 30% of South Nashville. That is about 45% of Nashville. (Probably not accurate, and even if it was, there are far worst cities.)

Old 02-03-2009, 08:56 PM

957 posts, read 3,700,775 times
You can't really describe it like that. If I were looking for an area with least possible chance of running into any crime, I'd choose the West side. If I were looking for a gun fight, I'd probably head to the North end.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:58 PM

427 posts, read 1,308,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelingman View Post
I was just wondering what parts of the city are safe as well as dangerous.
Like most cities, the character of an area can change within blocks. Distances in the city are different than in the country. In the suburbs or rural areas, you might have to go a couple of miles before seeing a difference. In the city, though, space is more compressed.

And there's crime everywhere. Murders and home invasions in Green Hills. Gangs in Franklin. Anytime you have a lot of people living in one place, there's the potential for trouble. There are no "safe" areas. Some have less crime than others, but none are crime free.

And even in those areas where crime's a little higher, the odds of being a victim drop dramatically for those who aren't involved in drugs or other illegal activities.

I moved to Nashville twenty years ago. Lived across Blakemore from Vandy for a couple of years with no trouble. The year I moved, though, there were a couple of drive-bys only a block away from my apartment.

Lived in Gallatin near the hospital for about ten years. No problems.

Now I live in Madison, and have been here about six years. My partner's truck was broken into one night, but other than that, no trouble at all. My neighborhood's quiet, and I feel as safe here as I have anywhere I've lived.

Twenty years, different neighborhoods, no issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville