Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 08:35 AM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
That word is so written/entrenched into our music and movies. I just watched Django and they couldn't work that word in enough during the movie. I don't know how we can move forward as a culture when it comes to a word that is such a smear against an ethic group and yet it survives in all aspects of our pop culture. I always wonder if the Germans used an equally offensive term to describe the Jews during the Holocaust and if the Jews greet each other with this word? The term is offensive and shouldn't be embraced in our pop culture. By doing so makes it certain that the word survives.
Not that I know. It was just Jude/Juden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 08:46 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
Another Walking Dead fan? OMG, I'm so sick of that show,lol.
I watch it because my wife makes me; but I wouldn't call myself a fan. I like the zombie killing but I don't really care for the living characters. the only show I actually enjoyed watching until it recently ended was Spartacus.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:36 AM

908 posts, read 1,556,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I watch it because my wife makes me; but I wouldn't call myself a fan. I like the zombie killing but I don't really care for the living characters. the only show I actually enjoyed watching until it recently ended was Spartacus.
My husband likes it. Too gross for me.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It looks to me like ridiculous saggy pants prejudice.
LOL, you need to look again then. Saggy pants?

Old 07-02-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
My husband likes it. Too gross for me.
walking dead or Spartacus? if your husband hasnt seen Spartacus, tell him to download/buy the first season of Spartacus and watch it. he will be forever grateful.

I usually have no problem suspending logic and common sense for the purposes of enjoying a tv show; im still not thrilled with the idea that those zombies in walking dead could take over the world. they are too slow and easily killed.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
walking dead or Spartacus? if your husband hasnt seen Spartacus, tell him to download/buy the first season of Spartacus and watch it. he will be forever grateful.

I usually have no problem suspending logic and common sense for the purposes of enjoying a tv show; im still not thrilled with the idea that those zombies in walking dead could take over the world. they are too slow and easily killed.
He likes Walking dead. Zombies are just gross to me. He may like Spartacus, too. It sounds like something he'd watch. Is it on netflix?

Old 07-02-2013, 12:53 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
yeah, it's not like we have the highest incarceration rate in the world or anything. we definitely have an aversion to locking people up.
Coupled with a more-than-generous catch and release system.

I'll bet there's a family in Millburn that doesn't give a damn about us having "the highest incarceration rate in the world or anything. we definitely have an aversion to locking people up. "

Old 07-02-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
He likes Walking dead. Zombies are just gross to me. He may like Spartacus, too. It sounds like something he'd watch. Is it on netflix?
I don't have Netflix. just tried to search it and I don't know how that works. it was on starz; which I think is a big reason why it isn't very well known. my wife would just download it the day after It played. its brutal bloody action and lots of it. some naked ladies and you just have to look away when they show some weiner or homosexual stuff. its worth it.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:54 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,151,925 times
More than 20 years ago he attacked another woman and threw her down the stairs. This creep smirked as he was hauled off to jail on Tuesday:

Suspect In Millburn, NJ Nanny Cam Home Invasion Held On $750K Bail « CBS New York

Old 07-03-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
More than 20 years ago he attacked another woman and threw her down the stairs. This creep smirked as he was hauled off to jail on Tuesday:

Suspect In Millburn, NJ Nanny Cam Home Invasion Held On $750K Bail « CBS New York
WTH, was he released so quickly, especially after other offenses? They have to take that into account. I don't understand this. This creep clearly hates women. I hope someones father beats his dirty, evil a$$ in jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey