Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 09:19 PM

16 posts, read 28,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Upadhyaya View Post
Guest20:

We are not using any lawn mowing service, but we have seen several signs posted by Maharaj Landscaping, Inc in the complex. Phone: 908-229-3212. We have heard it charges $30 per cutting and 2 cuttings/month, which is quite reasonable (others may insist on coming each week).

Also we have found out that we grossly overpaid for garbage disposal machine (below kitchen sink) to the builder. We paid $850 for the machine. Some homeowners installed it privately with only $250 ($150 for machine, $100 for installation).

Similarly we paid $1200 for two garage door installations. Some ordered with home depot for $600-700.

Yogesh Upadhyaya
Yogesh:

Do you know if we choose to install the garage doors later, would the electrician skips anything (ie: power outlet or wires required for the doors)?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 05:03 AM

283 posts, read 667,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mame2013 View Post
Yogesh:

Do you know if we choose to install the garage doors later, would the electrician skips anything (ie: power outlet or wires required for the doors)?

Thanks,
Mame2013:

No. D&C electircal contractor will install everything that is required with the the purchase of home. The builder provides garage doors. Only the garage door opener (motors, drive mechanism, remotes, etc) are provided separately by the contractor. If you can find Home Depot or other contractor for installation of garage door openers, you can save money. The only reason we got the garage door opener installed by the builder was that we wanted completed home before move in.

Also, builder charges very high amount for garage door with glass windows in the door panel. We opted for garage door without windows in the doors. With windows in the doors, the garage will not look dark.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:27 PM

Thanks for the insight!

Old 10-22-2012, 02:43 PM

5 posts, read 9,264 times
we went to sales office last weekend and heard that the builder raised their price by $10,000 on most model

Old 10-22-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest1022 View Post
we went to sales office last weekend and heard that the builder raised their price by $10,000 on most model
Guest1022:

Thanks for the info. The US housing market is slowly heating up as number of foreclosure homes are coming down and people are tired of renting and want to buy homes. There are a couple of homes of various models in Summerfields which are marketed by various brokers at higher price. On our Schenck Lane, a Bergen model is listed for sale by the broker for $467,000, with the original price tag of $437,000. Even including elevation and upgrade charges, broker can make cool $20k or 5% commission on the potential sale of home.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:41 PM

62 posts, read 147,097 times
It comes as no surprise that D&C and Chester are somehow related. But I must say that pricing for light fixtures and fans are better when compared to other stores and even on amazon.com for fans.

And I am not sure Yogesh whey they asked you to pick up stuff if you were to order with them and D&C will install it for you. I checked with them - once you select the fixtures/fan, D&C will pick up and install it before closing. infact there is a bergen house open where the model is.. which has all the light fixtures and fans installed prior to closing.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandslam21 View Post
It comes as no surprise that D&C and Chester are somehow related. But I must say that pricing for light fixtures and fans are better when compared to other stores and even on amazon.com for fans.

And I am not sure Yogesh whey they asked you to pick up stuff if you were to order with them and D&C will install it for you. I checked with them - once you select the fixtures/fan, D&C will pick up and install it before closing. infact there is a bergen house open where the model is.. which has all the light fixtures and fans installed prior to closing.
Grandslam21:

Yes, Scott (of D&C) first told me that I have to pick up the stuff and deliver to him. Then he changed the story and said that the Chester light can deliver for me. There were so many changes in his statemenst that I dropped the idea of buying anything from Chester. Finally, he told me that he will install standard lighting and fixtures (which I can replace later if needed) even if I do not buy anything from Chester.

My question to him and the builder was that why the customer has to pick up and carry the stuff. Imagine kitchen contractor asking us to carry granite slabs to the site!

Old 10-29-2012, 10:03 AM

Is it a good idea to install the attic fan? Is there any concern ie: maintain and repair, water getting inside, insect getting stuck?

Old 10-30-2012, 07:54 AM

60 posts, read 142,579 times
Did any house in Summerfields face flooding
In basement & or any leaking or damage bcZ
Of storm.

This Sandy was good to check Summerfields home
Quality..

Old 10-31-2012, 02:09 PM

8 posts, read 49,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTG007 View Post
Did any house in Summerfields face flooding
In basement & or any leaking or damage bcZ
Of storm.

This Sandy was good to check Summerfields home
Quality..

We live in summerfields, and experienced NO FLOODING, or exterior damage. We did lose power from Monday night to today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey