Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 11:23 AM

690 posts, read 963,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
neighbors don't have the right to come in. if a woman is home and someone comes in, there should be an understanding that she shouldn't hesitate to shoot. there are no guarantees but in this case it seemed like this lady was left with possible opportunities to grab a gun.
u know u gon go to prison with that kinda thinking, right? someone comes in for whatever reason and if there is no proof they are a criminal and u kill them, ur done
there is no law that says u can kill people jus because they entered, they have to be a threat first, and u cant jus say i thought he was a criminal
u cant just unload on some demented old guy who thinks he lives there or other harmless people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 11:46 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
u know u gon go to prison with that kinda thinking, right? someone comes in for whatever reason and if there is no proof they are a criminal and u kill them, ur done
there is no law that says u can kill people jus because they entered, they have to be a threat first, and u cant jus say i thought he was a criminal
u cant just unload on some demented old guy who thinks he lives there or other harmless people
why are you typing like that? is there something wrong with your keyboard?

im pretty sure that if someone has illegally entered my home that they are a threat. in any case, I am less worried about the law than I am the safety of my wife and daughter. if I have to pay a lawyer to defend my wife for shooting someone who illegally entered our home then id rather do that than deal with the consequences of my wife not shooting.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:11 PM

908 posts, read 1,555,228 times
Quote:
did i say that? u said that
i said that many people in the ghetto feel angry (understadably) at what they view as privileged white people who got it easy and knew no struggle like them
some of them snap like this guy
Nope, I did NOT say that. However, you did read this guy's mind, and stated he did this because she is white, despite no evidence of racial slurs, or anything else that may indicate it was a hate crime. You generalized, and speculated solely because he is black. All we know for sure is he robbed her and beat her. BTW, there IS white privilege in America. No matter how much people refuse to see it, it's there, but that's another story.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:15 PM
PPL

95 posts, read 152,166 times
Quote:
IMHO, it's better to standing in the court room, trying to defend myself against those ridiculous charges, than laying in the tomb waiting for my justice.

No to mention wife and kids.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:33 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
U know this is barely legible?

Old 06-26-2013, 01:22 PM

146 posts, read 626,028 times
This story is just freaking me out. Nick Jr on the backgrounds, a 3 yr old little girl cowering...this is just so unsettling to your peace of mind in your home. There's no solution either..it's 10am, you're not going to have your alarm on. A viscious guard dog is all I an think of (being armed is not an option IMO with young kids in the house).

Old 06-26-2013, 01:38 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
why are you typing like that? is there something wrong with your keyboard?

im pretty sure that if someone has illegally entered my home that they are a threat. in any case, I am less worried about the law than I am the safety of my wife and daughter. if I have to pay a lawyer to defend my wife for shooting someone who illegally entered our home then id rather do that than deal with the consequences of my wife not shooting.
Sometimes you just hit it right with your words, CaptainNJ. LMAO.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:40 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubileefd View Post
This story is just freaking me out. Nick Jr on the backgrounds, a 3 yr old little girl cowering...this is just so unsettling to your peace of mind in your home. There's no solution either..it's 10am, you're not going to have your alarm on. A viscious guard dog is all I an think of (being armed is not an option IMO with young kids in the house).
yeah, a dog is a great thing to have. i dont think id ever be without one that's capable of offering up some form of resistance. in my mind, my dog is a great deterrent and she is also the thing that gives my wife the few seconds to grab a gun.

you can keep fingerprint gun safes around so that you can have access to the guns while your kids cant. you don't really want something with a key or combo since fast access is crucial.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:43 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post

Anyway, i think the woman had some relationship with the man, she was most likely cheating on her husband. Notice that the intruder doesn't steal anything. He obviously came into because of something going on between her and him. And now she is going to play the "big black man and innocent white girl" route to get him in jail.

She'll be successful.
And this is based on WHAT?

Old 06-26-2013, 02:04 PM

461 posts, read 911,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And this is based on WHAT?
Didn't you know? You don't have to have a plausible evidence for something to be truth.

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey