Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 07:13 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,033,730 times

Advertisements

So move out, or go to town meeting and push to get it changed. The town zoning is decided on by the town. If the town wants to change it's laws, that's its right. It is not the right of the state to tell any town how to run itself. If a town chooses to levy high taxes, or require more acreage than a lower paid worker can afford.. that's it's business. Who says one must live in the town one works in (aside from DC city employees)?

Quote:
if we want to have our lower wage workers actually live in town
And why am I concerned where any employee lives -whether in town or out of it? Lots of people commute.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:29 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,451,560 times
Exactly. The country has been on a fast track to a more level and equal society regardless of skill, effort, ethics (and other things but those specifically apply here but I am trying to stay on topic) using the distorted civil rights platform to get there. I cannot imagine a state or federal government accomodating my hard earned quality of life so that I would not have to commute. Accomodations and entitlements bring us closer to communism every day and it is shocking how lazy and brainwashed society has become, how eager to stand in line to be saved from ourselves.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:00 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,266,228 times
Again this is a relocation forum, not a political forum. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire