Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 05:51 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyr908 View Post
will they make a rail to the Leigh Valley Area? We have TONS of folks who travel back to NJ. My whole new development does.
Well it will go to Philpsburg , one will be the restored Raritan Valley line , and another will be the restored line to Dover. They cost a total of 120million$$ and would add up to 70,000+ commuters. NJT is currently restoring the Lackawanna line into Stroudsburg , these 2 lines are next. It would go into PA intill the late 2020s , Septa wants to restore service back to Allentown aswell. But the Philpsburg lines should be restored by the end of the decade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 07:04 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,886,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Well it will go to Philpsburg , one will be the restored Raritan Valley line , and another will be the restored line to Dover. They cost a total of 120million$$ and would add up to 70,000+ commuters. NJT is currently restoring the Lackawanna line into Stroudsburg , these 2 lines are next. It would go into PA intill the late 2020s , Septa wants to restore service back to Allentown aswell. But the Philpsburg lines should be restored by the end of the decade.
He should be right, or at least close to it (although he is the guru, I find myself usually being the one to say, "uhhh, not anymore, sorry"), but I haven't seen anything to the contrary. I think it's going to be Septa, or the creation of a "Nepta" that is going to need to make the big push.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:58 AM

132 posts, read 290,069 times
Quote:
You can take the Boonton line form Downtown Dover to Mountain Lakes , the problem is the walk ,there are no sidewalks. Most large and Medium Employers will have a shuttle for Employees to take to and form the train station. The Train takes 11 mins between the 2 stations. A monthly costs 75.00$$ and there are only 4 trains on this route. 5.48 , 6.41 , 7.37 , & 8.56 am and the 3.43 , 5.33 , 6.20 , 6.51 , 7.29 , 8.18 , 10.10 , 11.21pm, and 2.05am

Thanks so much.
Yesterday a co-worker tried that route, but it was too dark it scared us both!!!! What about Bears???

Old 11-09-2010, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoyeno View Post
Thanks so much.
Another question: where do I take the shuttle back from Waterview (or near waterview) in Parsippany to Mountain Lakes?
I'm not sure , most companies will shuttle there employees to and form the station in that area. Since alot of them use the train to commute in , but not all companies do. Unfortnatly this area has no sidewalks which is odd for that part of Jersey , so i wouldn't recommend walking. But give the area , i'm sure your employer can provide something.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:04 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure , most companies will shuttle there employees to and form the station in that area. Since alot of them use the train to commute in , but not all companies do. Unfortnatly this area has no sidewalks which is odd for that part of Jersey , so i wouldn't recommend walking. But give the area , i'm sure your employer can provide something.
thanks, THIS is an interesting thread, very informative!!!!

Old 11-09-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:

its a scary walking route!!!! it really is

Old 11-09-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoyeno View Post
its a scary walking route!!!! it really is
Yes , otherwise it would be the easiest commute in the world?

Old 11-14-2010, 05:17 PM

4 posts, read 7,789 times
Considering a move to Bergenfield, NJ in the next few months. Can you please share your wisest and most cost effective commute options into the Chelsea area (W 24th and 5th area)?

Last edited by stressedoutcommuter714; 11-14-2010 at 05:35 PM..

Old 11-15-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedoutcommuter714 View Post
Considering a move to Bergenfield, NJ in the next few months. Can you please share your wisest and most cost effective commute options into the Chelsea area (W 24th and 5th area)?
You can take a Bus although i'm not sure which. You can drive over to River Edge Station and take the train to New York Penn via Secaucus JCT. It costs 7.25 one way and 208.00 for a monthly.......it takes about 48 mins on a good day. The Switch @ Secaucus JCT takes 5 mins , i would get something to eat there or use the last clean restroom before you enter NYC Most ppl do that. In NYC you can take the PATH train form 33rd to 23rd Street and then walk a block over and up. If you hear of the Tunnels having problems in the Morning which every few weeks there is , you go to Hoboken and take the PATH train up to 23rd Street. River Edge to Hoboken is 6.00$ and the PATH is 1.75$ , some ppl find taking the train to Hoboken and the PATH easier then taking NJT into NYC.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:51 PM

4 posts, read 7,789 times
Talking River Edge to Hoboken....

Quote:
You can take a Bus although i'm not sure which. You can drive over to River Edge Station and take the train to New York Penn via Secaucus JCT. It costs 7.25 one way and 208.00 for a monthly.......it takes about 48 mins on a good day. The Switch @ Secaucus JCT takes 5 mins , i would get something to eat there or use the last clean restroom before you enter NYC Most ppl do that. In NYC you can take the PATH train form 33rd to 23rd Street and then walk a block over and up. If you hear of the Tunnels having problems in the Morning which every few weeks there is , you go to Hoboken and take the PATH train up to 23rd Street. River Edge to Hoboken is 6.00$ and the PATH is 1.75$ , some ppl find taking the train to Hoboken and the PATH easier then taking NJT into NYC.

What can you tell me about parking rates/ease of availability without having to park MILES away if traveling anywhere from 7:45-8:20 am? I currently commute from Lyndhurst to Hoboken and then Path to 23rd st. It would be IDEAL if I could mirror this commute to some extent from this new location. Would you know what the monthly River Edge to Hoboken pass would be?

Thanks in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey