Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,374 times

Advertisements

Hi, plz provide the number of this cleaning service. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 04:46 PM

60 posts, read 142,532 times
Some folks wrote that construction people were
Stealing electricity, But I didn't find any electrical
Outlet outside my home.. Can someone please
Let me know where is outlet , as there is construction going near my home.

Thanks!

Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTG007 View Post
I didn't find any electrical
Outlet outside my home.. Can someone please
Let me know where is outlet
The national electrical code specifies that there should be an outlet next to your front door, and also next to one of your rear entrances. If there are none, then the builder is in violation of the electrical code.

More than likely, those outlets are there. Seek, and ye shall find!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:19 PM

60 posts, read 142,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
The national electrical code specifies that there should be an outlet next to your front door, and also next to one of your rear entrances. If there are none, then the builder is in violation of the electrical code.

More than likely, those outlets are there. Seek, and ye shall find!
Thanks Retriever, will check those things.
I like the quote ' Seek, and ye shall find!'👏

Old 02-26-2013, 08:40 AM

283 posts, read 667,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTG007 View Post
Thanks Retriever, will check those things.
I like the quote ' Seek, and ye shall find!'👏
GTG007

There are 3 outlets provided outside the home, in front entrance, near back entrance and on the side. They are covered with plastic covers. Best thing will be to put a small tape so that no one will open it.

While walking around the home, I found a small leak in the pressure control valve (located on 3/4" waterline from basement to plastic pipe for sprinkler) and the water pool formed in grass I shut-off the valve to stop leakage. Now I make it a practice to take a round around the home every few days.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Upadhyaya View Post

There are 3 outlets provided outside the home, in front entrance, near back entrance and on the side. They are covered with plastic covers. Best thing will be to put a small tape so that no one will open it.

Unfortunately, a piece of tape will not deter people from using those outlets if they are determined to do so.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:37 PM

62 posts, read 147,061 times
btw quiet an increase in property tax bill... 0.3% plus if they consider new price which on paper, now has gone up by almost 50k... hats a hefty increase.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:43 PM

62 posts, read 147,061 times
did anyone dive into the solar panel research yet? few weeks back went to a home show in meadowlands and met few consultants. ofcourse they try to sell hard but did anyone has experience or know someone who is planning to pursue.

the only reason i started looking is the prices have gone down plus federal credit ($7500) and one key thing new roof !!

Old 02-26-2013, 01:58 PM

90 posts, read 152,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Upadhyaya View Post
GTG007

While walking around the home, I found a small leak in the pressure control valve (located on 3/4" waterline from basement to plastic pipe for sprinkler) and the water pool formed in grass I shut-off the valve to stop leakage. Now I make it a practice to take a round around the home every few days.
Yogesh - per Pete's instruction after closing, I shut of the valve's in the basement for both sprinklers however the ground is extremely soft/muddy in the back where the sprinkler is located. Is your backyard also muddy? Now that you mention it, I wonder if I might have a leak too.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:24 AM

283 posts, read 667,116 times
Sub: D & C Electrical contractors.

I had pleasant experience with them today. I had exhaust fan in one of the bathrooms making loud noise. I wrote number of emails to Peter, but no response. Finally I wrote to Scott Roger of D&C. He came the very next day with a new fan and replaced the old noisy fan with new one. I really appreciate him. He even offered to clean his shoe marks on floor, which I refused.

I asked him general questions about attic fan and basement humidifier. He told me that attic fans were required in older homes where the attic was air tight and there was no ventilation. By code, modern homes are required to have small natural vent holes all around, hence such fans are not necessary. It may require if there is furnace installed in attic (2nd furnace is usually installed in attic).

About humidifier, he said it helps, but install only if you feel the basement is damp.

These were his views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey