Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:24 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,636 times

Advertisements

As many of you on this board know, I am researching which Small town in New Hampshire (from about 2,000 to 10,000 population) would best fit my dream diner. Please look over my on going Breakfast Menu. I would appreciate your suggestions for the menu as well! Thanks!
Red White & Blue Breakfast 1
Country Fresh Eggs 3 any style, with our special grilled potatoes, toast, and jelly.
Add Ham, Virginia Sperryville Bacon, or Louisiana Sausage or T Bone Steak. Hash Browns upon request.
Red White & Blue Breakfast 2
Diced Ham & Eggs with Green Onions, grilled potatoes, and toast.
Red White & Blue Breakfast 3
3-Short Stack or Waffle or 2 large Stack with one egg and two slices of Sperryville Virginia bacon or sausage
Your Jewish Mom’s Favorite Breakfast
Fantastic Lox (Smoked Salmon) with Your Choice of bagel (toasted or plain), (Plain, Garlic or Poppy), Philly Cream Cheese, Hellmann’s Mayo, butter, Sour Cream, White Onion, Capers, Tomato, Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolate is included.

Father O’Grady’s Hangover Fix
12oz tomato juice (we will blend an egg in at your request)
Cream of Wheat
2 Eggs, Sperryville Virginia Bacon and Irish Soda Bread,
Double Espresso

Momma Marie’s Hale Mary Prayer Beads Breakfast
Croissant Casserole,
Fresh Squeezed Orange or Grapefruit Juice
Single Espresso

SoulTrain Breakfast
Creamy Sweet Breakfast Grits
Spicy Louisiana Grilled Sausage
Corn Bread
Coffee, Tea, or a glass of Milk

Juices and Fruits
Pineapple, Tomato or Apple Juice
Fruit Bowl of fresh fruit in season
Sliced Bananas plain or add cottage cheese
Half Grapefruit or Melon in season

Cereals and Homemade Muffins

Homemade Muffins Baked Fresh Daily Hot or Cold
Cereal served with Whole Milk, 2% or Skim Milk
Cream of Wheat
Oatmeal
Wheatena
Raisins
Bannas

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 09:56 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,703,789 times
where's the omelets? french toast? and a "dieters" breakfast and kids meal type thing...those are my suggestions, now I gotta get out of here before I gain the 25 pounds I lost back LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
As many of you on this board know, I am researching which Small town in New Hampshire (from about 2,000 to 10,000 population) would best fit my dream diner. Please look over my on going Breakfast Menu. I would appreciate your suggestions for the menu as well! Thanks!
Red White & Blue Breakfast 1
Country Fresh Eggs 3 any style, with our special grilled potatoes, toast, and jelly.
Add Ham, Virginia Sperryville Bacon, or Louisiana Sausage or T Bone Steak. Hash Browns upon request.
Red White & Blue Breakfast 2
Diced Ham & Eggs with Green Onions, grilled potatoes, and toast.
Red White & Blue Breakfast 3
3-Short Stack or Waffle or 2 large Stack with one egg and two slices of Sperryville Virginia bacon or sausage
Your Jewish Mom’s Favorite Breakfast
Fantastic Lox (Smoked Salmon) with Your Choice of bagel (toasted or plain), (Plain, Garlic or Poppy), Philly Cream Cheese, Hellmann’s Mayo, butter, Sour Cream, White Onion, Capers, Tomato, Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolate is included.

Father O’Grady’s Hangover Fix
12oz tomato juice (we will blend an egg in at your request)
Cream of Wheat
2 Eggs, Sperryville Virginia Bacon and Irish Soda Bread,
Double Espresso

Croissant Casserole,
Single Espresso

SoulTrain Breakfast
Creamy Sweet Breakfast Grits
Spicy Louisiana Grilled Sausage
Corn Bread
Coffee, Tea, or a glass of Milk

Juices and Fruits
Pineapple, Tomato or Apple Juice
Fruit Bowl of fresh fruit in season
Sliced Bananas plain or add cottage cheese
Half Grapefruit or Melon in season

Cereals and Homemade Muffins
Homemade Muffins Baked Fresh Daily Hot or Cold
Cereal served with Whole Milk, 2% or Skim Milk
Cream of Wheat
Oatmeal
Wheatena
Raisins
Bannas

Old 05-05-2008, 05:24 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
where's the omelets? french toast? and a "dieters" breakfast and kids meal type thing...those are my suggestions, now I gotta get out of here before I gain the 25 pounds I lost back LOL
I agree with NH2NCMom - Where's the french toast???????

Seriously - sounds pretty good, actually and you seem to have a lot of bases covered. The juices and fruits could 'cover' the dieter's breakfast. Kids meal would be good, too, if only "downsizing" some of the main menu items for kids.....but you have to add french toast!

One thing I noticed in the diner up here is the "disclaimer" at the bottom of the menu having to do with uncooked or under-cooked eggs and illness, so you'd probably want to add something about that - especially in the "hangover fix." I didn't pay much attention to it because I usually have....you guessed it - French Toast!

The Wheatena would draw my husband in - he loves it and we can't find it up here - we had relatives sending it to us from NY and finally bought a case via the internet so he could get his "fix"

Did I mention you need French Toast on the menu, too?

Old 05-05-2008, 06:09 AM

951 posts, read 1,655,407 times
I'm with the other two: French Toast and omeletes.

Remember, you can't make breakfast too fancy. You want people to come back (regulars!) and if you offer a decent breakfast at a decent price, you'll succeed. When places start to get fancy and outprice themselves, you lose the local faithful. Gaining their trust is where the rubber meets the road.

Short of that, I like the choices. The "SoulTrain" sounds great! You need an egg choice to go with it though. I love grits!! I make them at least once a week! Yum!

Old 05-05-2008, 06:15 AM
j1n

1,245 posts, read 4,660,333 times
how about some eggs benedict? Mabe the "Benedict Arnold"?

Old 05-05-2008, 06:16 AM

Okay - Can someone explain grits to me???? I've never had them......yes, I guess I've lived a sheltered life......

Old 05-05-2008, 06:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
D to D - Be careful what you wish for. You may get it.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:00 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,036,022 times
Quote:
looks tasty to me. but.. ok, I'm the literal sort, and not being raised Catholic.. maybe my lack of sense of humor is showing, but.... shouldn't it be 'Hail Mary'? or is it a pun on hale and hearty?? sorry, I confuse easily.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
D to D - Be careful what you wish for. You may get it.
That bad?????

Old 05-05-2008, 07:42 AM

1,282 posts, read 3,703,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Okay - Can someone explain grits to me???? I've never had them......yes, I guess I've lived a sheltered life......
Grits is "sorta" like Cream of Wheat but made out of corn. It is coarser than corn meal (grind up grits more and you have corn meal) and they usually put bacon, butter, and other stuff in them. It isn't 'sweet' it's more "mealy". It is a southern breakfast for sure. To me it is 'disgusting' LOL I want my Cream of Wheat. Of course my husband is as southern as they make em and he loves grits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire