Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 07:27 PM

88,590 posts, read 84,838,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
this wat happens when people in America wan segregate by race and class and seperate themselves from poverty, not care and just forget about it and let the poor people rot (particularly blacks), they not gon jus sit there in the ghetto, they coming for u and u cant contain it like previously thought
this is the thinking, esp back in the day when people fled to suburbs, but it dont work like that, we are not a society of neatly put, sealed compartments, but a one unit, u cant isolate yourselves from the problems of the rest, everything affects everybody, and this case is a good example
I agree that there is no guarantee of safety no matter where you go. If you have lots of stuff, it's always going to tempt people who want your stuff and who have no moral compunction about taking what does not belong to them.

On the other hand, WHY would people who believe in hard work and who adhere to certain standards of living, and i'm not talking specifically about financial but about behavior deemed acceptable to most of society--following laws, taking education seriously, and in general being respectful of others--why would people like that want to live with the people who DON'T adhere to socially-acceptable behavior? Of course they are going to want to separate themselves. OF COURSE. And while the poverty line drawn between black and white has always been pretty sharp, it's getting blurrier.

Think about that situation down in Maryland just a couple of years ago. A nice, suburban, middle-class, mostly black neighborhood of professionals were raising hell because low-lifes from an adjacent crime-ridden city were starting to hang out in their neighborhood park and sell drugs and break into their houses. There were all sorts of cries from the poor side about how these blacks were sell-outs and turning in their own, but the better-off people had standards, and had worked for what they had, and they weren't just going to sit there and have it taken from them by people who simply don't care about themselves or anyone else.

There are no easy answers, but regardless--no one has the right to break in and harm and steal from someone else who has never done anything to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 07:32 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,967,084 times
Quote:
this wat happens when people in America wan segregate by race and class and seperate themselves from poverty, not care and just forget about it and let the poor people rot (particularly blacks), they not gon jus sit there in the ghetto, they coming for u and u cant contain it like previously thought
this is the thinking, esp back in the day when people fled to suburbs, but it dont work like that, we are not a society of neatly put, sealed compartments, but a one unit, u cant isolate yourselves from the problems of the rest, everything affects everybody, and this case is a good example

Now I've heard it all.

First it's, "Let's blame the victim because she was probably having an affair or buying drugs from the perpetrator." Now it's, "Let's blame the victim because of segregation." These apologist posts are ridiculous.

What the hell, seriously, is wrong with you people?

The victim and her family are living in Millburn because they want a good school system for their 2 kids and because they want to live in a place with a yard and where they won't be shot walking to the park. They're not there in some conspiracy to hold you down and let you rot. What would you suggest? That they move in to the hood in a display of solidarity?

Old 06-27-2013, 07:37 PM

690 posts, read 964,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
Now I've heard it all.

First it's, "Let's blame the victim because she was probably having an affair or buying drugs from the perpetrator." Now it's, "Let's blame the victim because of segregation." These apologist posts are ridiculous.

What the hell, seriously, is wrong with you people?

The victim and her family are living in Millburn because they want a good school system for their 2 kids and because they want to live in a place with a yard and where they won't be shot walking to the park. They're not there in some conspiracy to hold you down and let you rot. What would you suggest? That they move in to the hood in a display of solidarity?
not at all
im jus sayin thats why u see these things happenin, its a part of the bigger problem, obviously its not these people's fault that they live in millburn
i said earlier there is no excuse for this behavior and im white and not from the hood
its important however to see the big picture and realize why things happen the way they do so we can see our faults as a society instead of ignorng them and better it overall

Old 06-27-2013, 07:39 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,748,986 times
Quote:
This is all a bunch of crap. It doesn't make the beating of a young mother while her young child watched and the baby slept upstairs okay. There will never be any excuse for what happened. "They coming for u." Give me a break. We'll be armed and ready.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:46 PM

88,590 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
not at all
im jus sayin thats why u see these things happenin, its a part of the bigger problem, obviously its not these people's fault that they live in millburn
i said earlier there is no excuse for this behavior and im white and not from the hood
its important however to see the big picture and realize why things happen the way they do so we can see our faults as a society instead of ignorng them and better it overall
So what are your solutions? People much smarter than you have been trying to figure that one out longer than you've been on the planet.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I agree that there is no guarantee of safety no matter where you go. If you have lots of stuff, it's always going to tempt people who want your stuff and who have no moral compunction about taking what does not belong to them.

On the other hand, WHY would people who believe in hard work and who adhere to certain standards of living, and i'm not talking specifically about financial but about behavior deemed acceptable to most of society--following laws, taking education seriously, and in general being respectful of others--why would people like that want to live with the people who DON'T adhere to socially-acceptable behavior? Of course they are going to want to separate themselves. OF COURSE. And while the poverty line drawn between black and white has always been pretty sharp, it's getting blurrier.

Think about that situation down in Maryland just a couple of years ago. A nice, suburban, middle-class, mostly black neighborhood of professionals were raising hell because low-lifes from an adjacent crime-ridden city were starting to hang out in their neighborhood park and sell drugs and break into their houses. There were all sorts of cries from the poor side about how these blacks were sell-outs and turning in their own, but the better-off people had standards, and had worked for what they had, and they weren't just going to sit there and have it taken from them by people who simply don't care about themselves or anyone else.

There are no easy answers, but regardless--no one has the right to break in and harm and steal from someone else who has never done anything to them.
yea i agree, and its been getting better and less segregated, and im not sayin u gotta live with criminals, im jus sayin that u cant put a barrier on less fortunate people cuz they still gon be there doing things like this so instead of sayin ill get a gun and blast them all and im ready or building more prisons, we need to attack the causes of these problems, which is the desease, rather than the problems themselves, which are only the symptoms

Old 06-27-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
So what are your solutions? People much smarter than you have been trying to figure that one out longer than you've been on the planet.
lol i aint said it was easy, we might as well open a whole diff thread for this
its not bout not having solutions, there are solutions, its bout applying them, things exist the way they are for a reason, it favors certain groups of people

Old 06-27-2013, 07:51 PM

587 posts, read 2,178,988 times
This perp has no issues using excessive force, thankfully the perp didn't have a weapon. This perp is definitely not the brightes bulb, i mean if your going to do something like this wouldn't you hit a house that's in the more exclusive area of millburn. This leads me to belive this perp may live close to the area. Someone may even spot him at the millburn mall.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:11 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
yea i agree, and its been getting better and less segregated, and im not sayin u gotta live with criminals, im jus sayin that u cant put a barrier on less fortunate people cuz they still gon be there doing things like this so instead of sayin ill get a gun and blast them all and im ready or building more prisons, we need to attack the causes of these problems, which is the desease, rather than the problems themselves, which are only the symptoms
its not enough for me to not live around criminals. I don't want to live around people that type like you type either.

I think part of the problem with society is too many people are willing to just pray that the perp wont kill them and hope for the best. we are told to just do as they ask and don't fight. that way the odds say they wont kill us. but if we were told to fight every time; there would be less crime because criminals wouldn't have easy targets. as a whole, we lose out because of this "don't fight" attitude whether or not we choose to fight.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:56 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
not at all
What a load of pschyobabble bullsh*t.

There have always been those who take advantage of all of the opportunities given to them by society (i.e. a good public education) and those that just don't care as long as there's an easier way out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey