Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 06:14 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,237 times

Advertisements

LOL! LOL! LOL!

DARE TO DREAM, you beat me to it! LOL!

That is so funny!LOL! I think that "COMET" believes women are the

only chocolate addicts "COMET" my friend, please read our

VALENTINES thread We have a very dear friend here, that REALLY

REALLY LOVES CHOCOLATE LOL!

Now, back on topic YUMMY FOOD IDEAS for the DINER MENU

Take care everyone,

Have a wonderful day FULL OF CHOCOLATE!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
The BIG question is........will it be CHOCOLATE covered bacon! (sorry, couldn't resist)

Last edited by countrylv22; 05-12-2008 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: I LOVE THE BACON IDEA FOR THE DINER!!:0) YUMMY!:0) PLEASE KEEP THE IDEAS COMING!:0)GREAT IDEAS EVERYONE!:0)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 01:24 PM

37 posts, read 156,620 times
Comet..
I'm a little late to this thread but do have some suggestions!
In my "former life" I had a Cafeteria Service in several locations. We served B'fast and Lunch. Some of the more popular were -Corned Beef Hash w.Poached eggs-Steak N' Eggs(a sandwich steak)-Eggbeaters as Omlettes or Scrambled(everyone calls them eggbeaters even if the brand is diferent)-Eggs Sandwich on English- and believe it or not, one of our biggest sellers was B'fast Pizza! It is delicious,easy and inexpensive to make=s good profit! I could send you the recipe!(Oh..once in a while we'd do creamed chipped beef on toast-the old timers loved it!)
Good luck with your dream....
Joan

Last edited by NeverTooLate; 06-05-2008 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: grammer

Old 06-05-2008, 02:34 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverTooLate View Post
Comet..
In my "former life" I had a Cafeteria Service in several locations. We served B'fast and Lunch. Some of the more popular were -Corned Beef Hash w.Poached eggs-Steak N' Eggs(a sandwich steak)-Eggbeaters as Omlettes or Scrambled(everyone calls them eggbeaters even if the brand is diferent)-Eggs Sandwich on English- and believe it or not, one of our biggest sellers was B'fast Pizza! It is delicious,easy and inexpensive to make=s good profit! I could send you the recipe!(Oh..once in a while we'd do creamed chipped beef on toast-the old timers loved it!)
Joan
Hi Joan - There's a thread somewhere here in the NH forum where you can post the recipe for the b'fast pizza, so why not post it for all of us to see?

My dad would have loved your cafeteria service. Every time I took him and my mom to breakfast, he'd order the corned beef hash with a fried egg (over easy) on top!

Old 06-05-2008, 09:28 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,037,076 times
Quote:
We served B'fast and Lunch. Some of the more popular were -Corned Beef Hash w.Poached eggs
I'm curious - cause I've never seen anyone mention it- has red flannel hash been forgotten? Or was that just a VT thing?

(welcome to the forum, Joan!)

Old 06-06-2008, 09:20 AM

452 posts, read 1,734,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
I'm curious - cause I've never seen anyone mention it- has red flannel hash been forgotten? Or was that just a VT thing?
Well, not in our kitchen. We don't serve it often. Mostly due to the fact that we need the right ingredients to occur at the same moment, such as leftover roast beef and, most important, garden fresh beets!!!

Old 06-06-2008, 08:23 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,037,076 times
my DH would love to try it (he does like beets - even pickled ) but as I recall, I wasn't terribly thrilled about the stuff - of course, I'm a known picky eater

Old 06-14-2008, 11:44 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,237 times
Talking Hello Never Too Late!! THUMBS UP!!!!!:0)

WELCOME TO THE FORUM JOAN!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR GREAT INPUT!

Take care!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Comet..
Joan

Last edited by countrylv22; 06-14-2008 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU! :0) :0) PEACE EVERYONE! :0):0)

Old 06-17-2008, 10:59 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,973 times
Quote:
Comet..
Joan
Would love to see some of those recipes! Hope to see you more on thoe NH Forum! You are a great addition! Thanks again Comet!

Old 06-18-2008, 06:46 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,306,149 times
Talking chocolate chip pancakes yum yum

i love having breakfast for diner. when i met my wife she never had it before. but now she loves it. i told her, i said breakfast doesn't have to be just for breakfast. i got her into eating pancakes for diner when i was working third shift. i said to her, since i slept all day. would you want to have a diner when you just woke up in the morning ? of coarse not , you would want to have breakfast. so , needless to say i don't work third shift anymore but the breakfast for diner thing has stuck and she really loves it. which is fine with me , because i was raised that way so it's nothing new to me.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:07 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
i love having breakfast for diner. when i met my wife she never had it before. but now she loves it. i told her, i said breakfast doesn't have to be just for breakfast. i got her into eating pancakes for diner when i was working third shift. i said to her, since i slept all day. would you want to have a diner when you just woke up in the morning ? of coarse not , you would want to have breakfast. so , needless to say i don't work third shift anymore but the breakfast for diner thing has stuck and she really loves it. which is fine with me , because i was raised that way so it's nothing new to me.
JFRRACING, SURE SOMETIMES i LIKE DOING the breakfast thing during the evening however, even though my favorite thing is a good cup of coffee after my dinner I try not to do that, as the coffee that late in the evening really amps me up and I cannot fall asleep!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire