Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 02:22 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyersd View Post
Might be because a lot of people aren't natives of NJ anymore. Since 9/11, a lot of people from NY and other states have moved in...
There been douchebags here before 9/11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 02:29 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,885,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
This is true, I suppose it's a case of you're seeing what you want to see. You are subconsciously looking for such people, and in turn finding them more and noticing them more. Honestly, I've never had a problem with NJ people, and usually find that they have a similar sense of humor.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:32 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
how long have you been living in nj?

Old 10-14-2010, 06:53 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Snooki? Is that you?
Its a Jersey thing

Old 10-14-2010, 07:20 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,817,095 times
[quote=MattClyde;16265411]Its a Jersey thing

I can't believe south park did that about NJ- They claimed Snooki was from NJ, when when she's from NY-- They really are ripping NJ apart in the media, it's been really misguided, and it's really NY that should be taking the punches... Anyway, I thought the clip was hilarious regardless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdvBi...layer_embedded

Old 10-14-2010, 08:08 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
people in nj arent mean to you (for the most part) unless you are mean to them (sometimes you may even give off a mean vibe or attitude and you dont even know it). you are someone who is probably going to get people being mean to you because you are an angry negative person.
Yep!
NJ is all about approach. How you present yourself to others is the exact response you are going to get from them (Most of the time. Nothing in life is 100%).
If I'm in a rush, I present myself that way & people respond accordingly. So on & so fourth.
It's quite an easy system of social ques in my opinion.
I run across people of all sorts everyday. Some are queuing kindness, other insular behavior.
People in other parts of the country seem accustom to wading through a mask of pleasantries in order to detect social ques. New Jersey is just not that way.
I actually appreciate it.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
how long have you been living in nj?
20 years and even when I was a kid, I've encountered mean and angry people who were way older than me as in teenagers and adults that would take their anger out on me or other kids around my age. And I mean not only as words but as in beatdowns. So just imagine having a somebody beat you up, insulting you for no reason and you're 8 years old and they're 16, 25, or 30 years old. There was even some dudes that were 20 plus year olds that thought it would be funny to pay my bro, my then friend and me 5 dollars to beat each other up while they sat there and laughed at us and we were kids. So I find the whole Jersey attitude not hard to believe. This place has some people with anger issues so if I sound hostile to you, blame them.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:39 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:
20 years and even when I was a kid, I've encountered mean and angry people who were way older than me as in teenagers and adults that would take their anger out on me or other kids around my age. And I mean not as words but as in beatdowns. So I find the whole Jersey attitude not hard to believe. This place has some people with anger issues so if I sound hostile to you, blame them.
way to take responsibility for your actions!!!

Old 10-15-2010, 12:49 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,885,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Yep!
NJ is all about approach. How you present yourself to others is the exact response you are going to get from them (Most of the time. Nothing in life is 100%).
If I'm in a rush, I present myself that way & people respond accordingly. So on & so fourth.
It's quite an easy system of social ques in my opinion.
I run across people of all sorts everyday. Some are queuing kindness, other insular behavior.
People in other parts of the country seem accustom to wading through a mask of pleasantries in order to detect social ques. New Jersey is just not that way.
I actually appreciate it.
Agreed.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
way to take responsibility for your actions!!!
Sorry but that's how my environment made me and I was living in a suburb like area. I'm a nice person but I'm real weary of people to the point where I get paranoid and have trust issues. I'm sure I would have a different view of things if things were different. I still run into people who are rude as hell like this one ahole that stepped up to me with an attitude at my job and got in my face when I asked him a simple question since he wasn't being clear with what he said. Being rude is the norm out here. Why are people so mad and rude out here and people are acting like what I saying is nonsense.

And not going to take responsibility for somebody elses issues. Not me. That person needs a hug and help. I'm not saying that I'm perfect but hey, these people love dishing negativity and are so arrogant that they don't realize THEY are the ones with the problem not the ones wondering why those people are rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey