Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 04:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

i hear you. CA is a beautiful state but lots of people do the same here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 09:03 PM

5,772 posts, read 16,588,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I didn't realize Split Rock was in Rockaway township i thought it was in JC. Whats that Reservoir in near Journal SQ JC? And whats up with all the public access to to Reservoirs lately , almost every Reservoir i know near me has boats and ppl in it?
Split Rock is out in the boonies, a quite rural setting.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,697 times
I've been fishing at splitrock since it re-opened in 2004. I love this place and if i could choose a spot to spend the rest of my life it would be here. I'm an out-of-towner, but myself and the peole i go with are constantly picking up trash from other people and of course bringing a bag with us for our own garbage. to say that people need to be self-accountable is true but it's not realistic. the only thing that is going to change this behavior is authoritative response from police or the DFW. once kids/peol start getting hit with tresspassing tickets or illegal parking tickets or whatever i gaurantee that the b.s. will stop. I know that i don't speak for myself when i say that i'd/we'd even be willing to pay for a pass to fish there to help offset the costs of a sufficient patrol. that would also help with the illegal activity.
It's so sad. to me this is one of the last places where you can go and be surrounded by nature and only nature. no houses,roads,vendors,just pure beauty.i hope that something changes soon.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:04 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times
It is horrible. I was at the Lodi DMV today and walked over to a creek by the abandoned railroad and the end of the creek look liked a giant garbage can. Bottles, wrappers, cans, a shopping cart and boxes were all over the bank of the creek and the paint factory nearby apparently does a lot of it's dumping in the weeds. I was about to take pix for the hell of it because it was THAT BAD-- too bad i didn't know a thread like this was floating around at the time, the photos would make you insane.

Split rock is supposedly beautiful from what I've heard. I'm disappointed after hearing this.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:10 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I didn't realize Split Rock was in Rockaway township i thought it was in JC. Whats that Reservoir in near Journal SQ JC? And whats up with all the public access to to Reservoirs lately , almost every Reservoir i know near me has boats and ppl in it?
I think that's one of the Hackensack Reservoirs.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:27 PM

3 posts, read 6,650 times
I agree with you! I kayak there and would be willing to pay for a permit to do so. I am so concerned about what is happening there. When I started going to SRR about four years ago, the reservoir was pristine. Now when I launch my boat, I have to watch out for "swimmers" who think it's a great idea to swim where people are launching there boats. I notice garbage and plastic bottles strewn about. It used to bring me such peace to go there. Instead it is becoming depressing. Although I am not from Boonton or Rockaway, I am a Morris County resident. I can understand why people who live nearby are becoming descusted.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,586 times
I live in Boonton township and I take my kids and dog up the reservoir all of the time. I too get disgusted by the trash, even my tiny girls pick up bottles and cans and bring them home to throw them out...Its the younger kids and the day trippers that litter and dont give a crap..their parents should teach their kids better and the day trippers should have more respect for GODS GIVEN BEAUTY!!! Makes my sick,,no wonder this planet is about to erupt,,thanks a lot asses!

Old 06-06-2011, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,375 times
if it wasnt for us "daytrippers" you guys wouldnt have any money coming into your town (seaside towns). I'm one of these so called day trippers, but i clean up after myself. Every single piece of trash, cigarette, etc. that i bring with me, i either throw away, or even hold onto in my purse until i find a garbage can. so i take offense to you guys who just assume any out of towner is a disrespectful litter bug. yes, i agree, people are VERY inconsiderate sometimes. but its not EVERYONE

Old 06-06-2011, 08:24 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharg View Post
I cant believe how many dirtbags and lawbreakers there are in N.J. No matter where I go at S.R.R. there is litter. I am trying to have a good time with my dog who loves swimming and I have to watch out for broken beer bottles all the time. Wrappers, soda bottles, and those GOD DAMN FISHING HOOKS. Cant u fking people clean up after yourselves? They have an OFFICIAL LAUNCH and yet no one is happy with that either. They have to launch and park where it says NO PARKING OR LAUNCHING. My Rockaway taxes pay for the morons who get lost in the woods. Therefore I should have rights to the lake. Not you idiots from other towns. There is supposed to be NO SHORE LINE FISHING yet every damn day there is. No matter where I go I cant walk without getting pissed off at the garbage I find in what could have been New Jersey's most beautiful spot. The Lake should only belong to Rockaway residents and have an age limit of 25. Boonton too.

Let me tell you something. If I catch ANYONE littering I will press charges against you and take you to court. Im sick of it and im sure other Rockaway residents are sick of it also. I live a mile from the lake and it makes me sick that people cant respect the rules and the nature. The dirt road now leading to the lake is full of CRAP. Im warning you. I am on the rampage. I will press charges against anyone mis using the lake. Trust me.

Thank You.
I sure hope you are picking up after that dog. Nothing gets me more annoyed than people who let their dog poop in the park and do not pick it up.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:37 AM

2 posts, read 6,469 times
You are right Jessica it isn't everyone but the resevoir wasn't opened to be used as a swimming place. You're not even supposed to fish from shore yet many people still do. I have met alot of people there from all over that are respectful and enjoy the area for its beauty which i am sure you do. Thank you for keeping it clean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey