Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 09:47 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yes, they are amazingly protective. some of these located their nests less than 10 feet from the driveway, so they tended to freak out every time a car went by..

Crazy Ass Goose! - YouTube

lol!

Goose Attacks
That is one amazing goose! Must have had previous bad experience with a dog. And kept going after the boat! Thanks for the tips on how to respond to an angry goose!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
This is a picture I took on a trip to Galveston last year.
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
Here's my nature shot for the week. My bella donna lilies started blooming a few days ago. I took this photo just before I left for work yesterday morning. Couldn't resist grabbing my camera when I saw how the early-morning sun shone on the garden.

Lovely Lilies!

Old 08-19-2011, 10:03 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
THanks for the beautiful photos, everyone.

THis is frog season in SW Florida. Every night, some stupid frog (the ones w/the suction cup feet) climbs up my bedroom window just to watch my cats go nuts. That's one frog with a warped sense of humor, IMO. This morning, we saw all sorts of really tiny little frogs in our plants and climbing up the side of the house (not on the window!).
I love frogs! Pictures, please!

Old 08-19-2011, 10:39 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,832,228 times
Quote:

THis is frog season in SW Florida. Every night, some stupid frog (the ones w/the suction cup feet) climbs up my bedroom window just to watch my cats go nuts. That's one frog with a warped sense of humor, IMO. This morning, we saw all sorts of really tiny little frogs in our plants and climbing up the side of the house (not on the window!).
This really made me laugh. I love frogs....and I can only imagine how crazy your cats were going.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
The loveliness of nature. A delightful place they are living. Don't miss the deer licking the cat at the beginning.

Doggy and the Deer, They are best friends
Loved this Kitty, it is so touching. They obviously live in harmony together. Beautiful.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Here's a picture I took a while back at the botanic garden.
My son and I used to feed the geese every day. We have thousands of them around here. Soon it will be fall, and they will be gathering. Their devotion to eachother, and to their young is amazing. Something the human race has yet to figure out.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:38 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
I love frogs! Pictures, please!
I wish I could, but I've not been able to master posting photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
This really made me laugh. I love frogs....and I can only imagine how crazy your cats were going.
Tell ya what...the next time Bandit decides to go for one at 3 a.m., I'll give ya a call.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:

Cats and I have not seen frogs on the windows yet here in Florida. But in Texas it was a regular thing and since it was always one frog, I did wonder if it was the same one growing old while annoying the cats. The cats do go nuts with frog-watching-slapping-pawing-can't get it.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:16 PM

8,578 posts, read 7,075,290 times
We had some visitors in our driveway yesterday...

Since my husband and grandson decided to feed them, DH got the job of washing down the driveway. They left a mess....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature