Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 02:03 PM

908 posts, read 1,556,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
well, there is a difference between bein close to the hood and bein from the hood, im close to the hood lol
Yeah, ummm not everyone in "the hood speaks" that way. Even if they do, they don't write that way. Also, I know plenty of people who don't live in "the hood" that speak with less than perfect grammar. Ironically, they claim to be proud 'Mericans.
In any case, why not just write properly? It's not hood. It's annoying to read through, and a bit bigoted, even if you don't realize or intend it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 03:43 PM

690 posts, read 964,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
Yeah, ummm not everyone in "the hood speaks" that way. Even if they do, they don't write that way. Also, I know plenty of people who don't live in "the hood" that speak with less than perfect grammar. Ironically, they claim to be proud 'Mericans.
In any case, why not just write properly? It's not hood. It's annoying to read through, and a bit bigoted, even if you don't realize or intend it.
cuz this is not school nor work, i dont feel the need to e-impress nobod
if its annoying to read, dont read it...

Old 06-28-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
cuz this is not school nor work, i dont feel the need to e-impress nobod
if its annoying to read, dont read it...
I say this will all due respect. Are you an adult, as in over 18? My 10 year old doesn't speak or write that way, even during school breaks. If one has the ability to speak & write properly, why do the opposite, and an extreme opposite at that? I'm not trying to disrespect you. I want to understand. It's a bit more than just slang. I've lived both in "the hood" & the burbs, and still don't get it.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:08 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
They just caught the guy! FBI got involved.

Hopefully he gets beaten and raped many times over the next 20 years in jail.

They are charging him with attempted murder, among other things.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:12 PM

Yup, he as caught. Cops arrest Shawn Custis, suspect in violent Millburn home invasion

Old 06-28-2013, 04:15 PM

I think my drug addict theory may be correct. He has previous burglary & petty theft charges, and really looks bad for his age in those mug shots, like he's on drugs. If it doesn't show, look up Shawn Custis.
Inmate Lookup Tool

Old 06-28-2013, 04:28 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,683,121 times
Read the last line of this article. Another tip to staying safe - don't make it look like there's no one home. I hope he's locked up for life.

Suspect Arrested in Attack on Mom Caught on Nanny Cam | NBC New York

Old 06-28-2013, 04:32 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,683,121 times
Quote:
I say this will all due respect. Are you an adult, as in over 18? My 10 year old doesn't speak or write that way, even during school breaks. If one has the ability to speak & write properly, why do the opposite, and an extreme opposite at that? I'm not trying to disrespect you. I want to understand. It's a bit more than just slang. I've lived both in "the hood" & the burbs, and still don't get it.
I don't get it either. No one will take anything you write seriously when such poor spelling and grammar are used (and apparently on purpose) so why even bother? It's not cute or funny, it's pretty sad actually.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
im actually 13, i jus grew up quick...
nah, but u can PM me and ill gladly break it down for u
on the other hand i wont cuz its pointless, erybody can talk how they want, its watevA yadamean
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanks34 View Post
I don't get it either. No one will take anything you write seriously when such poor spelling and grammar are used (and apparently on purpose) so why even bother? It's not cute or funny, it's pretty sad actually.
i agree, lets all cry then

Old 06-28-2013, 06:03 PM

thats good that they caught him, almost too fast
no surprise, since a white woman was the victim tho, that typa victim gets the most publicity so they alread know they betta act fast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey