Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 09:23 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
or they'd install security doors on the cockpit so that this isn't something you'd have to worry about. and that's a slightly different situation than someone stealing your wallet, but false equivalencies seem to be your specialty.

yeah, if it's die fighting vs being executed, then by all means, fight. unfortunately, the stats just don't support your theory, but that's why evolution is awesome. it helps weed out the people who don't use their brains.
its funny how you don't like my example but referring to the "wild west" is perfectly fine. im pretty sure you have absolutely no stats regarding the "wild west" and have no idea about how things were in the "wild west." but if people actually took proactive action to protect themselves, then all the sudden we are promoting a "wild west" world. criminals prey on the weak, that's why they are more likely to attack women and old ladies. they don't want to deal with people who fight back. promote "letting them do whatever they want" and you are accommodating criminals.

im not a statistic, im a person. im not ok with dying and saying "oh well, I guess I was in the % of people that don't make it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
well if i lived next to someone like u i wud def have a fight mentality
too bad u cant fight as u mentioned a while back, ur too scared for yo weak, insecure self so u need guns to show people u the boss
stay fragile tho
that's exactly what my guns are for. I like to show people that I the boss.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:32 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,565 times
Quote:
well if i lived next to someone like u i wud def have a fight mentality
too bad u cant fight as u mentioned a while back, ur too scared for yo weak, insecure self so u need guns to show people u the boss
stay fragile tho
You talk about addressing why people do these things and fixing the problems with society before it comes to this. Nice theory.

Lesson #1 - Use proper grammar.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:44 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,325,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
You talk about addressing why people do these things and fixing the problems with society before it comes to this. Nice theory.

Lesson #1 - Use proper grammar.

boom, drop the mic!

Old 06-28-2013, 10:04 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,736,811 times
Quote:
not at all
im jus sayin thats why u see these things happenin, its a part of the bigger problem, obviously its not these people's fault that they live in millburn
i said earlier there is no excuse for this behavior and im white and not from the hoodits important however to see the big picture and realize why things happen the way they do so we can see our faults as a society instead of ignorng them and better it overall
After reading your posts you had me fooled

Old 06-28-2013, 10:30 AM
PPL

95 posts, read 152,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its funny how you don't like my example but referring to the "wild west" is perfectly fine. im pretty sure you have absolutely no stats regarding the "wild west" and have no idea about how things were in the "wild west." but if people actually took proactive action to protect themselves, then all the sudden we are promoting a "wild west" world. criminals prey on the weak, that's why they are more likely to attack women and old ladies. they don't want to deal with people who fight back. promote "letting them do whatever they want" and you are accommodating criminals.

im not a statistic, im a person. im not ok with dying and saying "oh well, I guess I was in the % of people that don't make it."
stats are commonly used when you can't convince people with common sense.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:40 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,408,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

i don't like your example of what people would do if terrorist hijacked an airplane, as to what an individual do if a criminal wanted their wallet or watch....yeah - you're right. they are slightly different. one is a bit more desperate than the other, don't you think? i could give you stats - but you don't care about stats. you've already established that. and no, you are saying that if everyone was afraid that they might get beat up (or as some argue, shot), then we would have less crime. I pointed to a period of time in our country's history where that's essentially how things worked, and no, there wasn't less crime.

criminals, in the cases of robbery and burlgery, prey on opportunity. that's why guys break into houses at 10:30am on a weekday - because most likely, the house is empty. that's why businesses right off of Interstates get robbed more often than other businesses. Easy on, easy off. Yeah, they don't want to deal with obstacles, and fighting back would be an obstacle. I'm not promoting letting them do whatever they want. I'd give the guy my wallet, and then let the cops do their job. You'd fight back, and hope that you win. Good luck.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
i don't like your example of what people would do if terrorist hijacked an airplane, as to what an individual do if a criminal wanted their wallet or watch....yeah - you're right. they are slightly different. one is a bit more desperate than the other, don't you think? i could give you stats - but you don't care about stats. you've already established that. and no, you are saying that if everyone was afraid that they might get beat up (or as some argue, shot), then we would have less crime. I pointed to a period of time in our country's history where that's essentially how things worked, and no, there wasn't less crime.
im pretty sure i said that i like stats. im not sure which stats would be available that would work for this conversation are out there; but id love to see them. the reason you said "you don't care about stats" has nothing to do with my preference and everything to do with your preference to not provide stats. so instead of just saying "I could give you stats," please give them to me.

what do you know about the crime stats of the "wild west"? you know anything without searching in google? im not really sure what you would get in google, but i doubt you have any knowledge whatsoever about the "wild west."

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 06-28-2013 at 01:27 PM..

Old 06-28-2013, 01:24 PM

560 posts, read 1,130,565 times
ive seen a lot of sick videos of murders executions accidents and the like but this really got to me. i was disturbed by this. no more will i want to watch videos like this. this is actually worse to me than Canadian cannibal video.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:41 PM

690 posts, read 964,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
After reading your posts you had me fooled
well, there is a difference between bein close to the hood and bein from the hood, im close to the hood lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey